PDA

View Full Version : SnapperPro Mowers

Jared-1991-2009
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Hello!

I'm starting a landscaping business and wanted to know if you guys have any experience with snapper???

I'm planning on going with Snapper mowers and Echo Blowers, Trimmers ETC!

I was just wanting to know if you guys have any knowledge with them (Snapper)? how is the maintenance with snapper? thanks for your help!!!

~Jared

QualityLawnCare4u
02-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I have not owned one but have been looking at them for the upcoming year. The biggest LCO in my area swears by them and says he has had real good sevice out of them. This is a company that has several employs and they get put through the mill from daylight till dark.

Jared-1991-2009
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks, We have had a very old snapper, it was no pro but it did pretty well... now we have a Dixon and it has more problems then the snapper did!

now am looking back at snapper, but gonna get a Pro!

MowHouston
02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I bought a 22" Snapper last year and I hate the mower. The control on it is ******ed, that is the main complaint.

Quality of cut is pretty nice but I hate the mower overall.

vanderbilt
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Hello!

I'm starting a landscaping business and wanted to know if you guys have any experience with snapper???

I'm planning on going with Snapper mowers and Echo Blowers, Trimmers ETC!

I was just wanting to know if you guys have any knowledge with them (Snapper)? how is the maintenance with snapper? thanks for your help!!!

~Jared

Been running a Snapper Pro walk behind with sulkey for the last 7 years. One blade clutch and had the goveneor adjusted when it stuck that's all I've had to do to it besides change oil and filters. 17 Kawi for the motor - hard to beat. I'd guess 2000 to 3000 hours on it.

RGM
02-05-2009, 04:38 PM
I have 2 snapper 48'' pistol grip they are greatest dependable mowers
the older one is about 13 years old i have to guess about 4-5 thousand hours at least

kjslawn
02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I would like to try the new out front machine looks like it would hold a hill and the weight is more evenly disributed. Then a mid mount

Big Blue Sky
02-05-2009, 05:01 PM
We are fortunate to be located in the Georgia county where Snapper was founded. A couple of years ago they were bought out by Briggs & Stratton Power . . .
The 21" Commercial Mowers are by far the BEST 21" we have ever used. And yes, we have used Honda, Exmark, Toro, JD, etc. Durable Machines.

We have owned a Pro Walk Behind, but did not like it. Reliable, tough but the crews would always avoid it.

No experience with the ZTR. Though most guys around here seem to run them or Exmarks.

Echo . . . not a fan.

Good luck

RonAyersMotorsports
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Used to sell Snapper along with Toro. Great units but apples to apples compared to the Toro, Exmark, Scag, and Hustler. They just didn't stack up. We had to literally sell the units below cost just to get rid of them selling them beside Toro. Again great machines just not the same quality against some of the big name competitors.

I still love their push mowers, and LT200 series riding tractors. IMO Best bang for the buck.

As far as a Zero Turn stick with the names mentioned before. Again my opinion but I have sold or serviced everything I mention.
But if the Snapper dealer has the best service in your area by all means buy a Snapper!

ed2hess
02-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't know which model don't stack up but the 21" and the 36" dual hydro units with adjustable decks are very reliable compared to our scags. The price point for the 36" is very attractive this year and since they teamed up with Ferris things seem to be changing on their pro series.

mjealey
02-05-2009, 11:48 PM
I have a Snapper Pro s150x and a Scag Tiger Cub. Snapper is every bit as good in every area. My Snapper has the 21 hp Kawasaki and 48" deck. Snappers are an old name that your grandpa would know but they are very good and coming back. In our area they are really selling well. I paid 5,999 for mine. Has 12cc fan cooled pumps, 21 hp Kawasaki. Paid 6,900 for my Scag and it has 10cc pumps and 19 HP Kawasaki. They have recently redesigned their Snapper Pro line and they are pretty impressive if you demo them. One very large company in East Tennessee bought 6 Snapper s200x (61", 28 Kawi) to replace some of their old worn out Turf Tigers. They were $4,000 cheaper then the Scags and they like them every bit as much as the scag and said they would definetly buy one again.

