PDA

View Full Version : New England Grows

sevenbarefootlawns
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Has anyone gone or is anyone going to New England Grows in Boston? I'm going for the first time tomorrow and I don't know what to expect or who to try to see. Any advice?

amscapes03
02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Just got back from NE Grows. If it's your first time you'll love it. The Exposition opens at 8 am and is closes down at 2 pm. Lots and lots to look at. There's a few conference session as well. The big closer tomorrow is Roger Cook from "This Old House". He's leading a conference (from 2 - 3pm) called "Building Better Walls, Palks & Patios". Get there early for better parking. Enjoy!

humble1
02-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I went to the grows this year checked out the new turfco spreader pretty cool, Turfco Bob and I had a chat, he was very informative.

Years ago the show went Fri Sat Sun. Now it goes Wed 1/2 day, all day thur, then 1/2 day Fri. I am sure they get a cheaper rate during the week. But if you work a winter job its tough to take 3 days off. Plus it kind of sucks to drive in to Boston for a half day.

humble1
02-06-2009, 05:53 PM
I went to the grows this year checked out the new turfco spreader pretty cool, Turfco Bob and I had a chat, he was very informative.

Years ago the show went Fri Sat Sun. Now it goes Wed 1/2 day, all day thur, then 1/2 day Fri. I am sure they get a cheaper rate during the week. But if you work a winter job its tough to take 3 days off. Plus it kind of sucks to drive in to Boston for a half day.

jbturf
02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
special thanks 2 turfco Bob, he spent nearly 2 hours with me today at the grows show
dissassembling and explaining everything about their new t3000 machine. i have a much better impression of this machine now that ive seen hands on and had it all explained to me, but i still need a test drive(not available at the grows show).

tad grubbs was there with his C+S equipment, the powerpod and turf tracker looked like some nice quality equipment, but the time machine looked real cheap and pieced together imo

Z-spray was their with some equipment

jdl was their with a PG

Sadly, no pathfinder or blackpearl
good show though, i enjoyed it