PDA

View Full Version : The Evolution of the Aerator

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 01:24 PM
You might want to check out this video of our new hydro walk-behind aerator. Just a few words to describe: fast, agile, easy to use...

There is nothing like it! Oh, and it really is this easy. :cool2:

Tine spacing is 3.5" and pulls plugs like no tomorrow...it even has a 120 lbs weight kit for pulling good plugs in tough conditions.

VIDEO (http://www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/WBTAR.wmv)

If you already purchased your new aerators for this spring...:cry: Don't watch the video....it will be just create another case of buyers remorse.

JDUtah
02-10-2009, 01:38 PM
looks like it is a little slow? He doesn't seem to be walking very fast?

Pretty slick, hydrostatic? I like how fast he can change direction (forward to backward to forward)

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
It runs 4 mph... It is quite fast. You use the hydros to slow down while making turns then open it up....

The intent was to show how easy it handles. A lot of the video was set with the cruise at a slow speed so you can still turn with just 1-hand. When going fast, you need to use 2-hands (1 on the kill switch, and 1 to slow the unit down while turning). If you don't slow down to turn...well it is harder to turn just due to inertia wanting to keep going forward.

It is quite fast...almost too fast for some.

Whitey4
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Looks pretty freakin sweet! How much?

JDUtah
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Good to know... what is your asking price?

grassman177
02-10-2009, 02:02 PM
that just made me sick!!!:cry: we got a plugr a while back and although i like it, that looks way better. great job

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 02:03 PM
$3,250 through any of our dealers

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 02:08 PM
that just made me sick!!!:cry: we got a plugr a while back and although i like it, that looks way better. great job

Can I quote you on that? I couldn't say it any better.

David

turfsolutions
02-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Weren't you guys developing a stand on aerator as well? This is a good looking walk behind aerator but for the bulk of my work which is pretty open lawns, a stand on is still quicker. I will say that your machine pulls a lot of plugs per pass.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Yes, we have a sweet ride-on unit.

The first units had a 9hp Subaru, but we are going to 14hp engines starting this month. Just more power for hills and a little more speed.

David

turfsolutions
02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Thats what I am talking about. Good looking machine. Don't get me wrong, I like the walkbehind but why walk when you can ride? What is the MSRP on the ride on unit? Let me know if Dusty will be demoing it so I can come on over and take a look.

Whitey4
02-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Any chance you can somehow get these into the rental market for us smaller guys? And... do you have a dealer on Long Island?

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes, contact your local rental store and I'm about 99% sure they will purchase one.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Any chance you can somehow get these into the rental market for us smaller guys? And... do you have a dealer on Long Island?

We have 3-4 dealers on Long Island...they should start getting them in March.

David

Whitey4
02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Just looked... will Liffco rent them in the fall? I don't care if it's twice as much as a Ryan... and you can tell them that. If they won't add one to rental stock, let me know which dealer will. My word, I'll be good for at least a two day rental even if it's pricey. I'd even give them a 50% deposit 3 months before I need to rent it! I don't EVER want to wrestle with a Ryan air again!

Aside from that, I now do no business with any of the LI dealers you have.

Any chance there will be one at the March 3 NSLGA expo at the Nasau Vet coliseum (home of the Islanders)? That would be a good time to meet some of your dealers and bend their ears a bit.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Just looked... will Liffco rent them in the fall? I don't care if it's twice as much as a Ryan... and you can tell them that. If they won't add one to rental stock, let me know which dealer will. My word, I'll be good for at least a two day rental even if it's pricey. I'd even give them a 50% deposit 3 months before I need to rent it! I don't EVER want to wrestle with a Ryan air again!

Aside from that, I now do no business with any of the LI dealers you have.

Any chance there will be one at the March 3 NSLGA expo at the Nasau Vet coliseum (home of the Islanders)? That would be a good time to meet some of your dealers and bend their ears a bit.

What dealer do you work with on Long Island? If they are not on top of one of our current dealers we can look at adding another one.

I'll loop up the show...we are always looking for shows.

