PDA

View Full Version : what do you tink

FYS777
02-10-2009, 04:55 PM
suggestions, :confused:

JDUtah
02-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Looks like a fescue lawn? Not sure?

I would guess necrotic ring spot, when were the pics taken?

http://lesco.com/default.aspx?PageID=53&GroupID=5&GroupName=Disease+Reference

Bummer JDL is dumping this site, so pics are not working

treegal1
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
ringspot almost forsure.................

FYS777
02-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Looks like a fescue lawn? Not sure?

I would guess necrotic ring spot, when were the pics taken?

http://lesco.com/default.aspx?PageID=53&GroupID=5&GroupName=Disease+Reference

Bummer JDL is dumping this site, so pics are not working

blue grass, sep. , friends yard, is there all the time and getting worse,

FYS777
02-10-2009, 05:20 PM
they mow there own lawn, I do a clean up for them once a season,

FYS777
02-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Ya thats what I kinda figured, what do you all suggest for treatment, in chemicals or for organic application, it is real severe in other parts of the lawn also, all in the front lawns, could this be spread by mower to back.

JDUtah
02-10-2009, 05:37 PM
What time of year? What watering schedule does it see?

With limited knowledge about the situation...

As soon as signs start to appear aerate and spray with chitin. Three weeks later hit it with a good CT. Another CT a couple/few weeks after that. CT also inoculated with soil from a thriving local lawn (without disease problems) is best.

Also, if it is irrigated make sure they irrigate it early morning... not more than every other day.

Usually disease that bad is caused by unhealthy turf... a soil test would help identify the real culprit = solve the underlying problem.

treegal1
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
corn meal @ 10 lbs per K every 5 weeks.... and lots of ct...

the other fungus that attacks it is trichoderma, in the ct???

FYS777
02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
What time of year? What watering schedule does it see?

With limited knowledge about the situation...

As soon as signs start to appear aerate and spray with chitin. Three weeks later hit it with a good CT. Another CT a couple/few weeks after that. CT also inoculated with soil from a thriving local lawn (without disease problems) is best.

Also, if it is irrigated make sure they irrigate it early morning... not more than every other day.

Usually disease that bad is caused by unhealthy turf... a soil test would help identify the real culprit = solve the underlying problem.

Its always there, they have to hand water, all the rest of lawns lush green,

JDUtah
02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Oh, and a good overseeding early/mid fall.

The 'raw' organic fert and CT like tree mentioned should help a ton.

treegal1
02-10-2009, 05:47 PM
the corn tends to select for trichoderma

FYS777
02-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Would a top dressing compost be any good to take help this with seeding??

JDUtah
02-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Say you are doing a Renovation...

Personally I would do it like this...

1-Spray it with chitin... ringspot is soil based if I remember right, so high rate with lotsa' water
2-Two to three weeks later (hopefully after the chitin has finished doing its damage) double pass aerate, overseed, then 1/8 to 1/4" compost topdressing (mix in some cornmeal), last spray with a good CT
3-every 5 weeks after that do as Tree says, corn and CT

That is good to know about the corn selection of trichoderma Tree. Thanks :)

DUSTYCEDAR
02-10-2009, 06:01 PM
do they have a dog?

treegal1
02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
NO, dut maybe you want to hit it with some phosphonic acid, and hit it with that some.... then the tea and corn meal. dont go wild with the N!!!!

bicmudpuppy
02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Soil samples or pull some cores and compare the soil to healthy areas. I think the diagnosis is good. I would like to see a better picture, but anything that is localized like your describing has to have an underlying cause. Poor soil? poor drainage? I like the idea of aerifying. Mow it short if possible first. Top dress after. Stretching the compost with sand to use for the topdressing would help with air exchange. I wonder if we are missing something like sun exposure or bad soil from construction. It wouldn't be the first time an area performed poorly because the contractors buried a bunch of crap before leaving the site.

FYS777
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
do they have a dog?

yes but I know what dog damage is, if it was, it have to be size of horse:) I told them what I would have done but they wanted to try everything but what I suggested, and they did, and it didn't work, this conformation that what I told them, plus some things I didn't think about which U guys have brought forth, and now it will cost them more,:dizzy: there back lawns good, any chance of that getting spread by mower to back??

treegal1
02-10-2009, 06:19 PM
would you let the doctor cut you with a used scalpel???

