PDA

View Full Version : ICT users

Keegan
02-07-2009, 12:52 PM
What are you charging per 1000sq'? I know it would be cheaper than ACT.

Thanks!!

Mr. Nice
02-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Are you using this "only" at time of app?

Are you telling or billing your costumer this is a COMPOST TEA app?

Not nit picking just wondering?

Keegan
02-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I'll just spray the tea at a time nothing else. Yes, I would tell the customer it is compost tea but not aact. not that they would no the difference

Mr. Nice
02-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Ok, good luck.

I have no idea what one would charge for that service sorry..
maybe time+ material kind of thing?

DUSTYCEDAR
02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
I think bill said it was like 60 cents per 1000 so add your markup and go

phasthound
02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
I think bill said it was like 60 cents per 1000 so add your markup and go

1-2-3 Instant Compost Tea
Cost $0.67 per 1000 square feet treated at list price
I tell my clients it's a biologically active soil amendment.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
thanks barry {i was giveing it away again}

phasthound
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
thanks barry {i was giveing it away again}

Those pennies will catch up to you. payup

Tim Wilson
02-07-2009, 03:20 PM

Barry,

This is a good name, rather than telling customers it is compost tea which actually should contain a much wider spectrum of bacteria/archaea as well as protozoa and possibly fungi.

ICT Bill
02-07-2009, 03:57 PM

It is actually registered as a fertilizer in most states so you can claim that it is an organic fertilizer treatment, some states make us file as a fertilizer for the #3 accelerator because we claim 2-0-2 NPK and as a soil amendment for #2 compost tea because of our non plant food statement (biology)
So, WI for instance we have to pay for 2 licenses, fertilizer and soil amendment

Pricing is what the market can bear, urban environments typically charge less than suburban, the closer you get to the center of a city, the prices are typically higher.

Most folks I speak with have a minimum site visit charge, say $35.00. This will cover the trip there and the application for a certain amount of square footage. This varies too, some regions have much larger yards than other regions. They then charge an additional $7 to $10 per additional 1000 sq ft treated. If their minimum is 4000 sq ft and the site is 5000 sq ft, they are charged the minimum charge plus $7 or $10

Keegan
02-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks guys for the great info!!

I have one more question on this product. How often should you apply it? I know the label says monthly and I've read with AACT anywhere from every two weeks to only twice a year.
So, realistically with the economy, what can I offer a customer and still get good results?

phasthound
02-08-2009, 04:24 PM

I have one more question on this product. How often should you apply it? I know the label says monthly and I've read with AACT anywhere from every two weeks to only twice a year.
So, realistically with the economy, what can I offer a customer and still get good results?

A minimum of 3 times throughout the growing season will have benefits.

Barefoot James
02-08-2009, 09:21 PM
March, April, May, June, Sept, Oct & Nov - 7 apps. July and August maybe too hot. Your in CT? they have lots of money - look for high end hoods that can afford it.

roccon31
02-08-2009, 10:23 PM
up here you could probably skip the march app, depending on ground temps. sometimes its is still pretty cold until mid march.

most likely skip july and august, and push sept back to mid month. come to think of it, sept may be a good one for a sugar app.

phasthound- you agree?

ICT Bill
02-08-2009, 10:35 PM

it is strictly site dependent, transition sites you may have to be there more, high SOM maybe 3 or 4 visits. Rocky tough soils, lots more OM and tea

Our tea product will hopefully be applied 4 times a year for 2 years. That is what we have set up to get good to great inoculation of the mycorrhiza, the free ranging nitrogen fixers will be in good to great numbers as well with that application rate, there are many others in there that wee be just fine at that app rate

phasthound
02-09-2009, 01:06 AM
up here you could probably skip the march app, depending on ground temps. sometimes its is still pretty cold until mid march.

most likely skip july and august, and push sept back to mid month. come to think of it, sept may be a good one for a sugar app.

phasthound- you agree?

Anytime the ground isn't frozen or saturated is a good time.

roccon31
02-09-2009, 07:21 PM
even if you apply in the first week in august?? you know, that one week every year when it hits 100 degrees for 3 days straight? wont the good guys just die off in the heat?

phasthound
02-09-2009, 07:31 PM
even if you apply in the first week in august?? you know, that one week every year when it hits 100 degrees for 3 days straight? wont the good guys just die off in the heat?

The concern used to be about UV rays killing the microbes. However, Dr. I recently discovered that as long as the droplet size was large enough, this is not an issue.

That's one of the reason's I like to apply tea or ICT without a spray gun (just the ball valve). This will provide a larger droplet and more water for the microbes.

Barefoot James
02-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I try to schedule apps when it is raining - good for the microbes and good for profit's because nothing you can do in the rain can make you money but spraying tea.:laugh:

treegal1
02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I try to schedule apps when it is raining - good for the microbes and good for profit's because nothing you can do in the rain can make you money but spraying tea.:laugh:
security's fraud???:laugh::laugh::laugh:oh you said in the rain so thats a no go.....

Barefoot James
02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Huh?? inside joke? I missed it - Sayyyy itttt slowwwlyyyy.

No go tea in the rain is great - water is a great carrier for microbes - not a monsoon. Just a light rain - constant mist is the best.

mrkosar
02-09-2009, 09:00 PM

phasthound- you agree?

i saw the post about possible uv rays and heat killing off some of the microbes...is there any other reason why not to spray compost tea during the hot summer months? i thought that when it is really hot like that it is actually a time when soil life is thriving because the soil is warm. also, the benefits of stress relief, disease prevention, etc...wouldn't this be a good time for applying it?

one other question i had is for those that are talking about putting 4-6 CT apps down. do you also put organic ferts or anything else down? is there enough food in the soils for these new batches of microbes to feed on or do you also need to put down some soybean, alfalfa, etc..meals to feed them?.

treegal1
02-09-2009, 09:05 PM
tea without food is no good that's why bills has the food in the mix, but even then you need some tasty organic snacks for the little guys unless your soil is all OM and then its just tea.... that and mulch the clippings.....

Barefoot James
02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Well you have clippings thats a given, protein meals (name your favorite crop - we use soy and alfalfa), humates, and compost. Our herds should have plenty to eat and the humates supply their condo.

ICT Bill
02-11-2009, 08:55 PM
We have some sexy new tiny beasts ( I said beasts, I like small beasts) in our mix for this season from the Pseudomonadaceae family, these are free ranging nitrogen fixers and can supply up to 30% of the nitrogen needs for turf, pretty cool

what I really appreciate is that they produce large quantities of capsular slime. Very sexy, think warm and pulsing aggregation and porosity

woooo stand back !!!! it is TOOOOO hot

treegal1
02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
do they form cysts?? or are these azomons