PDA

View Full Version : Essentially Stone Landscapers in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

CertPro
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
The slivers in your soldier course are a big no no

fool32696
02-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Your website is frustrating to navigate. Lots of text is too small and fonts look bad.

zedosix
02-11-2009, 08:22 AM
"offering Quality Landscapes as well as new"

Could you explain what you mean by this?

Essentially Stone
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
The slivers ie 'wedges', actually work fantastic when you concrete the soldier-course (as opposed to plastic edging!!), along with polymeric sand to hold it all together. Ive been installing large areas such as driveways, patio's etc for many years and never had any problems with them anywhere. It works really well for taking radius's when making curves and this method looks more visually appealing also.

and that quote meant to say ' offering Quality Landscapes as well as new creative designs'

ford550
02-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Your not supposed to do slivers. It is structurally unsound. Your supposed to miter cut anything more than a 1/2" gap. That's what we do, that way there is a full solid paver mitered, not a weak sliver. To each his own, you gotta do what works for you. No offense intended.

Essentially Stone
02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
we do mitering for steps, but unfortunately unless you have staff that have the 'care' and 'time' for mitering a perfect circle or curves then it isnt feasable, without cost and price becoming increasingly high (not to mention someone really good on the pen and bricksaw).

But thanks for the heads up, its great to know what other people are doing in the industry.
do you have a site for me to check out??

wurkn with amish
02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
yeah pm me and I'll tell you

DVS Hardscaper
02-11-2009, 09:52 PM
.....Ive been installing large areas such as driveways, patio's etc for many years and never had any problems with them anywhere......

LOL - wasn't it 2 days ago that I was JUST talking about THAT LINE in a thread titled "guys and their pop-ups"??

LOL