FYS777
02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Soil samples or pull some cores and compare the soil to healthy areas. I think the diagnosis is good. I would like to see a better picture, but anything that is localized like your describing has to have an underlying cause. Poor soil? poor drainage? I like the idea of aerifying. Mow it short if possible first. Top dress after. Stretching the compost with sand to use for the topdressing would help with air exchange. I wonder if we are missing something like sun exposure or bad soil from construction. It wouldn't be the first time an area performed poorly because the contractors buried a bunch of crap before leaving the site.

It is shaded, soil is sandy, pumice type soil, house has been there long time, O I do remember them telling me when I first looked at it , they had another outfit aerate the year before and it started going bad, I wonder if they brought something in,??

FYS777
02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
would you let the doctor cut you with a used scalpel???

I get your point, :) What should I tell them to use to sterilize with ,

treegal1
02-10-2009, 06:33 PM

fire or chlorine maybe a gamma ray or.........

back on earth, why not just pull in the car wash ( self serve ) and give your money maker a bath every now and then. wash its deck first and then its seat... you know keep the value of your/ his tools???

after that it goes like this. 500 seats in the movie theater, all seats are full, nice folks and all that, and the wrong guys want to see a flick, but there not going to get to sit down as there is no seats left!!!!

what to do, brew up 500+ seats of good guys and fill the seat!!!! not a silver bullet and it takes some getting used to but, it works.....

FYS777
02-10-2009, 06:35 PM
stuff like this you just don't see every day, thats this bad, I appreciate all this,

treegal1
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
if that mountain explodes you owe me some ash, just a little..:waving:

bicmudpuppy
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM

There are limits to what can be done, but wash the machine. "Sterilizing" might be overkill, but washing the machine good would help. When disease pressure is high (not here in the desert now, but other places I've been), we try to be careful about mower traffic from green to green. Turn the units off, drop them and run the rollers backwards before going back up on a new green. Could there be disease in the tall grass your wiping the mower with? maybe. Are the odds better than just jumping from short grass to short grass? I've always thought so.

have soil and tissue samples sent to the local extension office. It will be money well spent. IF, once we have a good diagnosis, there is nothing good organically to suggest, then I would suggest you take the best conventional treatment on the market. After you've fixed the problem, then fix the damage the cure caused and move forward.

FYS777
02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
fire or chlorine maybe a gamma ray or.........

back on earth, why not just pull in the car wash ( self serve ) and give your money maker a bath every now and then. wash its deck first and then its seat... you know keep the value of your/ his tools???

after that it goes like this. 500 seats in the movie theater, all seats are full, nice folks and all that, and the wrong guys want to see a flick, but there not going to get to sit down as there is no seats left!!!!

what to do, brew up 500+ seats of good guys and fill the seat!!!! not a silver bullet and it takes some getting used to but, it works.....

Really I don't mow this one that is sick, but here is just one that I do, back lawn,

treegal1
02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
nice grass man!!! good stripes for out there also... good work. and clean sharp blades I see

I wish we had trees like that here................

DUSTYCEDAR
02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I KNOW ITS NOT DOGGY
BUT IF THEY LIKE THAT AREA IT MAY BE ADDING TO THE PROBLEM THATS WAY IT NEVER GOES AWAY?
dog can do some strange things to a lawn

bicmudpuppy
02-10-2009, 07:18 PM
nice grass man!!! good stripes for out there also... good work. and clean sharp blades I see

I wish we had trees like that here................

I do miss trees :) The last twelve years in KS, I have missed terrain. Growing up in EASTERN KY, You have no idea the mental trauma that flat land can have on you. Moving even further west to here helps, but western cedars, pinon' pines, and the rare cottonwood is not TREES. Going north into CO helps :)

FYS777
02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes I agree, Ya I only get out there once in a while, I will ask them. I'll suggest that to them, this is a verily large area, then there is another area, between drive ways about 1500 square feet, same way, and that about the area shown,

FYS777
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Her is a tree picture, or some, hope you like.:dancing:

treegal1
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
wahhh, I want to see the 80 year blue spruce tree:cry::cry:

thanks for the pics!!

FYS777
02-10-2009, 07:44 PM
wahhh, I want to see the 80 year blue spruce tree:cry::cry:

thanks for the pics!!

