PDA

View Full Version : Problem with LED lights on new flatbed truck

chevytrucks84
02-07-2009, 07:11 PM
I put a new flatbed on my 03 chevy dually. The flatbed came with all LED lights. The Problem is with my turn signals the flash really fast like a bulb is burnt out. My thoughts are that the LED's do not provide enough resitance like a standard incandescant bulb would and it is telling the truck that a light is burnt out. My question is if someone has had a similar situation and if so what you did to correct it. I was thinking I need to either add a resister on both turn signal wires or a buddy said I might be able to get a flasher inside the truck that is made for LED lights.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Patrick

cantoo
02-07-2009, 07:40 PM
You need the flasher made for LEDS. My wife just put one in our flatbed, she got tired of the blinkers on crack. Auto parts store will have one.

Jason Rose
02-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Ditto, replace the flasher. I think most new ones on the shelf are LED compatiable. Some trucks get along with LED's with the stock flasher, some don't.

Gravel Rat
02-07-2009, 10:31 PM
You need the flasher for LEDs I had to put one in my 03 F-450 for my new lights. What a pain to get at the flasher in a Ford not simple like it used to be. Not sure about a Chebby.

You also want the strongest flasher one designed for trailers or lots of lights.

02DURAMAX
02-08-2009, 01:47 AM
You need the flasher for LEDs I had to put one in my 03 F-450 for my new lights. What a pain to get at the flasher in a Ford not simple like it used to be. Not sure about a Chebby.

You also want the strongest flasher one designed for trailers or lots of lights.

Its very easy just under the dash.

Gravel Rat
02-08-2009, 02:17 AM
The flasher in the Superduty body Fords is under the dash in the area where the ash tray is. Let me tell you your doing everything by feel because you can't get your fat head under to see what you are doing.

When I changed mine I asked where it was and followed the directions on what to feel for etc.

Wesley's Lawn
02-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Yea, its real easy, when your body looks like a pretzel in a reg cab with a bench seat trying to do one. :dizzy:

topsites
02-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Yea, its real easy, when your body looks like a pretzel in a reg cab with a bench seat trying to do one. :dizzy:

:laugh:

It might work better if you open the door and work from the outside,
but I know exactly what you're talking about.