PDA

View Full Version : The Evolution of the Aerator

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Video (http://www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/WBTAR.wmv)

Check out the above video link for our new hydro walk-behind aerator video.

The video demonstrates how highly mobile and easy to use this aerator is to operate. The top speed is 4mph, but most of the video was done at 2-3 mph to demonstrate handling.

Let me know if you have any questions. Unit is powered using closed loop hydraulics which give the unit precise control with variable speeds (forward and backward).

Pricing - $3,250 through our dealers

Thanks

David

kjslawn
02-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Very nice can that thing pull a 250 lb man on a velke

LawnSolutionsCP
02-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm sure it can, but we haven't tried it yet.

Barefoot James
02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
bump.................

sclawndr
02-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I demoed this machine the other day and it is awesome! Very easy to handle and great plugs. David has done it again!

JFGLN
02-14-2009, 11:44 AM
I watched the video, looks like it handles great, almost like a mower. You need to add a close up of the plugs. It's hard to tell if its doing anything.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-14-2009, 11:55 AM
We will next week once the weather clears up. We just finally had our snow melt to where we can do more testing and videos.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Does it pull plugs...oh yes it does. It has over 120lbs of optional weights which makes it the heaviest walk-behind aerator in its class. By watching the video, it is obvious all the weight is over the tines where it should be.

It also looks light in the video because it is so easy to run, but lift the machine out of the ground even with the mechanical advantage of the lift system and you quickly realize this is like no aerator you have ever used.

David

DUSTYCEDAR
02-14-2009, 12:08 PM
IT WILL PULL PLUGS IN FROZEN GROUND I SAW IT DO IT:weightlifter:

Exact Rototilling
02-14-2009, 12:16 PM
David,

Been pondering your machines. Can you post a close up picture of the tines and tine assembly?

We have some really rocky patches of turf in this area that on several occasion cause my Plugr to jump and leap fairly violently. One Lawn I did was literally like aerating concrete with 1/2 inch of turf on it :cry:

The Plugr tines hold up very well to this abuse.

So do your machines have spoons? :waving:

LawnSolutionsCP
02-14-2009, 12:22 PM
I can post pictures on Monday when I get back to the office.

The tine won't punch holes through rocks, but it does do very well in soil. It also won't jump up and down.

It also is very, very durable. Most aerators only last 12-14 months with some of the nation's largest LCOs who use them 4 months out of the year 8-10 hrs a day. Our machines have been specifically designed with their help to with stand the metal fatigue failures that has been seen in the past.

I can't and won't go into details due to confidentiality, but...they are very durable even when getting abused.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-14-2009, 12:37 PM

The tines won't punch holes through rocks, but it does do very well in soil. It also won't jump up and down or break.

The machine is also very, very durable. Most aerators only last 12-14 months with some of the nation's largest LCOs who use them 4 months out of the year, 8-10 hrs a day. Our machines have been specifically designed with their help to with stand the metal fatigue failures that they have seen in the past.

I can't and won't go into details due to confidentiality, but...they are very durable even when getting abused.

The tines are closed at the bottom with a small slit to make them flexible when hitting rocks, but also have built in plug ejection at the top that prevents dirt and rocks from collecting in the middle and top of the tine. The tines actually stay clean so they keep pulling plugs even if you don't clean them. The tines are also held in place with only 1 bolt making it very easy to replace.

The other advantage of the tine design, is it ejects the plug in 1 pc (2-3") long pulling a long, clean plug.

turfcobob
02-14-2009, 12:54 PM

The tines won't punch holes through rocks, but it does do very well in soil. It also won't jump up and down or break.

The machine is also very, very durable. Most aerators only last 12-14 months with some of the nation's largest LCOs who use them 4 months out of the year, 8-10 hrs a day. Our machines have been specifically designed with their help to with stand the metal fatigue failures that they have seen in the past.

The tines are closed at the bottom with a small slit to make them flexible when hitting rocks, but also have built in plug ejection at the top that prevents dirt and rocks from collecting in the middle and top of the tine. The tines actually stay clean so they keep pulling plugs even if you don't clean them. The tines are also held in place with only 1 bolt making it very easy to replace.

