PDA

View Full Version : Teas

1.2.3. green
02-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Anybody brew their own teas?

JDUtah
02-06-2009, 02:47 AM

I do.. well did.. well if you could call it... well... never mind.. :)

treegal1
02-06-2009, 09:36 AM
got some fresh brewed hitting the ground now!!!!!

the low temps here have really got the #s up some how, er or maybe its the farm post that i used this time...............

DUSTYCEDAR
02-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Packing snow ball to ship to tree with spring in box to launch it at her when she opens.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Yes i use tims brewer

treegal1
02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Packing snow ball to ship to tree with spring in box to launch it at her when she opens.good then i will have something to put liquor on

DUSTYCEDAR
02-06-2009, 11:12 AM
oh my...............

Mr. Nice
02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Some of us? Next question....?

Mr. Nice
02-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Don't eat the yellow snow.....

treegal1
02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
I do the clear or green thing,,,,,,,,,,,

tadhussey
02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Look back through some old threads and you'll see a ton of posts relating to brewing compost teas. If you have a specific question about brewing, feel free to post that and I think you'll get better responses. Good luck, and welcome to the site!

~Tad

Barefoot James
02-06-2009, 08:45 PM
I bet your tea loved the temps the other night??

Tad welcome back to the site - we can use your input - where you been - lurking???

treegal1
02-06-2009, 10:06 PM

Tad welcome back to the site - we can use your input - where you been - lurking???

it got put inside for the night,,,,,, and we had to pile raw manure on all the worm bins, run the sprinklers, burn the pumps up and set fire to every single thing that we could. and then you can say CROP LOSS. yeah I took a hit....

8 years since the last one like that you get lax....

bicmudpuppy
02-07-2009, 11:39 AM
it got put inside for the night,,,,,, and we had to pile raw manure on all the worm bins, run the sprinklers, burn the pumps up and set fire to every single thing that we could. and then you can say CROP LOSS. yeah I took a hit....

8 years since the last one like that you get lax....

So, with the economy as it is, I've been struggling through the sales to buy enough meat to feed that freshman on the D-line. You telling me than OJ, citrus, etc are going to be to expensive next?

treegal1
02-07-2009, 03:59 PM
and corn and sugar, and it affected some hog production as winter forage is now dead..............

tadhussey
02-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Barefoot,

I've been lurking around, just haven't felt the urge to post, as things seemed to have gotten a bit volatile. :)

DUSTYCEDAR
02-09-2009, 02:09 PM
volatile NOW WAY
its winter cookie muscles keyboard moxy.:)

Mr. Nice
02-09-2009, 02:38 PM
True that!

Mr. Nice
02-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Dusty,

How's the AACT making going with your brewer? Working out the bugs? Feel free to give me a shout if you need?

I heard but not positive Tim W just got his scopes he been waiting for? Anybody know if they are ready for sale yet?

Tim...?

tadhussey
02-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Dusty,

How's the AACT making going with your brewer? Working out the bugs? Feel free to give me a shout if you need?

I heard but not positive Tim W just got his scopes he been waiting for? Anybody know if they are ready for sale yet?

Tim...?

Not to speak for Tim, but I do know he got the scopes and was looking at May for having them ready for sale. I think we're going to carry them on our website in the US. We already have his 50 gal brewer for sale on our site.

~Tad

Mr. Nice
02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
I have a question for you tea makers out there....

I know good compost is a great source of biology for tea.

I wonder how many of you are using/adding a truly active soil/compost with plant of interest growing in it for brewing. I'm finding that when I start with a truly active biology source taken from the area around plant roots that my tea's are finishing very fast with LOT's of bacteria, protozoa's in under 24hrs.
my nematodes are still alive as well in these shorter brews. I have not run larger brews yet to see if I will get the same microbe#'s/short brew time results but the spring season will be here soon....

Any reason that a short brew time would not be as beneficial as a longer one?

Anybody?

Mr. Nice
02-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Not to speak for Tim, but I do know he got the scopes and was looking at May for having them ready for sale. I think we're going to carry them on our website in the US. We already have his 50 gal brewer for sale on our site.