The Snapper sw20 walk behind is an awesome machine. Dual hydro, Full floating deck, 36 in, 15 hp Kawi for $3799. Deck is very easy to adjust. You just turn a little handle and it adjusts up and down.

For those of you that don't know, Snapper Pro is basically a Ferris without the suspension. Mine is exactly the same as is1500. If I order parts or accessories, it comes in a Ferris box. They are at least worth demoning.

Scags and Exmark are very good and great machines, if you are looking to save a little money, Snapper would be a great choice. In the long run, I really do think they would hold up as well.

mjealey
02-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Sorry Jared, I tried the Echo route and I had problems with them. Some people I know, have no problems but I didn't care for mine. I have Shindaiwa 242 trimmer and edger, and Jungle Jim trimmer rack and am much more pleased with the Shindaiwa products. All are red and same color and look really clean on the trailer if appearance matters to you. Picked up a new 802 blower from Shindaiwa two days ago and it is awesome. Messed around with it for five minutes in the driveway, tons of power, relatively quiet, and pretty comnfortable for its size. We'll see how she holds up.

24/48
02-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I have a snapper pro 36 w/b that I have for sale now. It was a good mower, never had any probs, just getting old and I bought a scag w/b from a friend to replace it. I would not be scared of buying another snapper.

DaughtryLC
02-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I have an 05 61" 25kohler and love it. It has about 500hrs

mjealey
02-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Priced 36" Scag WB today, Dual hydro, floating deck = $5699 + tAX. Snapper is 3799 and looks to be made just as good in the WB area. I am going to go with Snapper over the Scag and save $1900.

tyler_mott85
02-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Snapper and Toro WB's are the norm around here, those two brands probably make up 50% of the market. I've use snapper WB and Push mowers and can agree with the other's that they are very good machines, especially compared to their price. I plan on gettin a 36" next year. the local dealer has a huge thing to do with that too tho. Their push mowers are as good as you can get, IMO I have a John deere JX75 and I don't think it handles the abuse as good as any of their push mowers...

No you can probably find a better mower, I use an gravely 48" now and I like the over all durability and ease of use of it better but again, for the money? I'll take the snapper.

nosparkplugs
02-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I have a Snapper Pro s150x and a Scag Tiger Cub. Snapper is every bit as good in every area. My Snapper has the 21 hp Kawasaki and 48" deck. Snappers are an old name that your grandpa would know but they are very good and coming back. In our area they are really selling well. I paid 5,999 for mine. Has 12cc fan cooled pumps, 21 hp Kawasaki. Paid 6,900 for my Scag and it has 10cc pumps and 19 HP Kawasaki. They have recently redesigned their Snapper Pro line and they are pretty impressive if you demo them. One very large company in East Tennessee bought 6 Snapper s200x (61", 28 Kawi) to replace some of their old worn out Turf Tigers. They were $4,000 cheaper then the Scags and they like them every bit as much as the scag and said they would definetly buy one again.

The Snapper sw20 walk behind is an awesome machine. Dual hydro, Full floating deck, 36 in, 15 hp Kawi for $3799. Deck is very easy to adjust. You just turn a little handle and it adjusts up and down.

For those of you that don't know, Snapper Pro is basically a Ferris without the suspension. Mine is exactly the same as is1500. If I order parts or accessories, it comes in a Ferris box. They are at least worth demoning.

Scags and Exmark are very good and great machines, if you are looking to save a little money, Snapper would be a great choice. In the long run, I really do think they would hold up as well.

Don't talk like that:laugh: your going to mess the Lawnsite brand hierarchy order up. Some folks will never understand what you just said, I'm with you why spend the extra cash:nono:

mjealey
02-07-2009, 11:56 PM
nosparkplugs, don't tell anybody on here, but the Snapper has been more reliable and if more times then not the people I mow with will go for the Snapper before the Scag. It does ride better and is a little bit more comnfortable.

nosparkplugs
02-07-2009, 11:59 PM
nosparkplugs, don't tell anybody on here, but the Snapper has been more reliable and if more times then not the people I mow with will go for the Snapper before the Scag. It does ride better and is a little bit more comnfortable.

I was not happy enough with Scag to reinvest again I will leave it at that