The other advantage of the tine design, is it ejects the plug in 1 pc (2-3") long pulling a long, clean plug.

I would advise you to think about what you say in this forum. Turfco has Aerators in the harshest conditions out there and some are over 10 years old and going strong. We even warranty them for two years so your statement of 12 to 14 months is TOTALLY INCORRECT AND UNCALLED FOR. If you cannot get your facts right then do not share them here. I know you are trying to promote and infant company but do it correctly. I have been in theis business of building and selling aerators for over 33 years and have probably forgotten more than some know. So again I advise you to get your facts straight before you publish.
Turfcobob

RABBITMAN11
02-14-2009, 01:30 PM
He said most aerators, not all!

a plus bob
02-14-2009, 01:36 PM
I would advise you to think about what you say in this forum. Turfco has Aerators in the harshest conditions out there and some are over 10 years old and going strong. We even warranty them for two years so your statement of 12 to 14 months is TOTALLY INCORRECT AND UNCALLED FOR. If you cannot get your facts right then do not share them here. I know you are trying to promote and infant company but do it correctly. I have been in theis business of building and selling aerators for over 33 years and have probably forgotten more than some know. So again I advise you to get your facts straight before you publish.
Turfcobob

My oldest turf -co aerator is 12 yrs? old never a problem.infact still look new with lots of use.changed tines once.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Turfco does make a good and reliable aerator. No one that I have seen has said anything otherwise. I have heard nothing but good things on your products, great new spreader, nice reliable aerator. I have only seen a few of your aerators and each owner had good things to say.

We also NEVER call out a specific piece of equipment or give specific comparisons to pcs of equipment which I have seen. We simply show how to use our equipment and what it can do and let people make up their own mind.

If you know the industry, like I assume you do...you also know exactly what I'm talking about regarding metal fatigue on aerators because they take such a pounding. If they are not built well, it becomes obvious quickly or they will last a long time. I also know that you have seen the aerator grave yards in some of the nations largest LCOs that will put 200 hrs on an aerator in just 1-year. This is where we learn the most about making good reliable products. This is also the environment that seperates the "men" from the "boys". It is very harsh and the Turfco products have done well.

We have only been making seeders for 3-years and now aerators, but we try to make good and reliable products and in doing so we definitely do our homework.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Most aerators only last 12-14 months with some of the nation's largest LCOs who use them 4 months out of the year, 8-10 hrs a day.

I should have been more specific and not used most. Of the aerators that I have seen in their CURRENT inventory. It has been reported, they have only lasted 12-14 months due to the abusive conditions of having employees instead of owners run the equipment.

RABBITMAN11
02-14-2009, 03:00 PM
I really like the idea of your zero turn aerator. Your turf revitalizer does a good job too, keep up the good work.

Whitey4
02-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Turfcobob

He said "MOST". So, unless you have a 40% or better market share, the statement is accurate. I took it at face value... he was atlking about the Ryans etc, not you product. I think you have a right to respond in this thread to explain how your product does not fit this "most" blanket statement, but what you said here reflects poorly upon you. You came off like you were thratening... poor form. You could have made your point without that kind of language. Take your own advice... think about what you post before you post.

1wezil
02-14-2009, 03:56 PM
*trucewhiteflag* *trucewhiteflag*

LawnSolutionsCP
02-14-2009, 03:57 PM
*trucewhiteflag*

EXACTLY

kjslawn
02-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Turfcobob

Calm down dude Looks like the competition is getting you nervous

Barefoot James
02-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey this thread is strating to get interesting - sort of like the organics when the chem boys come over or visa versa. Where's rcreech? Kiril? Let the games begin - LOL. No apologies needed for superior stuff. When you got it - you got it. Learn what breaks down and make it better - that's what David is all about - he has proven to make it better - even his own stuff - get's better and better. Better check his stuff out or you will miss something special.

LB1234
02-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Turfcobob

From everything I read on this site your name & your products are professional. However, upon reading this post I'm honestly a little put off by your comments, specifically how you come off attacking the poster. I hope that wasn't your intention. If I were reading your reply for the first time I would think you are nothing but a pompous ass. Perhaps you should think further about your own advice...

