PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat in back of truck

site
03-05-2002, 06:45 PM
I just got back from a trip to California, and it seems like everyone there carries their bobcat in the bed of their trucks. This seems like a good idea to me, but what sort of ramps would I need to drive it up in there? I have an F600 with a 16" rack body. Its pretty tall. Maybe 5' to the bed. These ramps would have to be light enough for one person to move. Where could I get these ramps?

cat320
03-06-2002, 09:47 AM
you would be better off to have a hook lift system installed instead and sell the old bodie.You could load on the ground and then lift onto chassis,change from a flatbed to a dump,to a dumpster bodie or a box truck.It is a little more but you would get many more uses from it.

stslawncare
03-06-2002, 10:02 AM
they would have to be pretty strong and heavy ramps i would think, also for going up that high, i agree with cat320 on one of thos or a truck with a dovetail.

southside
03-08-2002, 08:01 AM
This type of steup is very common here. They are usually carried in the back of a dump. Most use alloy ramps. Light but strong.

paul
03-08-2002, 08:20 AM
We have a few contractors use ramps but if you need to haul anything you have to leave the loader at the site or at the shop, for $3000 to $5000 (trailer cost) you can bring it with :)

digger242j
03-17-2002, 02:49 PM
We've done that on occasion but never used ramps. On those occasions we had a pile of dirt available at each end of the trip and just put down the tailgate and drove on and off. I was never very fond of the practice though. Unless the dirt piles are nice and level and just the right height it abuses both the truck and the machine. I much prefer a trailer.

A counterpoint to Paul's comment though--if whatever you have to bring along is very heavy you need two trucks or to make two trips anyway. It's too easy to be overweight with a loaded truck pulling a loaded equipment trailer.