PDA

View Full Version : Fertilizing bermuda

J McCarter
02-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey guys,this is my first post on the website and i would to thank everyone for their input on the site i have gotten alot of good information from it before. i recently added 2 huge soccer fields from the AYSO division here in town and I inherited the fields in pretty poor condition. The organization is very willing to work with me to get the fields looking good and in September we aerated and fertilized both. The fields are mainly bermuda grass and i would like to know what fertilizers You have used to help bermuda spread and thicken up. This usually is no problem with bermuda i know but seems like I always find the wierd jobs haha. I also sewed some winter rye and wouldnt want to so anything to hurt its chances from coming back next year. Any suggestions are appreciated.

DGM
02-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Get a soil sample for each feild, and apply what is needed, then hit it with 16-4-8 every 6-8 weeks and cut it 2 times a week.

quiet
02-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes, get a soil sample. Also consider at least a 1-0-1 ratio fert with plenty of slow relase N and SOP for your early applications. High K levels are very beneficial for bermuda with traffic, and will help keep vigor during summers heat.

EagleLandscape
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
28-3-10..........

hmartin
02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Mississippi State gives a very general recommendation for athletic fields of 400lbs per acre of 13-13-13 after the bermuda greens up and 150 lbs per arce of ammonium nitrate each month thereafter.

Isn't there about a zero chance that the rye will come back next year? Around here, most people kill out the rye in the spring so that the bermuda can thicken up without competition.