PDA

View Full Version : Spring will be here in two months

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Time to get rolling folks. A season can be made or broken in the dog days of February. This year will be especially tough so the early birds will be the winners.

irritation
02-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Why did you quit working?....and why are you moving?

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Why did you quit working?....and why are you moving?

I haven't quit working. Still sell pigtails. I have no family in Dallas anymore. My Dad passed away, my Mom who I was caretaker for has moved in with a sister, my daughter is in Boston and heading to England. Dallas is a city for making money and requires a pace of life I no longer desire. Sooooo I'm moving to Fort Collins to be near my sister's family so I can be an awesome Uncle to my niece and nephew and will restart my irrigation business there but with a different angle.

Wet_Boots
02-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Roll another one....................................................................................

Just like the other one...........................................................................

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/8583/stonedagin1tp9.gif

irritation
02-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I haven't quit working. Still sell pigtails.

I thought you had a well established service business.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-05-2009, 07:04 PM
I thought you had a well established service business.

I did, I sold it, terms are private.

Mike Leary
02-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I did, I sold it, terms are private.

A few of us know what happened, and could not be happier who bought the biz. :clapping:

Wet_Boots
02-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Did the terms of the sale include a map of where all those itty-bitty valve boxes are? :)

ARGOS
02-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Time to get rolling folks. A season can be made or broken in the dog days of February. This year will be especially tough so the early birds will be the winners.

Be careful your going to ruin Dana's winter hibernation.

DanaMac
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
A few of us know what happened, and could not be happier who bought the biz. :clapping:

Sorry Mike, it wasn't me :laugh:

DanaMac
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Be careful your going to ruin Dana's winter hibernation.

I've actually been itchin' to work lately. had one lady call today to see if we could turn it back on for a few days. Been dry and in the 60s lately. Next weeks snowboard trip will be my last week of hibernation.

Wet_Boots
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM
If Texas is in the past, then brisket is out, and spare ribs are in.

mitchgo
02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
We have 3 weeks left before we start our start ups.
Today we did a domestic service line replacement. I'm so f-ing sore. we even cut a buried phone line, luckily it was abandoned.

Kiril
02-05-2009, 09:55 PM

:laugh: Spring is already here for me. :cry:

ARGOS
02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
:laugh: Spring is already here for me. :cry:

Sure has been nice weather. I have been working in a t-shirt.

hoskm01
02-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Im almost ready for spring. Id like to see the rest of Winter, first.

Mad Estonian
02-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Just finished a nice system upgrade (just under $5000). Pretty happy to land it this time of year. One of the reasons I got it is because I was willing to do it now, and the landscaper wanted to get on with his end. Weather's been good, don't know why the other guys want to wait until March. You snooze...

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-06-2009, 04:58 AM
If Texas is in the past, then brisket is out, and spare ribs are in.

I'm going to use my CO move as a chance to change my diet. I'm going more vegetarian, fresh vegetables, pasta, homemade breads, and fish (hopefully trout caught fishing). Leave my beef loving past in Texas. My daughter has been lecturing me on the inefficiencies in our farming system due to this american obsession with beef. It will do me some good as well. Like beer I've had my fair share of beef. No regrets there for sure. Will I come across as gay if I start discussing bread making? What if I make the bread in my smoker?

Dripit good
02-06-2009, 07:32 AM
I'm going to use my CO move as a chance to change my diet. I'm going more vegetarian, fresh vegetables, pasta, homemade breads, and fish (hopefully trout caught fishing). Leave my beef loving past in Texas. My daughter has been lecturing me on the inefficiencies in our farming system due to this american obsession with beef. It will do me some good as well. Like beer I've had my fair share of beef. No regrets there for sure. Will I come across as gay if I start discussing bread making? What if I make the bread in my smoker?

Don't experiment with the Tilapia tacos! Not worth it. Wifey made that crap last night and it was horrible!! She watches the cooking channel too much. :nono:

My daughter is also moving to England soon (for her masters degree)!

Good luck in your new venture sir, I'm sure it will be a success!:clapping: :drinkup:

DanaMac
02-06-2009, 07:41 AM

Go for local buffalo instead of beef then. They are usually on open ranges, not the over crowded cattle farms. Much leaner too. I'm at a point again that I'm going to lower my beef intake. I'm heavier than ever, high cholesterol, and family heart history.

My GF makes awesome homemade bread. You'll have a learning curve due to altitude and very dry climate.

Dripit good
02-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Will I come across as gay if I start discussing bread making? What if I make the bread in my smoker?

Yes :cry:

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Yes :cry:

Oh well. I'll work on buffalo in the smoker then.

I'll try to reclaim my manhood with this site.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html

Wet_Boots
02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm going to give bread-making a try. There is one particular kind of bread I loved as a kid, that doesn't seem to be commercially available these days.

ARGOS
02-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I have a pretty significant job coming up that includes a brick oven for bread. The customer gave me some of their bread and it is excellent. They currently have a small oven they use. The oven maker said the oven was going to run around 14k.

I have been a vegetarian since I was a child. HOWEVER, half of the kids are big meat eaters. We try to buy local meats that are free range and/or grass fed. There are a lot of options over the grocery store meat.

DanaMac
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
I have been a vegetarian since I was a child. HOWEVER, half of the kids are big meat eaters. We try to buy local meats that are free range and/or grass fed. There are a lot of options over the grocery store meat.

We try to buy local foods as much as possible. We also do a lot of free range, cage free, grass fed, organics. Hit the farmers markets in the summer. But our growing season is limited. The good veggies don't show until mid-June. We went to one of the bigger art and farmers markets in Eugene, OR at the beginning of December. I could not believe all the good local produce they had.