Hi tree, were this is take is from butte thats right , almost in the middle of the city, Have a lot of clients on this butte, its awesome to work and be able to look over the city and country as you work, lot of high end clients,:clapping::clapping::clapping:

treegal1
02-10-2009, 07:48 PM
it is a nice view, but one snow flake... any who here is some beach pics

DUSTYCEDAR
02-10-2009, 07:50 PM
u suck tree

FYS777
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
That is good tree, it just started to snow here, and covering the ground. as you were putting that post:dizzy:

JDUtah
02-10-2009, 08:00 PM
How do you cure cabin fever with several inches of snow outside? :cry:

treegal1
02-10-2009, 08:01 PM
here then try this, this is the fishing hole

DUSTYCEDAR
02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
long sigh................

JDUtah
02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
here then try this, this is the fishing hole

:cry::cry::cry:

Maybe I will go shovel snow off the garden beds...

DUSTYCEDAR
02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
if i leave now and drink red bull all night ill be there soon

treegal1
02-10-2009, 08:10 PM
if i leave now and drink red bull all night ill be there soon
we spent Saturday night sort of sleep fishing on that dock.... plenty warm......

snow men for every one!!!!

FYS777
02-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Me to. I guess I could get the mower mow the yard, could call it shmowing,:):)

bicmudpuppy
02-10-2009, 08:30 PM
This is the SECOND time in as many days I have to tell TG, THAT AIN'T RIGHT.

You post pics like that and not even ONE bikini to be seen? The mods would probably delete a nude beach scene (shudder, what I want to see isn't there anyway. Old people w/o suits on a Florida beach ain't pretty either) We ended up with between 5-7" locally yesterday with maybe 1/3 melt today but more predicted tonight :( If the kids don't go to school tomorrow, I want a ship to address for somebody!!

treegal1
02-10-2009, 08:46 PM
well we have a beach for every one, old swingers, straight couples beaches, family beaches and every thing under the sun. and the local cops have left the nudity kind of go at most of the little beaches, lots of non locals want to sun there frozen rears, so a good tourist move......

FYS777
02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
well we have a beach for every one, old swingers, straight couples beaches, family beaches and every thing under the sun. and the local cops have left the nudity kind of go at most of the little beaches, lots of non locals want to sun there frozen rears, so a good tourist move......

As long as they don't show any fungus,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

dishboy
02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I've taken that out with two applications of cracked corn. I am within 400 miles of your location. I agree with tree on this one. Don't be afraid of 20 lbs per K on the cc or cornmeal but cut any other fertilizer.

Kiril
02-11-2009, 09:36 AM
My vote is for Dog Spot + Fusarium blight or Pythium blight. As Bic noted, closer analysis is needed to determine what exactly is causing the spots before deciding how to treat the problem.

Look here for more info.

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/TOOLS/TURF/PESTS/index.html

dishboy
02-11-2009, 10:32 AM
My vote is for Dog Spot + Fusarium blight or Pythium blight. As Bic noted, closer analysis is needed to determine what exactly is causing the spots before deciding how to treat the problem.

Look here for more info.

Have you ever seen dog spots with green in the center? I have not.

treegal1
02-11-2009, 10:35 AM
all the dog digs here are under the trees and bush's.............

FYS777
02-11-2009, 10:38 AM

Look here for more info.

thanks for the page. Kiril, I'll study that out, I may just give these folks this info instead of me trying to remembering it all. thanks every one,:clapping:

FYS777
02-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I do have to say though, I can rule out the doggy, I have work around lots of dogs with costumers and have my own, but all the other info, is great!!

Kiril
02-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Have you ever seen dog spots with green in the center? I have not.

Trolling for an argument I see. Guess you are also blind.

NattyLawn
02-11-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't think dishboy's trolling for an argument here. I've never seen dog damage form a frog eye pattern either. Pythium would have white mycelium and spreads rapidly. I like fusarium or necrotic ring. Did the op say when the pics were taken? Temps? Time of day?

Kiril
02-11-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't think dishboy's trolling for an argument here. I've never seen dog damage form a frog eye pattern either.

Note areas pointed out ... which indicate possible higher nitrogen due to urine. Not really a leap here to point out the possibility that some of these spots are caused by the dog.

treegal1
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I like the grass outside the fence..........

dishboy
02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Trolling for an argument I see. Guess you are also blind.

Give me a freaken break . Your telling me you can ID a urine spot with that photo. Like I said in 30 years of cutting grass and being raised from a family that owned a kennel and showed dogs as well as having dogs for my whole life I have never seen a dog damaged lawn with green in the center of the urine burn. BTW I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.

treegal1
02-11-2009, 11:33 AM
ah yes the ole mutt n shade theory

yes you can see crop N levels...
http://plantsci.missouri.edu/nutrientmanagement/NsensorsCMC08.pdf

Kiril
02-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Give me a freaken break . Your telling me you can ID a urine spot with that photo

No, I am saying you can't rule it out, it is after all a photo! Can you state with absolute certainty given the photo that none of those spots are caused by a dog?