Thanks

David

Exact Rototilling
02-10-2009, 06:32 PM

Really!!! What model of Plugr do you have? Do you have reasonably fresh tines on it?

I found my self waiting for the part of the video that shows plugs getting kicked up? Um.....where's all the Plugs???

If that was me out there with my Plugr 850HD there would be a boat load of plugs trailing the machine resembling Geese Gone Wild. :laugh:

Maybe it's the turf conditions? That's my most common response from home owners who have me aerate. "That's a lot of plugs" compared to the guy who aerated last time.

What I like about what I saw in the video is it looks waaay easier to use than the other rolling tine units on the market.

grassman177
02-10-2009, 06:49 PM
we have the 850 hd. dont get me wrong, i love it, but i think it could be better.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
If you want videos of plugs....well we can do that. It has been raining the last 2 days so once it stop I'll post another video or go take pictures.

Lets just say you will be impressed...I own several aerators and let me say again....you will be impressed. It pulls plugs just like our ride-on unit. In tall grass, you can't really see the plugs from a distance, but on short bent grass you can. Check out the below video.

I'll take some still pics of the plugs laying on the ground from the day we shot this video.

Ride-on PLUGS Video (http://www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/Plugs.wmv)

The above video is our ride-on unit is the same tine setup as our walk-behind except it is only 21" wide instead of 28" wide.

Exact Rototilling
02-10-2009, 07:31 PM
If you want videos of plugs....well we can do that. It has been raining the last 2 days so once it stop I'll post another video or go take pictures.

Lets just say you will be impressed...I own several aerators and let me say again....you will be impressed. It pulls plugs just like our ride-on unit. In tall grass, you can't really see the plugs from a distance, but on short bent grass you can. Check out the below video.

I'll take some still pics of the plugs laying on the ground from the day we shot this video.

Ride-on PLUGS Video (http://www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/Plugs.wmv)

The above video is our ride-on unit is the same tine setup as our walk-behind except it is only 21" wide instead of 28" wide.Yes I see the plugs now.

The WB unit doesn't interest me but the stander ride on does.

How much $$$ for the 14 HP version?

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Ride-on is $6,000

turfsolutions
02-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Great looking machine.

Whitey4
02-10-2009, 10:34 PM
What dealer do you work with on Long Island? If they are not on top of one of our current dealers we can look at adding another one.

I'll loop up the show...we are always looking for shows.

Thanks

David

Vigliotti aka Better Gardens is my primary supplier for equipment, rentals, mulch, fert, etc. I also buy from their nursery stock. They are located in Westbury and... I forget the Suffolk location. They are the biggest outfit. They have their own compsting system... we dump there, they truck it out to the east end, turn it into mulch or compost, and sell it back to us the next year. Nice business model. Their rental aerators are in sad shape.

I know the counter people there pretty well. This is a very big operation. There isn't a landscaper on LI that doesn't know who they are.... especially because it's the ONLY place we have to dump debris. They retail their mulch, top soil, compost and seeding soil through the Home Depots here. They are that big.

Phelan also in Westbury is my other equipment dealer. Both of them have booths at this local show. I posted some info on this expo in the "Trade Show" forum here. The sponsor is the local LCO association, the NSLGA. It's very well attended. Every dealer, nursery, stone supplier etc has a presence there. A fair amount of buying happens at the event. It's $25 at the door for just entry to the floor. I attend seminars for most of the day, but make the rounds in between classes.

These two dealers cater to the landscapers... the ones you have here I believe are marketing more horizontally, snowblowers, heavy equipment and other stuff although that is more guess on my part than known fact. If you do decide to pop in for the show, let me know. I could introduce you to some folks if you would like. Oh, the number for the NSLGA is 631-665-2250

PM me if you want my info for whatever reason.

Any chance you could bring a laptop with this video on it if you do decide to attend?

grassman177
02-10-2009, 11:47 PM
ok, now i think i may have a disease ailing me. that ride on was about sweet as they come. i am gonna be sick::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Exact Rototilling
02-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Ride-on is $6,000
David,

How much does the stander unit weigh?

What is the wheel base distance aprox front caster forward and trailing?

Height, length & width would be good to.

