PDA

View Full Version : Trailer sides

Five points, On. Can
02-07-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm going to do redo the sides on my trailer, they are wood now. I'm going to be using expanded steel mesh.angle iron. (made from garden centre benches that I traded some work for).
I'm wondering how high to make the sides. My trailer has about 12" sides now and wondered if the new sides could/should be higher. I want load grass at the front, and side dump the clippings with a load handler, as I have a walker. Iwas thinking 18"-24".

I wonder if anybody has sides this high and like it or hate it. Or have any suggestions. Thanks

Jason Rose
02-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I like the 12" sides, mainly because it's easy to get onto the trailer from anywhere. The higher the sides, the harder to get into the trailer. I think 2 foot high sides are ok though. Less chance of loosing stuff over the sides. Easier to secure things like fertilizer spreaders. You may want to build up the front part of the trailer, where you plan to put clippings, to 4 feet high. Also consider making the enclosure for the grass something solid that air won't flow through. If the grass is allowed to blow it will end up packed in all your equipment after you drive down the road.