PDA

View Full Version : software for lawn treatment

GREEN AS A GOURD
02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I am just getting started in the chemical app side,and looking for software suggestions.I have seen alot of talk about gopher,groundskeeper pro just to mention a few.Does anybody have a suggestion or preference????

1.2.3. green
02-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Gopher 99.00 cant beat it , easy to use, need to know more just ask

humble1
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM
I am just getting started in the chemical app side,and looking for software suggestions.I have seen alot of talk about gopher,groundskeeper pro just to mention a few.Does anybody have a suggestion or preference????

I like groundskeeper, you can demo it on the link above left corner.

mngrassguy
02-07-2009, 03:03 AM
I've been using CLIP now for 15 years and love it. I understand it is very expensive now so I'm not sure if it would be worth the price.

GREEN AS A GOURD
02-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Gopher 99.00 cant beat it , easy to use, need to know more just ask
does gopher keep up with customers yard size,chemical applied,along with other info for record keeping?

1.2.3. green
02-07-2009, 11:58 AM
does gopher keep up with customers yard size,chemical applied,along with other info for record keeping?

Yes, IT AUTOMATICLY FIGURES UP the cost of the application by the sq. ftg. of the lawn. Like for example.. 6000 ft lawn @ 12.00 per K = $72.00 AND it will calculate tax or no tax etc.GET THE DEMO YOULL LIKE IT

Lawn Sens
02-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Qxpress works well. That is what we used for first few years. Went to Real Greens lawn and pest assitant a couple years ago, great for marketing.

americanlawn
02-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Been checking out several software programs for lawn/tree spraying. Some new ones are fairly inexpensive (many are based off Quickbooks). But here's my question:

Programs say to enter the size of the lawn, and they will tell you what to charge. I got a prob with that....how 'bout difficulty factors (there are many reasons we charge less or more depending). Like hills/slopes, driving distance, if the customer is always home and takes up valuable time, property needs more expensive products, etc, etc. :confused:

How about maps, etc of properties? We have many accounts where we have a map to show us the property lines, where not to treat, where to treat or not treat for grubworms, etc, how to gain access to properties by going through neighboring properties, multple "pull points" that show us the most efficient areas to park our spray rigs, etc.

Some programs cost over $10,000 while others say they can do the job for under $1000, and they still offer routine updates & online help (like QXpress). So why the difference? Are these "software newcomers" the real deal? rscvp, thanks

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Larry,
Qxpress allows you to put in technitions instuctions for each job that pull up with everywork for that customer. It also allows you to save files associated with each customer. I suppose you could save maps, as well. I've only used to save "before" pictures, as well as problem areas to comapare for other seasons.

STRINGALATION
02-10-2009, 11:31 AM
GROUNDS KEEPER here love it. but what program cost 10K

Hoots
02-10-2009, 03:24 PM
With all of these software options, do you still have to run quickbooks too? Do these programs show P&L etc.?

To me if you still have to run quickbooks it wouldn't be worth it.

STRINGALATION
02-11-2009, 12:05 AM
one thing i learned in cooking was ACES IN PLACES i like my visual landscape program but not the estimator part. i basicly run three plus because i have a cheaper scaping program that has a GREAT ENCYCLOPEDIA IN IT THAT MAKES ME SAW SCREW HORTICOPIA PRICE WISE SO ACES IN PLACES

Tommy Boy
02-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Gopher works for us, great and low cost

americanlawn
02-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys -- I ordered Quickbooks 2009 recently. Then I figure on trying what you guys all have recommended. BTW "Tommy Boy" was one of my all time favorite movies! Thanks much, americanlawn

americanlawn
02-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Real Green costs close to 10K...at least for us.
:confused:
GROUNDS KEEPER here love it. but what program cost 10K

turf hokie
02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Real Green costs close to 10K...at least for us.
:confused:

That is close to what we got quoted as well, I just cant see it being worth that kind of coin.

We are giving Q-express a run. Barcoding the customers house, when the tech gets there he scans the barcode, when he is done he logs out.

humble1
02-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Larry,
Qxpress allows you to put in technitions instuctions for each job that pull up with everywork for that customer. It also allows you to save files associated with each customer. I suppose you could save maps, as well. I've only used to save "before" pictures, as well as problem areas to comapare for other seasons.

Who makes it?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Who makes it?

Alocet http://www.qxpress.com/index.cfm/id/499/schedulingsoftwareforquickbooks.html

I saw realgreen software up close & personal last week & I'm starting to wish I would have purchased it years ago:hammerhead:

Rlclawnguy
02-16-2009, 11:46 AM
We've been with Real Green for about 4 years. Don't know what we have spent over the years but we are on the full multi user version. Of course everything isn't perfect but no computer program will. We do however like it and have found it to be a great investment. They are currently doing a big upgrade which should make it even better.

As for you questions American Lawn....the difficaulty level is taken into account with the pricing. You set up a pricing chart based off of a measurement and then there is a box to put a degree of difficaulty and that will automatically adjust the pricing on your price chart. This is all after you create your price charts during the setup process. They also have a way to link diagrams of the property which you can have printed out when you print out the invoices for the day. It also have room for notes to the technician right on the technician portion of the invoice. It definately makes things more clear for our guys. We are actually about to test out there hand held unit with has GPS directions and tracking built in.

It is pricey, but if used to its potential, it will pay for itself. Its up to you on how fast.

Ric
02-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Attention Quickbooks users.

By right clicking on a reoccurring invoice you can set it up scheduling feature or automatic printing each billing period. If it is a reoccurring set price then enter the price before right clinking. If it is a different price each billing then right click before entering the price. Once you right clink a box pops up asking how often you want that invoice automatically billed and printed.

Now if you are key punching every customer each billing period this feature should save you a ton of time. I use this feature also as a scheduling reminder on quarterly customers. When they are due a invoice for that service is automatically produced. My 2003 Quickbooks program only offers 2 week, one month, 2 months and quarterly automatic printing. I could use a 6 week feature but get around the lack of a 6 week feature by using two Quarterly automatic billing 6 weeks apart.

BTW I have tried other bookkeeping systems including Groundskeeper Pro which I really don't like at all. I had many issues with it including support which I feel is very poor. I aways come back to the true Business accounting Quickbooks software. Quickbooks is used by all CPA bookkeeping firms because it is Standard accounting procedures as taught in all Colleges and Universities. Because Quickbooks is the best account software it has the widest use or is the most popular software for all business. PS. No need to upgrade each year unless you ride the short bus and need continuing tech support. There are too many people who know Quickbooks and can help you.

americanlawn
02-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Sounds like Quickbooks is a true value. Also leaning toward Gopher or QXpress ?? Don't wanna spend 10K if other programs do the job.

spray master
02-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Custom online solutions is the best deal I have found. They are in the business so they know what you need. www.customlinesolutions.com

Peerless Lawn Care
08-24-2010, 02:40 AM
I see this hasn't been a topic recently, but is gopher still highly recommended? I need something that can track lawn care, chemical application as well as pre-print invoices so I can write in wind speed, time etc.

ant
08-24-2010, 06:47 AM
on my signature there is a link billmasternow