~Tad

Cool! keeps us updated soon as they are available.

JDUtah
02-09-2009, 03:26 PM

I wonder how many of you are using/adding a truly active soil/compost with plant of interest growing in it for brewing. I'm finding that when I start with a truly active biology source taken from the area around plant roots that my tea's are finishing very fast with LOT's of bacteria, protozoa's in under 24hrs.
my nematodes are still alive as well in these shorter brews. I have not run larger brews yet to see if I will get the same microbe#'s/short brew time results but the spring season will be here soon....

Anybody?

Using soil (with rhizosphere) to inoculate a "CT"... Uh oh, can you call it that still? :laugh: is a much better/more effective practice than compost inoculated CT IMHO... well at least when trying to populate soil with soil organisms...

http://www.woodsend.org/interview.html?part=12
(I know, I need a better source)

treegal1
02-09-2009, 03:29 PM

Anybody?ok someone just ask me the same thing on the phone, the way I brew is fast and lots of great worm casts,compost, some sod that has a great myco base, and some water plants that i have found have a load of what looks like in my untrained eyes to be soil borne "herd" lots of nematodes and they look like the commercial ones i bought and farmed out sooooo....

the next and only other concern with most teas is the #s that you get, if you can get large #s with warm water and lots of compost then why try and grow them out why not just use the brewed extract and get it down in a short time and not tie up a brewer for 72 hours??? go for a 24 hour brew that has large #s and use more of it per----, then have another batch for the next day.......

oh and long brew only lends well to selection......

DUSTYCEDAR
02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Tree what did you do?

Mr. Nice
02-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Diversity is what they say correct? the diversity of decomposers/degraders and nutrient's in compost's I would think would be beneficial in the end as well?

A mixture of many local sources most likely be best? let the environment make the final decision who stays...

Mr. Nice
02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Attention!!!!!!.........clean up in isle 9!

treegal1
02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
thats funny is it soap?? on the not so funny side I have had tea foam over and make a mess, less food at the start and more before it hits the lawn!!!! we even messed wit a lid and catch basin but a kiddie pool works so well, just have to put the blower and pump up so they dont drown...

JDUtah
02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Makes sense to me...

Then of course you could just add food.. and let the ones already there populate...

OM... mmmmmm

DUSTYCEDAR
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I thought that is how them make foam at the clubs

treegal1
02-09-2009, 03:46 PM
note to self dont turn the air on while cleaning the brewer, duh.....

DUSTYCEDAR
02-09-2009, 03:46 PM
But what fun

Mr. Nice
02-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Makes sense to me...

Then of course you could just add food.. and let the ones already there populate...

OM... mmmmmm

Thats one way to do it as well.

Right tool for the job.....ever see how fast plants green up from good tea's apps?

Tim Wilson
02-09-2009, 04:50 PM
These threads sometimes sneak by me. Here is my input;

1/ The sample scopes arrived and are better than anticipated but I'm recommending a couple of points to quality control when I order bulk. I now need to undertake the manufacture of refraction/diffraction devices to improve the image quality to a point which I will be satisfied with, then I will be ordering in bulk to have some for resale. I'm now getting the new instructional DVD ready to go out with the upgraded brewers and getting ready to attend the NW Garden show in Seattle with Tad so the work on the scopes will not commence until March 4th/5th. Therefore the earliest I will have them for sale will be May as Tad has stated. I will keep you posted and will take pre-orders on the higher grade scopes once I've built the devices and can post photos on my site. (higher grade will run $500 to $900 depending on goodies; lower grade around $200+)

2/ Soil in brews. I recommend this in my brewing manual. Get some soil where you see plants like the ones you wish to grow thriving without fertilizer or other manmade junk. Put a handful in your brew.