I also did not say they were all caused by dogs now did I, or did you miss that part of my post?

Look here for more info.

:waving:

FYS777
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
stop, for a moment,I'll be back.

FYS777
02-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi, back, yes can't rule out anything, believe it or not I have gotten on my hands and knees, looking through my bifocals:) and this may sound funny, but even smelled some of the spot, could be gas, deer, dog, or something, else, I know I don't know as much as I should, and asking others for input, gives me info, to see if I have missed something, all info, you all have provided has been good, and most excellent.:clapping::clapping::clapping: I wish I had better pic, sorry I didn't have one, If there might be something, please post,

FYS777
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
O Kiril you have a good eye, and pointers, O dishboy are those male or female doggys.
makes a difference?? nice green to,

JDUtah
02-11-2009, 01:44 PM

I would refer you back to this post. Sure they might be out what, 30-50 bucks, but if they really want it solved...

FYS777
02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Ummm I said I am looking at everything, I did not miss that, thats why this post are so good, take in what you need and let go what you don't. I have read up on diff. diseases, and treatments in diff. lawn types. Like I said trying to see if I miss, any thing, plus I have thought of that also, getting info together to give to them so they can make there mind up, :):)

JDUtah
02-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Sounds good. And sounds like you are enjoying it. Have fun, and good luck. :)

FYS777
02-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Sounds good. And sounds like you are enjoying it. Have fun, and good luck. :)

It is fun, I know I don't know near enough, or not as much as a lot of folks, I learn something new every day, this is good,:dancing:

NattyLawn
02-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Note areas pointed out ... which indicate possible higher nitrogen due to urine. Not really a leap here to point out the possibility that some of these spots are caused by the dog.

Damn....I didn't even see the higher areas even with them pointed out. You know the people that couldn't see the ship hidden in the picture after staring at it? That's me...

I still don't think it's dog damage though, unless the excessive N is the cause of the disease. When you have the right environmental conditions, the pathogen, and the proper pathogen food substrate, the disease will thrive.

Mr. Nice
02-11-2009, 05:19 PM
More pic's?? close ups..

FYS777
02-11-2009, 05:31 PM
More pic's?? close ups..

I would but I will need to wait for snow to melt,:dizzy:

Mr. Nice
02-11-2009, 05:47 PM
O...when were those pic's taken again? and what time of year do those show up.

Fertilizer program and schedule at site?, irrigation?, you guys get a lot of rain out there right?
Do dogs or other animals use site? soil type? How often and how high and what type of equipment cut the lawn? ete. ete..?

Posting pic's with out ALL the info does little do get to the cause..

Maybe next year reseed with a more resistant cultivar, perhaps a non mono culture blend? Keep grass well nourished and adjust irrigation correctly depending on season and weather.

FYS777
02-11-2009, 06:01 PM
O...when were those pic's taken again? and what time of year do those show up.

Fertilizer program and schedule at site?, irrigation?, you guys get a lot of rain out there right?
Do dogs or other animals use site? soil type? How often and how high and what type of equipment cut the lawn? ete. ete..?

Posting pic's with out ALL the info does little do get to the cause..

Maybe next year reseed with a more resistant cultivar, perhaps a non mono culture blend? Keep grass well nourished and adjust irrigation correctly depending on season and weather.

Is there all season, very little rain, hand watered by owner, they do good at that, they mow there own at 3 inches, and bagged, dog yes, soil, sandy, pumice soil, fert, program fine, please read more of post already mention above most has been talked about, but maybe there is something we may have missed,:):)

Mr. Nice
02-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Sorry, I just skimmed through it, anyway good luck

FYS777
02-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey no problem, I've done the same thing, so i do a lot more reading now, your question are good.:):)

ICT Bill
02-11-2009, 07:42 PM
O Kiril you have a good eye, and pointers, O dishboy are those male or female doggys.
makes a difference?? nice green to,

Bitches of course

Barefoot James
02-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Well I waited for Bill to chime in but he wants to talk dirty??