Why I ask is I wonder how much ground clearance is there for going up the ramp on my trailer?

Yes I have one of those slightly shorter 6x12 Home Cheapo enclosed trailers with the 1000 pound rated ramp and yes it's a bit steeper than a taller standard height trailer.

Also a side picture or even a video to see how the tine assembly raises or lowers would be great!

Also a pic of the tines would be swell. :waving:

Ric3077
08-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Ride-on is $6,000

Why are they $8000 now only about half a year after they were $6000?

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Why are they $8000 now only about half a year after they were $6000?

Standard operating procedure. Get a few out there for cheap until you're established. Then put the price where you think it can be and still maintain it's sales #'s.

Service 1st Lawn Care
08-08-2009, 01:02 PM
How does your ride-on compare to the Classen ride-on? The Classen looks pretty heavy duty maybe too heavy duty.

LawnSolutionsCP
08-08-2009, 05:35 PM
If you look at our early videos and then look at what is on our website....they are totally 2 different machines. We will make the less expensive one, but the one we are selling is an absolute monster of an aerator. They have everything we could think of adding to make the most impressive aerator imaginable. Anyone who has ever seen it or demoed it will agree. Just ask around.

All I can say is try it, or ask someone on lawnsite to explain the differences. I try and never talk down about other companies equipment...just set the bar with ours.

Let just say the companies who have our ride-on today have come back to purchase multiple machines (ride-on). They are in a class of their own and unlike anything on the market.

David

rcreech
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
If you look at our early videos and then look at what is on our website....they are totally 2 different machines. We will make the less expensive one, but the one we are selling is an absolute monster of an aerator. They have everything we could think of adding to make the most impressive aerator imaginable. Anyone who has ever seen it or demoed it will agree. Just ask around.

All I can say is try it, or ask someone on lawnsite to explain the differences. I try and never talk down about other companies equipment...just set the bar with ours.

Let just say the companies who have our ride-on today have come back to purchase multiple machines (ride-on). They are in a class of their own and unlike anything on the market.

David

:clapping:

Totally agree!

The ride on unit is freak'n SWEET!

If you have not tried it out you must! The thing is a tank.

The hydraulic foot mount is really cool.

Can't wait to play on it while making great money!

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Just watched the newer model video. Holy crap that's sweet!

EVM
08-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Does this machine have hydro pumps and wheel motors?

LawnSolutionsCP
08-08-2009, 10:00 PM
This unit has top of the line pumps and wheels motor but that is just the start.... it also has custom electronically control cylinders that store hydraulic pressure like on the new high tech roller coaster that launches the cars instead of using gravity from the first major hill....this allows the tines (aerator head) to raise and lower in less than 0.5 seconds using a small hydraulic pump saving horse power and reducing heat, the head follows the contours of the ground automatically, adjusts the depth of the core on the fly, allowing it to aerator on hills up to 45 degrees (evenly).

The hydraulic system is what makes the unit $8,000 and at that price it is a bargan.

The technology on the aerator isn't new, it is normally only used on large farm equipment and skid steers costing 3x - 5x as much, but the hydraulics are also what makes the unit perform like it does.

Even when people are standing 5 ft away from the unit, they can't figure out how the unit can stop, turn, aerate, and keep on going so quickly without tearing turf.

Ric3077
08-08-2009, 10:12 PM
david do u have any financing specials?
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnSolutionsCP
08-09-2009, 02:33 AM
We can finance them for 6 or 12 months no payments.

David

lawn king
08-09-2009, 09:43 AM
If this ride on unit is built like the walk behind, buy it! Im amazed at the amount of plugs it pulls. The wb is quiet,fast and easy to operate, built simple and strong! Im no longer dreading the fall aeration run in fact im looking forward to it. 8 grand is a very fair price. I just purchased a woods 72" core aerator (3 point hitch) and the retail price was $3700.

willretire@40
08-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Will your company be making a unit with the overall width being 35.5" or a little smaller? I ask because that would be the ticket for me because we have alot of 36" gates.

Ric3077
08-12-2009, 12:27 AM
David did u get my last pm?