3/ The advantage to a longer brew is an established nutrient cycling microbial consortia BUT if you see plenty of all organisms after a shorter brew, go for it.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Sold ill take one

treegal1
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
wow TIM your the man( in a good way) i want a new scope and at under 900 $ or there abouts thats well worth it.

and I was just kidding about the autograph, the scope will be your mark.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-09-2009, 05:27 PM
put mine on trees tab

treegal1
02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
put mine on trees tab
I can cash that check for ya, or get you a secured credit line.... now I sound like the new pres.....

treegal1
02-09-2009, 05:49 PM
:laugh:we have got to stop doing this to some poor dudes threads. how did this one start? oh yes, any one brew tea??another famous hijack and we did not even mean to do it:laugh:

bicmudpuppy
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
:laugh:we have got to stop doing this to some poor dudes threads. how did this one start? oh yes, any one brew tea??another famous hijack and we did not even mean to do it:laugh:

And I told Kiril when he told me I needed to stop by and I first dropped in..........How IMPRESSED I was with you guys ability to stay on topic ROFL!!

You think its bad here, lurk in the irrigation forum. We take bets and count how many replies until a thread gets completely jacked. We did have a thread start and the question get answered w/o a jacking a few weeks ago!

treegal1
02-09-2009, 08:55 PM
eh oh well, so it sounds like your on the path to brewing tea.....one down millions more to reach out to.......:laugh::laugh: and many more jacked threads........

DUSTYCEDAR
02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
WE TRY TO HELP
OR IS IT WE NEED HELP TRYING:hammerhead:

Barefoot James
02-09-2009, 09:13 PM
We help - even when you don't want our help - LOL

DUSTYCEDAR
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM
You have that right

Barefoot James
02-09-2009, 09:37 PM
We will even help you help people - in fact we will insist on helping you help others - we are crazy to help those who need help or even if they don't - in fact if you know someone who has been helped before we will help them again and once we have helped them will will ask them if they know of several more people we can go help. CRAZY man... I'm done.
PS do you know of someone who needs some help?:hammerhead:
Helping does pay - sort of pay in advance - you get what your sow.

Today I helped my neighbor - older married couple. Tree limb down from ice storm. I told him I could cut it up for him and stack it for junk pick up. got done after about 3 man hours - (pretty good size limb) and he asked me how much?? I said $120 (cause he IS my nighbor and did let me run an electric line on the lst power outage when he had power and we didn't.

Anyway he said that's not enough. I reminded him of his helping me out but he went in and gave us $300 CASH. I tried 3 times to give back at least $100 of it but he wouldnt take it. WOW! I was humbled.

Helping others is good!

treegal1
02-09-2009, 09:56 PM
good on you James, hey and if the cash don't hit you at least the karma will!!!

Kiril
02-10-2009, 01:30 AM
You think its bad here, lurk in the irrigation forum. We take bets and count how many replies until a thread gets completely jacked.

On average ... 2-4 replies at best before it gets jacked. :cry:

We did have a thread start and the question get answered w/o a jacking a few weeks ago!

Have to admit ... that was a site to see. The boys were slacking. :laugh:

DUSTYCEDAR
02-10-2009, 10:27 AM

WHY YES I DO BREW MY OWN TEA
I USE TIMS MICROBULATOR
55 GAL AT A TIME

now we r back on track :clapping:

treegal1
02-10-2009, 10:39 AM
WHY YES I DO BREW MY OWN TEA,

trying to get a sporty new tank on the go.....

Tim Wilson
02-10-2009, 10:39 AM
WHY YES I DO BREW MY OWN TEA
I USE TIMS MICROBULATOR
55 GAL AT A TIME

Actually 50 gallons at a time in a 55 gallon barrel.
Dusty: email me your contact info so I can mail you the new parts. I PM'd you but no word yet.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-10-2009, 10:43 AM
tim i replied last night at the e mail u sent
check PJ

Barefoot James
02-10-2009, 02:54 PM
WHY YES I DO BREW MY OWN TEA. I USE TIM'S MICROBULATOR TOO!

PS Tim I think Dusty has an extender on his - LOL

treegal1
02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
James , Dusty, good science there in the taller water column, stands to reason that the longer/taller the air stays under water then the more air, DO2 that you will have........ then there's the weight of the water........another thread maybe........