PDA

View Full Version : Flyers

Cosmic Hippo
02-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Perhaps a dumb question, but where do you guys leave your flyers? I mean, door hangers go on doors, post cards go in the mail, what about the flyers? Do you just tape them up everywhere?

Carolina Cuts
02-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Post cards ONLY go in the mail if they have a stamp... otherwise, in the a news paper box, if there is one. Flyers.... same thing, newspaper boxes. Some may roll em' up and slide in a front door handle.... some maybe flood the local walmart parking lot with flyers.... wouldnt recommend though. I would NOT tape them anywhere... I've hung flyers up @ grocery stores... sometimes by the exit doors there is a bulletin board or advertisement wall.

Blackgnturbo
02-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I Put Flyers OUTSIDE the mailbox stuckon the inside of the red flag so its seen. Just dont do it before its going to rain.

RGM
02-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Flyer's can't be put within 5 feet of a mail box by postal laws and if there is a paper box you can't put it there either. You have to know the community your going in also some do not allow solicitors and will usually have a sign in the front. I roll mine up and put them on the screen door someplace. Be care full putting them out in parking lots without permission somebody owns it

Runner
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I Put Flyers OUTSIDE the mailbox stuckon the inside of the red flag so its seen. Just dont do it before its going to rain.

Flyer's can't be put within 5 feet of a mail box by postal laws and if there is a paper box you can't put it there either.

I IS true, that no materials can be placed anywhere in or on the mailbox, including the post. I have never heard anything about any "5 ft. radius" thing, though. The actual law has been posted here a few times - verbatim, but I don't recall that. But bottom line, yes..DoNOT stick flyers on mailboxes - posts. or whatever.