Dripit good
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
All right.

I'll come out of the closet........I LOVE homemade bread!

Friendship bread is pretty crazy huh?

Wet_Boots
02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Somewhere, I may still have a package of freeze-dried sourdough starter. It would be cool if it was viable after thirty-odd years.

EagleLandscape
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
The bread that came with the brisket was good! My mom got me a breadmaker for Christmas too, so it's time for me to get cracking. Peter I still need your help in picking out a quality bbq/smoker. My wife is now demanding it!

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Somewhere, I may still have a package of freeze-dried sourdough starter. It would be cool if it was viable after thirty-odd years.

Check out King Arthur Bakery in Vermont. I had some from them I kept alive for 10 years and then finally lost from neglect. Do it with your own money though and don't insist on having us tax payers fund it. Sourdough starter is not a right you know....

Wet_Boots
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
The starter might have had some historic cachet, but I forgot where it's from. Some of the better bakeries, that have warm-from-the-oven baguettes all day, seem to have a more interesting yeast quality to the bread.

By the way, can anyone guess what kind of bread has disappeared from supermarkets? (as observed by me, and kind of confirmed by google)

Kiril
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
The starter might have had some historic cachet, but I forgot where it's from. Some of the better bakeries, that have warm-from-the-oven baguettes all day, seem to have a more interesting yeast quality to the bread.

By the way, can anyone guess what kind of bread has disappeared from supermarkets? (as observed by me, and kind of confirmed by google)

My wondering guess .... wonder bread. :laugh:

Dripit good
02-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Wonder bread?

Was taught to stuff several pieces in copper when the drip won't stop. It buys you enough time to make your solder. I've done it many times, works well and dissolves completely.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
One that disappeared that should soon be back. Is the BREAD LINE

Wet_Boots
02-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Not Wonder Bread, which is still around, isn't it? Not Amish Friendship Bread. Something more rare and wondrous, and difficult to make.

irritation
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Hemp bread.

http://moblog.net/media/n/o/r/norm/lambsbread.jpg

Dripit good
02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Bread had some great tunes.

Mike Leary
02-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Hemp bread.

Wonder what the THC content is? :dizzy:

Armadillolawncare
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Does anyone discuss irrigation here? Have I accidently logged on to the cooking channel website?

irritation
02-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Does anyone discuss irrigation here? Have I accidently logged on to the cooking channel website?

#1- No
#2- No, this is the off topic forum
#3- Lose the sig.

T&J Landscaping
02-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I haven't quit working. Still sell pigtails. I have no family in Dallas anymore. My Dad passed away, my Mom who I was caretaker for has moved in with a sister, my daughter is in Boston and heading to England. Dallas is a city for making money and requires a pace of life I no longer desire. Sooooo I'm moving to Fort Collins to be near my sister's family so I can be an awesome Uncle to my niece and nephew and will restart my irrigation business there but with a different angle.

Boston is the place to be,, moved out of there a yr ago to new hampshire, I;m still onkly 10mins into boston tho,

ARGOS
02-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Boston is the place to be,, moved out of there a yr ago to new hampshire, I;m still onkly 10mins into boston tho,

Huh???????

TRILAWNCARE
02-06-2009, 05:14 PM

Huh???????

Glad' I'm, not:: the onkly; one,, that" thought.. that.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-06-2009, 05:42 PM

Boston and I would have major culture clash. Love the city though. Not sure why I like left wing havens.

Mike Leary
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Boston and I would have major culture clash. Love the city though. Not sure why I like left wing havens.

I lived and worked in Boston when I engineered music stuff. I liked it a lot; for about a year. :dizzy:

hoskm01
02-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Its so repulsive, you just had to post?

bicmudpuppy
02-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Its so repulsive, you just had to post?

I think some of these guys lurk just to wait and post crap like that!

Dripit good
02-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I think some of these guys lurk just to wait and post crap like that!

If he doesn't like bread he should just say so, no need to get pissy about it.

Dripit good
02-07-2009, 12:09 PM
#1- No
#2- No, this is the off topic forum
#3- Lose the sig.

Glad' I'm, not:: the onkly; one,, that" thought.. that.

I love the brown room. :cool2: :laugh:

Sprinkus
02-07-2009, 06:29 PM
We used to call our lazy workers "Wonder Bread"........because they did the "8 hour loaf".

Dripit good
02-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Ours are called "Milk Men" or Milky. We have a few "Ilene's" too.

FIMCO-MEISTER
02-08-2009, 07:25 AM
I use Kick The Can. Because if they don't get their azz in gear that is what they are going to be doing all the way home. A good non verbal communication with our south of the border friends is to walk up behind a slow worker clicking a coke can. They know what that means and if it hits the ground they might as well start kicking it home.

AI Inc
02-08-2009, 07:31 AM

Boston is a fun place to go 3-4 times a yr. I make my money in Middlesex county , then at the end of the day and on weekends, I enjoy that money in paradise.

T&J Landscaping
02-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Boston is a fun place to go 3-4 times a yr. I make my money in Middlesex county , then at the end of the day and on weekends, I enjoy that money in paradise.

what part of southern nh u from derry here

AI Inc
02-24-2009, 07:57 AM
I live on the west side of Nashua , right on the Hollis Line. Work out of Westford Mass.

Waterit
02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Ours are called "Milk Men" or Milky. We have a few "Ilene's" too.

"Clock assassins"
"$hit on a stick" when leaning on the shovel
"he's a little slow at work"
"can I get you a chair?"