PDA

View Full Version : how long inbetween

fonjo
02-07-2009, 03:07 AM
what is the general wait time to fertilze after seeding? and will adding anything , help the seed germante quicker? i live on west coast , and have a possible client that has about an acre and a half in the backyard and he wants it to look like a fairway. any suggestions? thanks james

rcreech
02-07-2009, 08:43 AM
what is the general wait time to fertilze after seeding? and will adding anything , help the seed germante quicker? i live on west coast , and have a possible client that has about an acre and a half in the backyard and he wants it to look like a fairway. any suggestions? thanks james

The only thing that helps seed germinate quicker is good seed to soil contact and good temps and moisture! :)

I would recommend putting a started fertilizer down with the seed and then coming back in 4 weeks later with another starter fertilzer app.

I use 18-24-12 50%SCU.

Have you pulled any soil samples of this site yet? You may want to as making adjustments to your soil is easiest to do with no turf!

I don't know anything about your soils out there!

grassman177
02-07-2009, 07:05 PM
The only thing that helps seed germinate quicker is good seed to soil contact and good temps and moisture! :)

I would recommend putting a started fertilizer down with the seed and then coming back in 4 weeks later with another starter fertilzer app.

I use 18-24-12 50%SCU.

Have you pulled any soil samples of this site yet? You may want to as making adjustments to your soil is easiest to do with no turf!

I don't know anything about your soils out there!

exactly waht he said. perfectly put