"I would advise you to think about what you say in this forum."

HenryB
02-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Are the tines piston powered like Plug-r or rolling type like Ryan, Bluebird?

HenryB
02-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Also How wide is the aerating width?

LawnSolutionsCP
02-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Tines are rolling.

Aerating width is 21" w/ 3.5" spacing between tines ASMs.

We went with rolling because it is faster than a cam system and it doesnt' jump up and down on hard ground. It also performs much better when going up, down or across hills without turf damage.

cod8825
02-15-2009, 02:59 PM
I have used the turf revitalizer here in Kansas City for the first time last year and it worked awesome. I have used BillyGoats and Ryan's also and they also worked fine as well. What seperated for me was the fatigue factor the billy was not self propelled enough said. Ryan just wasn't that smooth operating like the Turf. They all have great products and really it is going to come down to preference. When I buy my first overseeder it will by from Lawn Solutions because after using it in just one yard I felt like I had the controls down.

The aerator I will use this spring.

Matt

LawnSolutionsCP
02-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Matt

Where did you rent one from in kansas city?

David

turfcobob
02-15-2009, 09:54 PM
He said "MOST". So, unless you have a 40% or better market share, the statement is accurate. I took it at face value... he was atlking about the Ryans etc, not you product. I think you have a right to respond in this thread to explain how your product does not fit this "most" blanket statement, but what you said here reflects poorly upon you. You came off like you were thratening... poor form. You could have made your point without that kind of language. Take your own advice... think about what you post before you post.

Whitey: I was not harsh I was giving advice from one manufacturer to another. We manufacturers have to hold ourselves to a higher level of responsibility when in this forum. To boldly say " Most Aerators " he was emplying ."Most" of the other manufacturers and that includes us. What you are up to with the 40% number is beyond me with over a dozen mfgs. of aerators. A manufacturer who is in this forum and passing out blanket judgements about competitive equipment needs to be called on it. If I do that I would hope someone would call me on it. Our job is to answer questions openly, honestly and factually. Simple as that. With 18 years at Ryan and 16 years at Turfco and a holder of a number of patents in the industry I speak with experience. Turfcobob

RABBITMAN11
02-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Its funny how you are quick to set someone straight about equipment, ride ons and etc. I remember your members of your a-team ripping on every ride on machine on the market. I didn't hear you come in and correct them for speaking without facts. Take your own advice and stop worrying about everyone else. Your the only company that gets on here and is quick to pass judgment. You acted the same way when people started seeing right through your marketing campaign about secret ride on machine, chill out.

Midstate Lawncare
02-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah, Turfcobob, I'm a little put off by your attitude too. Maybe you are just a sensitive guy... I dunno. What I do know now is I wll probably not buy from turfco now. Although a less expensive and well built machine you offer... that is kind of childish. We all know Lawn Solutions was talking about bluebird, classen, ryan and the like... not turfco... that would be ludicrous. I personally used a turfco 20" w/ the barrell roller in 2004 and droped it out of the back of the truck (I worked for trugreen... their idea)at least 10 times. I saw that very same aerator last fall... still running. They are bulletproof. But you need to toughen up a bit, and I'm sorry you lost a customer this spring... me.
Nate

Midstate Lawncare
02-16-2009, 03:52 PM
btw... Where can I get one!

LawnSolutionsCP
02-16-2009, 04:41 PM
You can order one directly or go to one of our dealers in St Louis or Evansville, IN. Untill we completed our full line of renovation products, we haven't worked too hard to setup dealers. We will be setting up a lot more dealers once the spring rush of orders gets under control.

Both will have them in the next few weeks.

Right now we are building units for dealer and rental stores. It would take us 2-3 weeks before we could sell one directly. We have to complete current orders.

David

turfcobob
02-16-2009, 05:12 PM
He said most aerators, not all!

Your right he said MOST not some as he should have. Most is an inclusive word therefore refering to most other aerators.

