PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Gallery

ArTurf
02-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Has anyone used Gallery for pre-emergent? It is rated as exellent for many broadleafs. U of Ark suggests mixing it with a pre that is grass weed oriented.

grassman177
02-08-2009, 11:09 AM
we use it as it is part of snapshot for landscape use. i think it does a really good job. i have never thought of mixing with regular spring apps . food for thought

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Has anyone used Gallery for pre-emergent? It is rated as exellent for many broadleafs. U of Ark suggests mixing it with a pre that is grass weed oriented.

Are you talking about for use on turf? Gallery is pretty expensive for a regular turf program, although it is off patent now & will have generic forms avail... I use Gallery+Surflan for pre-mergant in landscape beds. Works great!

greendoctor
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I use it in turf. This is saved for problem lawns with known infestations of oxalis or prostrate spurge. Otherwise, I do not routinely blanket spray with any kind of preemergent. Weeds are kept out by paying attention to fertilization, irrigation and proper mowing. This is also used in ornamental beds. I consider emerged broadleaves in beds a more critical situation than in the lawn. You cannot go near shrubs and ground covers with Three-Way or most other broadleaf herbicides. I also avoid glyphosate near shrubs as well. Small amounts of drift can be damaging.

PSUTURFGEEK
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Another great use for Gallery, most of the guys and gals on this site have those as we like to call them premium customers, go out mid to late november with gallery tank mixed, do a blanket app. and I guarantee you will not be doing a spring broadleaf app on that property, the customer will think your'e amazing. Or you can do it the old fashioned way and go out ester in the fall.

greendoctor
02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Gallery buys me time to thicken up a lawn. Then I can stop applying herbicides of any kind to it. I know, different climate, grass never goes dormant here, neither does the weeds. But the other LCOs and "landscapers" here are spraying weeds 12/365 with no end in sight. They do not use Gallery or any of the other residual herbicides either. It is all MSMA and/or Trimec. The lawns show it too, in the form of holes burnt into the grass. Warm season grasses tolerate Gallery much better than Pre-M or Barricade as well.

Or you can do it the old fashioned way and go out ester in the fall.

I know the surrounding shrubs and trees will thank you for not doing that. I also find the less broadleaf herbicide I use on the grass, the more healthy it is. My usual practice on a lawn with known broadleaf issues is month 1 Gallery, month 3 simazine, month 6 Gallery, month 9 simazine, month 12 Gallery. After that cycle, the seed bank that was making the lawn difficult is reduced and the grass has thickened up substantially to exclude weeds.

zimmatic
02-10-2009, 09:52 AM
the dow salesman says it will work great. They say it will give 8 months of control so apply as late in year as possible. I have a commercial property that is full of weeds (just took it on) They only want 1 broadleaf app per year I think I am going to apply gallery in a side by side test. Then show the manager if I have good luck. Yes I will get approval first. If it works as great as they say I will try to promote it.

So I am going to try it in 09

RAlmaroad
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Gallery works best with a boom sprayer. I've used it for the last two years and lawns are all but free of weeds. Gallery does the least damage on the grass roots. What is your target turf?

ArTurf
02-10-2009, 03:21 PM
I am working with St. Aug, bermuda, centipede & Zoysia. Do you combine it with a different pre that works better on grass weeds as Gallery in not rated that well on crabgrass control. What are you paying? What are the application rates?

Jason Rose
03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Bumping this back to the top. After someone else mentioned Gallery for use in lawns for broadleaf preemergent I did a search. This thread has some answers, but ArTurf has the same questions I do.

Can it possibly be applied through a permagreen (liquid)?

I guess I'll have to talk to a supplier on monday and see if they sell it.

PR Fect
05-02-2010, 10:46 AM
So did we get an answer to if Gallery can be sprayed threw a low or ultra low volume sprayer? PR

rwsawal04
05-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Arturf what preemerge you use with that gallery for crabgrass because it's just gonna take care of the broadleaf?

FERT-TEK
05-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Another great use for Gallery, most of the guys and gals on this site have those as we like to call them premium customers, go out mid to late november with gallery tank mixed, do a blanket app. and I guarantee you will not be doing a spring broadleaf app on that property, the customer will think your'e amazing. Or you can do it the old fashioned way and go out ester in the fall.

Have you found that this application of Gallery in the late fall helped with the spring dandelions? In your opinion did it reduce, eliminate or have not affect?

ArTurf
05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Arturf what preemerge you use with that gallery for crabgrass because it's just gonna take care of the broadleaf?

I did not use gallery, it was just a thought at the time. I have used pendi as my pre, but I am getting away from pre's in general. That is another story.

Volman
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Would really like to use gallery as part of my pre program, but the price doesn't fit into my program. $150- $175 acre. If anyone knows of the generics yet, let us know