PDA

View Full Version : A few more water features from this year.

tdmill2
02-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Here are a few more from this year.

Thanks,

Travis

mdvaden
02-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Real nice.

That's about the size we went for at our home.

More people should realize that a nicely built feature like the ones in your photos, are more than plenty for the average home.

The lights really add some nice atmosphere.

tdmill2
02-10-2009, 11:05 AM
mdvaden,

Thanks for the reply. Keep up the nice work in Oregon.

Travis

tadpole
02-10-2009, 02:24 PM
They all look great. Especially like the first one in this post. Looks like a commercial for the wine. I guess that's a wine bottle.

Lite4
02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Good job. You have a good eye for stone placement.

n2h20
02-12-2009, 02:00 AM
very natural, i wish i could get the moss to stay green like that here.,,

pitrack
02-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Wow those look great. Love the night shot.

burge19
02-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Those are some real nice ponds..

coopers
02-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Great work! Absolutely love the second photo.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
02-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Awesome work....also love the night shot

CJF
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Really beautiful, the stone placement and the landscaping are outstanding.
Joann

AztlanLC
03-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't like them

I love them

pitrack
03-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Where do you place the lights in the first pic? I love the look who the water looks like it's glowing. Is is behind where the water is in mid air?

Utahlandscaping
03-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Good stuff! More people should use landscape lighting in their water features.

pitrack
01-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Hate to bring this up from the dead, all the pics looks great. Just curious in that last picture how you got the rocks to be covered with so much moss? Did the stones come like that or is there something that you pour on them to increase the amount of moss growth? I have actually heard of puring beer on certain things to help moss growth, but I have no idea if that works or not.

Twitchy
01-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Hate to bring this up from the dead, all the pics looks great. Just curious in that last picture how you got the rocks to be covered with so much moss? Did the stones come like that or is there something that you pour on them to increase the amount of moss growth? I have actually heard of puring beer on certain things to help moss growth, but I have no idea if that works or not.
Ive heard milk or buttermilk works, never tried it though.

tdmill2
01-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks for your nice comments.

I always start moss by transplanting a few small pieces onto Boulders within the feature that stay damp from waterfall spray.

Usually, it spreads like wildfire. It all really depends on the enviroment though.

Thanks,

Travis

pitrack
01-25-2010, 12:23 AM

I always start moss by transplanting a few small pieces onto Boulders within the feature that stay damp from waterfall spray.

Usually, it spreads like wildfire. It all really depends on the enviroment though.

Thanks,

Travis

Thank you for the info, I will try that next time.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
01-26-2010, 06:52 PM

Thanks,

Travis

Exactly! Try to get it as much shade as possible by using plants or if you have to make some type of artificial shade structure just to get it established. Watch the sun and see if it will work or your just spinning your wheels.

JDUtah
06-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Sorry to bring this one up again, but about growing moss, how much sunlight (direct and indirect) is good? How much is bad?

turner_landscaping
06-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Great pics! Very nicely done. As to everyones moss question try using pieces of sandstone in the areas where you want moss to grow with dampness and shade. The sandstones surface is the ideal place to grow. Just transplant a piece of moss that is growing onto the surface and watch it grow just like a chia pet lol.. the sandstone surface is just like that of a clay paver or a clay head. Granite stone will grow moss but it will take a lot longer than sandstone. However the key is shade and moisture.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
06-02-2011, 08:57 AM
I only get moss on my North facing waterfalls with a fair amount of splash and HEAVILY shaded area's with splash. One of my customer's that has the most moss faces north, but has a pretty fair amount of sunlight. It's on sandstone, but I still can't figure that one out.

capelawncare.com
06-02-2011, 09:19 AM

Buttermilk and Yogurt work. but you have to mist it regularly to get it to grow.