If you look at the photos there seems to be some gray dust (grey areas on finge of brown spots on bottom) that probably turns black. Too much water - probably watering in evening and it is wet at night. This looks like grey mold or brown spot very common for fescues and KBG. Use Bills NPP product 3 oz per gallon treat spots and it should go away - might need several apps. If they have a dog it could be urine burn and nothing can help it but MORE water. (I do see the dark green spots - so I bet the have a dog - but those don't seem like dog spots) Just dont' have enough info or close ups. The best time to check for grey mold is first thing in the AM and it always turns black. I run into this on cool nights when I have seeded and there is tons of water in the soil. NPP takes it out EVERYTIME. I would for sure try it as it looks to be some fungi thing and NPP will work. If urine water more or go synthetic grass - LOL.

Come on Bill this was plug time and you missed it???

FYS777
02-11-2009, 11:05 PM
LOL, the city tried fake grass on medium one time the people bout tore the city house down,:) NPP remember over here in west, whats that,:) product, ya come on Bill,LoL

JDUtah
02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
NPP is chitin

treegal1
02-11-2009, 11:40 PM
there are some study that may suggest that a sea food only compost feed to worms can make a chitin rich cast.........

NattyLawn
02-12-2009, 09:14 AM
The NPP chitin product does work well, but I would follow that up with a tea spray, as the chitin does tend to do some damage to all soil biology.

TG, there have been a few companies that have added crabshell to worm beds, but I don't think that they were only fed seafood. One was in MD near Bill and the other in CA.

dishboy
02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
The NPP chitin product does work well, but I would follow that up with a tea spray, as the chitin does tend to do some damage to all soil biology.

TG, there have been a few companies that have added crabshell to worm beds, but I don't think that they were only fed seafood. One was in MD near Bill and the other in CA.

Anybody try the NPP on fairyring?

Barefoot James
02-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Gay fungus?:laugh: Prolly works on that too? I have never had the opportunty to treat fairy ring but I would think it would??? Needs all the help it can get:laugh:.

Smallaxe
02-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I think that the use of microbial teas is an interesting idea, and worth looking into.

In my experience there has to be a reason for the fungal diseases to appear. Usually cultural practices, such as watering in the evening after work.

If it was me the first thing I would do is scratch up all the dead plant material, dig up the ground several inches deep, rake in some seed with compost and finish off with compost to keep the soil moist for germination.

I have never not succeeded in getting new grass to grow in any of the carpet rooted fungal problems I have come across. It is worth a shot and less expensive than other solutions.

Physical structure of the soil and root zone is important for everything including the ability of other solutions to work.
And again... Don´t fertilize in the spring.

FYS777
02-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I think that the use of microbial teas is an interesting idea, and worth looking into.

In my experience there has to be a reason for the fungal diseases to appear. Usually cultural practices, such as watering in the evening after work.

If it was me the first thing I would do is scratch up all the dead plant material, dig up the ground several inches deep, rake in some seed with compost and finish off with compost to keep the soil moist for germination.

I have never not succeeded in getting new grass to grow in any of the carpet rooted fungal problems I have come across. It is worth a shot and less expensive than other solutions.

Physical structure of the soil and root zone is important for everything including the ability of other solutions to work.
And again... Don´t fertilize in the spring.

Hi. smallaxe, YA I suggested this to them but what happened, is that they try different things instead and it got worse, when I got to it and seen it, and they asked me what I would do, I told them, basically this same thing, but now it covers about 2000 sq, ft. in different spots, and they didn't like that price either, so I shrug my shoulders now, but I am, giving them all this info, This is good thank you,

Smallaxe
02-12-2009, 03:01 PM
For that large an area there is no, CHEAP, way of doing it.
Maybe just broadcast the seed on the affected areas and cover with compost topdressing this spring.

In the spring the ground is aerated from the frost and perhaps the seed will take off as soon as the soil temp hit 50 degrees.

Most fungi is always present everywhere, only some flourish where others wane depending on the conditions. Compost will at least provide some favorable conditions for the beneficials rather than the disease organisms.

That is about as cheap as I would go. The seed alone will have less chance of growing in thick without the compost and of course, TIME, is the biggest expense.

good luck. :)

FYS777
02-12-2009, 03:08 PM
For that large an area there is no, CHEAP, way of doing it.
Maybe just broadcast the seed on the affected areas and cover with compost topdressing this spring.

In the spring the ground is aerated from the frost and perhaps the seed will take off as soon as the soil temp hit 50 degrees.

Most fungi is always present everywhere, only some flourish where others wane depending on the conditions. Compost will at least provide some favorable conditions for the beneficials rather than the disease organisms.

