PDA

View Full Version : tenacity

RABBITMAN11
02-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Anyone hear if it has been released for residential turf

rcreech
02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Anyone hear if it has been released for residential turf

Last I heard...it was going to be March 09.

That was what the Syngenta rep said at the winter OTF back in Dec.

Hope it is!

a plus bob
02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I hope my rep says its wicked on violets.

RABBITMAN11
02-09-2009, 10:26 PM
My brother in law is a golf course super thought about getting some from him!
I need it for my own yard. Neighbor has a yard full of nimberwill keeps creeping in my yard. I hate this stuff, absolutely ruining my yard, keeps getting worse each year!

Real Green
02-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Question, we need it for our orchard grass crop bad... can our AG side get it? :) It is off limits only to lawn care pros?

rcreech
02-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Question, we need it for our orchard grass crop bad... can our AG side get it? :) It is off limits only to lawn care pros?

It is! On the ag side it is called Callisto but the AI is Mesitrione which is the exact same as Tenacity.

I think this will be atleast my fourth year to use it.

It is labeled for corn...but not sure about orchard grass. You would have to check the label.

Call me if you have any questions!

Puttinggreens
02-11-2009, 09:49 AM
I recently (1/8/2009) e-mailed Syngenta with the residential use question and was told:

"At this time the registration for use on home lawns has not been applied for. Our R&D group is still investigating this use.

Jim Wojciak
Customer Center
Syngenta Crop Protection"

This is contrary to everything we have been told over the last few years, don't know who to believe.

The product would have many uses for us if and when it becomes available.

Ric
02-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Yo

I priced Tenacity yesterday from a not so regular supplier. I was quoted $ 720.00 a Gallon. Now at the rate per thousand you are only looking at $ 0.50 to a dollar per thousand cost. But that $ 720.00 up front cost will blow a lot of people away.

Think Green
02-11-2009, 12:36 PM
$5.63 per ounce is crazy, compared to the fact, that it will treat 16 acres at the maximum rate of 8 oz's. $46.00 to treat an acre for a farmer is nothing.
I agree with you RIC, the average person will cringe to see the initial bill for a gallon. They aren't looking at how many acres it will treat.
I was interested in this product before I conceived it wasn't tested on Warm Season Grasses. BUMMER!

rcreech
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
$5.63 per ounce is crazy, compared to the fact, that it will treat 16 acres at the maximum rate of 8 oz's. $46.00 to treat an acre for a farmer is nothing.
I agree with you RIC, the average person will cringe to see the initial bill for a gallon. They aren't looking at how many acres it will treat.
I was interested in this product before I conceived it wasn't tested on Warm Season Grasses. BUMMER!

Actaully...it wouldn't cost $46/acre on corn.

The ag side which is Callisto is about 1/3 of the price. I use a premix called Lexar...but it is just one of 3 AI's and it only costs about $23/acre for the mix.

That is even a little high...as most products cost around $18-20/acre, but the product is worth the extra cost!

Mesitrione is an awesome product!!!!!!

NattyLawn
02-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I posted some info on this product over a year ago, but I think one of the reasons for the delay is the product turns things white. So if you spray and walk back to the truck or whatever, you could leave white footprints throughout the lawn. I want to use it on the nimblewill. Even if hit with a non-selective, it usually pops back up within a year or two.

a plus bob
02-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Any thing new on this ??

Puttinggreens
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
At a conference in January we were told the labeling is moving forward, should be available by August.

I'll believe that when I see it!

a plus bob
02-18-2010, 09:21 AM
At a conference in January we were told the labeling is moving forward, should be available by August.

I'll believe that when I see it!

Dang I was hoping for may !

realist
02-18-2010, 10:02 AM
just got off the phone with a syngenta rep./ sports fields will be labeled within a month or two. residential label will be after that (no specific time table was given) the residential label will be restrictive, working on wording and spot treatments because of everything turning white.