PDA

View Full Version : reese hitch carriers

mole cricket
02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I bought a new z spray and I am looking to find a reese hitch carrier for my flat bed. Does any one know who can make them for my junior z sprayer. Or should I build ramps?

jbturf
02-09-2009, 01:57 PM
check out the rack made by C+S turf - its designed for
their time machine which is almost identical in size to a
zspray junior
I'd consider modifying what ever you use to the double
reciever tube setup as some members here have explained
or if a flat bed you could bolt it directly onto the
truck maybe
g/l

RigglePLC
02-09-2009, 03:19 PM
I use a double receiver tube set up for my Permagreen. Built for me by local blacksmith, welding, trailerhitch company. Sturdy. But unbolts for easy disassembly and removal. But fertilizer is hard on steel--rust is a problem. If they can make most of it out of aluminum or galvanized--that would help. Taillights and turn signals are nice. Rock solid hold down and tie downs so it never fallls out are a good idea.

RABBITMAN11
02-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Fertilizer eats up aluminum

americanlawn
02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
PG's & T3000's run safely on carrier racks. Check out B & B -- they will show you. Otherwise -- one has to purchase, license, and insure "something more"....like a pull-behind trailer or a large (guzzler) truck. Food for thought. BTW "trailers take up space" whether during winter, or when you can accutally use them.

mole cricket
02-09-2009, 07:37 PM
thanks for the info. I contacted a local guy he is going to try and build me one. we shall see how it goes.:drinkup:

br549oicu8
02-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Using a trailer is no big deal. Having a heavier duty truck may use more gas but it sure beats overloading a "toy" or having to go back to load up often.
We load up 2000 pounds of fertilizer, a 200 gallon tank and 2 Z-Sprays on a trailer and make a day of it. The bottom $$ is you can make more money utilizing heavier duty equipment properly.
Geeez... A Sears mower is lighter than a good Z. Would it make sense to buy the cheap POS??
I think not.....

a plus bob
02-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I have seen pics posted on here of 1 ton chevy with a t3000 on a carrier rack?That is exactly the same set up I use for my Z SPRAY intermediate!!

ted putnam
02-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I have seen pics posted on here of 1 ton chevy with a t3000 on a carrier rack?That is exactly the same set up I use for my Z SPRAY intermediate!!

So you use a carrier rack for your Z-spray?

a plus bob
02-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes its made by LT RICH it is not considered a trailer because it has no tongue.Needs no plates or special insurance.If you look at the pics of the smart car it has one behind it( posted by ZSPRAY INFO).I have had it for 5 yrs? no saftey problems ever.I will post some pics. soon.

RABBITMAN11
02-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I had one of those trailers, they are awesome trailers.

a plus bob
02-09-2009, 10:09 PM
I had one of those trailers, they are awesome trailers.

I love mine use it every day.DOT does not consider it a trailer.

br549oicu8
02-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Please post pics, Bob!
Very interesting. We use a trailer, as we have 5, because it makes sense for us. Each is different. With a 2 or 3 hundred gallon tank of liquid on the truck it leaves little room for bags of fert.
My guys have to produce a lot in a short time as a chunk of their time is dedicated to mowing. Maybe one to one and a half days per week max can be designated for apps. THAT is why I have 3 Z-Sprays. 3 crews...trying to get it all done!!

ZSpray Info
02-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Here is the large carrier rack we manufactured to carry our machines in the past.

We are going to have a smaller version available but it will only fit the Junior and Junior36. We will be charging $2195.

We felt it was unnecessary for the larger units (z-Max and Intermediate) as a applicator would not be able to load enough product in a pick-up to feed those machines.

The carrier rack is made with high speed rated snowmobile trailer tires
(low profile), and 3500lb trailer axles for the casters. Andy, our in house daredevil, says it has been at triple digit speeds. (professional on a closed road course). The carrier rack requires no modification to your existing truck, but we recommend for 3/4 ton or larger truck, or Smart Car:)

We will post a video showing the carrier rack in action in the next couple of days.

Real Green
02-10-2009, 10:20 AM

That would be me. We got the idea from a guy who has the same truck set-up to haul around Z-sprays in PA. This rack on the back of our truck can carry a Z-Max safely. We just choose a T3000 cause that's what we like. There are ways around carrying a Z-spray (any size) without a trailer. People do it day in and day out. All you need is a creative mind (Like Andy:laugh: The smart car is awesome!) and a good welder! I travel around this area a lot and see it all the time. Here is some pics of our set up again.

ZSpray Info
02-10-2009, 10:49 AM
That is a nice looking set up Matt.

Also while on this topic, we are trying to clear out some carrier rack we had made up. they are 38" wide x 45" long, with a 48" Ramp. We are selling for $400
We put a hammer-tone powdercoat

RigglePLC
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Realgreen:
Is that aluminum? How does it do when exposed to fertilizer? Any corrosion?

Real Green
02-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Realgreen:
Is that aluminum? How does it do when exposed to fertilizer? Any corrosion?

Hey Riggle! It is all aluminum. As long as you keep it clean, you don't have to worry about corrosion. There is a gentleman in Southern PA who has close to 40 of these trucks, no different than mine, just a different logo. Runs them day in and day out and has never had a problem either.

For guys who have a walk behind seeder, be it lesco, lawn solutions, whatever. That carrier rack is a steal and perfect for that. $400, you can't beat it! If we had a need for em' I'd take two.

a plus bob
02-10-2009, 01:24 PM
THANKS ANDY!I was going to dig mine out for pics. I will still post some when we go out the door in a couple wks to start.

ZSpray Info
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
For guys who have a walk behind seeder, be it lesco, lawn solutions, whatever. That carrier rack is a steal and perfect for that. $400, you can't beat it! If we had a need for em' I'd take two.

Thanks for the props, Matt.

More uses would be a walk behind aerator, slice seeder, snow blower, push spreader. Best use would be for a keg.

turfsolutions
02-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Reel Green has a sweet setup. I have seen the guy in our area with a similiar set up as well. There is a market for a hitch carrier for the z spray for a pickup although may not be possible to put on a single hitch due to the weight of the machine. Not sure why the z trailer never caught on. I use a 5x10 trailer, which is fine, but I would like a setup like Reel Greens.

Real Green
02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Reel Green has a sweet setup. I have seen the guy in our area with a similiar set up as well. There is a market for a hitch carrier for the z spray for a pickup although may not be possible to put on a single hitch due to the weight of the machine. Not sure why the z trailer never caught on. I use a 5x10 trailer, which is fine, but I would like a setup like Reel Greens.

Hey turf! I know we are talking about the same guy cause there are only three companies who run those trucks, two in PA and myself in DE. I don't know that I can legally say his company name. But I will give you the information of the guy to call who builds these trucks for us, if you PM me. You can give him a call and tell him you own a Z-Spray (he is extremely familiar with them) and he can go to work for you. Trust me, this man is the best in the business. I'll bet he's built 120+ trucks for spraying and spreading outfits...