PDA

View Full Version : why I started

mowerman41
02-09-2009, 10:01 PM
I started my business 2 years ago. I have 19 Customers, mowing, dethatching, mulch, aerating, spring and fall clean-ups. I have alot of respect for anyone that does this as there primary income, this is my secondary income I am a Corrections Officer in CT, and I will retire when I am 42 and hope to get my business bigger by then. My landscaping money keeps my wife home with my daughter. So I am sure that I will be using you guys for your knowledge. All ready alot of helpful people out there. Thanks in advance...

DLAWNS
02-09-2009, 10:30 PM
That's awesome that you do the extra work to keep your wife home with your daughter. I'm working hard as hell to grow my business that we won't need my wife's income, so that when we have kids she could stay home. Best of luck this year and ask away!

4.3mudder
02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
That's great for doing 2 jobs at once, for a lot of people, keeping up with one is hard enough. Good luck in the near future.

mowerman41
02-10-2009, 08:32 AM
DLAWNS,
My wife works from home and does well, (every little bit helps) and she also helps me with the landscaping (I don't remember the last time I touched a trimmer or a blower) Thank god for her! Its something that she started right before we decided to have kids and is a major factor in her being able to stay home... basically she is part of a mentoring team that is partnered with a health and wellness company all about going green.. she helps other people to be able to work from home.. if you guys are ever interested in hearing more, or getting more information about it let me know and I can get you her website and info!

DLAWNS
02-10-2009, 10:15 AM
I would definitely be interested in hearing more about that. We've looked into working from home in the past, but so many of the things out there were scams. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to get some info.

mowerman41
02-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Yeah we did too.. this I can assure you is not a scam.. my wife previously worked for the States Attys Office in Ct and we would not be involved with anything shady..
You should definately check out her website its www.prosperingparents.com
If you guys are interested there is an area on the website to request free info.. it will come directly to my wife and she will contact you from there... hopefully this will help you guys out like it did for us!

DLAWNS
02-10-2009, 10:52 AM
That's awesome, man. I really appreciate it and will definitely request the info very soon. It's crazy because our business is growing so fast. I'm working all day pretty much till dark everyday (except winter) and she works like 8:30-4:30 and then comes home and does the business stuff, invoicing, paying taxes, taking messages that I couldn't get to etc. We try to cook dinner but that just gets in the way. lol I would love it if she could work from home and have some more time for the business and then soon when we have kids, it will be a lot easier if she's home. Thanks again, man!

pbrad
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
your name should be jrco man lol