PDA

View Full Version : So cal

XStream Aquatics
02-06-2009, 09:41 PM
how many installers do we have from so cal. here? We might be traveling there in july 2009 for "Ponditat for Humanity" If not there maybe Lincoln Nebraska. Here's a web site of the last three years http://www.ponditatforhumanity.com/ we've attended. It is an awesome experience and a way to meet alot of other installers.

Venturewest
02-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey Larry, How is it going? I was just wondering if the ponditat you may be doing in So cal was set up by a pond contractor out there named Mike Garcia? He was a speaker and led a pond build at a 2 day pond seminar I attended last week. He was talking about a pond out there he was trying get to be the ponditat project this year.

Anyways I thought you might know him, he is really involved in the pond associations and events.

XStream Aquatics
02-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah Mike is an active member with the IPPCA and and is very active in the pond world. Another is Eric Tripplett "the Pond Digger" from Cal. they both travel around the world from what I've read and seen. I hope to be at their standard eventually. Where was this pond build you attended?

Venturewest
02-07-2009, 09:35 AM
The build I attended was in Oklahoma with the Pondliner company. They are about the 3rd largest wholesaler of pond equipment now. They put on a 2 day build and seminar and mini trade show every year in Jan. There were reps from lots of companys with booths set up. It is a pretty neat deal. It is free, and they really treat you right. There were 100 contractors, retailers, etc. from around the country.

Last year Bob Dews did the pond build. It is in the middle of nowhere but they are able to draw some neat things. The NAPP annual event is scheduled to be there.

n2h20
02-12-2009, 03:03 AM
im in so cal and interested in attending, i saw a few videos of the pond digger on you tube.. not bad.
Mike Garcia sounds familiar for some reason,,,

this reminds me, i have to pay mt dues for the IPPCA

scooterbug311
02-12-2009, 11:51 AM
n2h20 it has been a long time since we have talked how have you been

n2h20
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
been goin crazy with no work.. stress.. luckily i have gotten a few good jobs in the last weeks,, i hope this all changes soon,,, changes for everyone.,'
i sent you a pm.. did you get it?

waterscaper
02-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Ya I know both Mike and Eric both are great guys and both can teach us a lot , hey do you have more info on that build.

XStream Aquatics
02-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Bill, try going to this link. http://www.ippca.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2868