That is about as cheap as I would go. The seed alone will have less chance of growing in thick without the compost and of course, TIME, is the biggest expense.

good luck. :)

Ya thats what I tried to tell them, before they tried all the other stuff, now it will probably cost them twice what it would have been, thanks, at lest I was on the right track from you and the posters were saying, some times one just needs a little support in what your doing, again thank you all:clapping:,::)

Barefoot James
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Trust me it will cost you about $5 to use the NPP on this problem and you will have enough left over to treat a few more acres. i think the NPP from ICT Organics is about $70 a gal?? Bill you out there?? Seeding will ot take care of the fungus issues treat and then seed and spread some compost over the seed.

FYS777
02-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Trust me it will cost you about $5 to use the NPP on this problem and you will have enough left over to treat a few more acres. i think the NPP from ICT Organics is about $70 a gal?? Bill you out there?? Seeding will ot take care of the fungus issues treat and then seed and spread some compost over the seed.

Thanks, this sounds like it would be great to use, as bad as the problem is i would still have to use seed and compost to fill in the bare spots, but using this sounds good, I;ll look for this product at the landscape supply house, don't remember seeing thow.

JDUtah
02-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks, this sounds like it would be great to use, as bad as the problem is i would still have to use seed and compost to fill in the bare spots, but using this sounds good, I;ll look for this product at the landscape supply house, don't remember seeing thow.

They don't sell to homeowners... not sure why.

http://www.ictorganics.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.productDetail/productID/6/index.htm

Or you can search the net for chitin

FYS777
02-12-2009, 05:59 PM
They don't sell to homeowners... not sure why.

http://www.ictorganics.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.productDetail/productID/6/index.htm

Or you can search the net for chitin

Ya no problem, I'll be able to get some, if they have it this part of country??:clapping: I'll check the site out,

Mr. Nice
02-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Chi™ is a plant growth regulator that improves the yield, health and vigor of a plant, it is like using an organic growth hormone. Chi is a patented EPA registered concentrate containing chitosan oligomers and a chitosan salt. Chitin is a naturally occurring polymer found in many fungi. Chitin also makes up the outer shell of insects and crustaceans. Chi is an all-natural product manufactured from ocean crustaceans. When applied as a foliar application to plants it provides protection against fungal infection and increases structural strength. Chi also induces activation of genes, which produce protease inhibitors that help protect against insect attack.

Chi's active ingredient is Poly-D-Glucosamine, a derivative of chitin. Chi also contains additional synergistic activators that enhance the bioactivity of the Glucosamine in plants.

Research has demonstrated that when plants are exposed to the chitosan the plants respond by thickening cell walls. This is a defense response by the plant to prevent fungal penetration and subsequent infection.

A yield response, increase in fruit size and number, has been observed on plants treated with Chi. Chi stimulates the plants to redistribute the natural plant growth hormone, auxin. Auxins are a group of naturally occurring plant regulators that are involved in such varied plant activities as stem growth, root formation, fruit formation and development.

Applications

Foliar Application:

Spray plant foliage ever two weeks with a diluted solution, using 1.5 tablespoon per pint of distilled water. Apply a through coverage to both sides of the leaf surface.

It's called CHI from general hydroponic's, I believe you can find it in small quart & gallon sizes
just about everywhere across the country

FYS777
02-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Thank you ,been checking out all that to sounds like good stuff,

Mr. Nice
02-12-2009, 08:08 PM
I now realize that yard is covered in snow now but has there been a positive diagnosis yet from your pic's?

Just curious to what you have come up with?

What's in leading contention for cause?

ICT Bill
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
JEEZ, sounds like they stole our label. It also looks like the Chi product does not exist anymore, it is not on their instruction or label page

Our product has the highest concentration of chitin that you will find 2.5% most are 1% or lower. A little goes a long way

In fact we had run out of NPP and are bottling new this week

It hydrolyzes fungi on contact, basically melts it, turns it to water

1 gallon at the foliar rate will treat 64,000 sq ft

FYS777
02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
JEEZ, sounds like they stole our label. It also looks like the Chi product does not exist anymore, it is not on their instruction or label page

Our product has the highest concentration of chitin that you will find 2.5% most are 1% or lower. A little goes a long way

thanks bill, I've learned a lot on this thread, would this be considered restricted use product or general use, whats it classified as.??

dishboy
02-13-2009, 05:18 PM

How does it do on fairyring?

ICT Bill
02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
How does it do on fairyring?

History, poof. We did not have any data on it but have had many folks call in and say it works like a charm. We are trying to get into a trial with the University of Rhode Island so that we can document it this year