Whitey4
02-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Whitey: I was not harsh I was giving advice from one manufacturer to another. We manufacturers have to hold ourselves to a higher level of responsibility when in this forum. To boldly say " Most Aerators " he was emplying ."Most" of the other manufacturers and that includes us. What you are up to with the 40% number is beyond me with over a dozen mfgs. of aerators. A manufacturer who is in this forum and passing out blanket judgements about competitive equipment needs to be called on it. If I do that I would hope someone would call me on it. Our job is to answer questions openly, honestly and factually. Simple as that. With 18 years at Ryan and 16 years at Turfco and a holder of a number of patents in the industry I speak with experience. Turfcobob

You took his comments personally. I just think that if I were you, I would have simply said something like this:

"I disagree that "most" aerators are not reliably built, and using the word most is an over statement. Speaking for Turfco, I can assure everyone here that our machines are reliable and will stand up to very heavy use even in poor conditions and we garantee that fact. We have data to back that up.

LS, there is room for all of us, but I had to take exception to this one comment. I would ask you consider just selling your new machine's benefits, rather than making generally negative remarks about your competition."

That would have been the high road, and no one would have crtitized you for it. Frankly, I was interested in your product line until your posted in this thread. I'm now unsure if I would want to work with a company that reacts to a percieved indirect negative comment so defensively. Is that how you would react to a complaint I might have if I bought one of your machines?

I'm not telling you how you should keep your house, just saying that your posturing is a turn off, at least to me. A measured calculated response would have been better than the (by my perception) apparent knee jerk emotional repsone you employed here, from my point of view.

By the way, the Ryans that I have used (albeit from rental inventories) have been very unreliable. I think one reason for that is because they are such beasts to operate. The design causes the user to almost have to abuse them. From belt tightness to throttle senitivity, the Ryans I have used are a nightmare.

I would not have commented any further on this, but I felt a response was in order since you replied to me directly. Unfortunatley, or maybe not so, sponsors and suppliers are held to a higher standard of self restraint and tact than the end users in a forum like this are. Like I said, I felt you had every right to object... it just could have been much more tactful.

Midstate Lawncare
02-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Your right he said MOST not some as he should have. Most is an inclusive word therefore refering to most other aerators.

I'll bet your company has a 20% market share too don't they? so most would entail what 40%-60%... Not 90% right?

Since my post...you have posted and have had the opportunity to clarify or at least eat some crow and have refused. I personally don't care how many years you have been in the business... You have shown absolutely no professionalism in this thread... maybe you should just go away before you lose more customers.... or your boss reads this. And like I already stated, ryan, classen and blue bird in my opinion are junk. Turfco is a tank indestructable workhorse that I will not buy now because of your upity did no wrong attitude. I'll buy from Lawn Solutions.

cod8825
02-16-2009, 08:40 PM
CLEAR:

David to answer your question about were I rented the Revitalizer at Bledsoe Rentals on Douglas Rd in Lee's Summit MO. Again absolutely fantastic machine look forward to the aerator. I am a one man crew and I will gladly buy faster less fatiguing machines.

Matt

LawnSolutionsCP
02-16-2009, 09:27 PM
That is what I was going to guess. I actually was talking with them today about our walk-behind aerator. They are an awesome rental house,one of the top in the country.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I'll be working on getting more pictures and videos of the ride-on aerator. Right now we are getting very busy with Spring orders and dealer open houses and trade shows, so it may take a few days. I put over 6,000 miles on my Sprinter van in the last 3 weeks visiting dealers and shows.

RABBITMAN11
02-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Turfco Bob you must really be scared of this company! Its been pointed out that your post was overly aggressive and completely exaggerated. I've seen their product, and they have every right to say what ever they want to say about the vast majority of equipment out there breaking down and not holding up to daily abuse. You on the other hand have let your a-team members bash equipment and not say a word! So why didn't you say anything to correct them? If your equipment is everything that you say it is than you have nothing to worry about.

lbmd1
02-18-2009, 07:18 AM
David,
I'm a huge Plugr fan but like the looks of your machine. I'll be purchasing another aerator this year to compliment my Plugr. I would love to demo your machine though before buying. Will you have a dealer on the coast of NH sometime this year? BTW, Philbricks Sales & Service (one of the largest mower dealerships) in North Hampton has a new owner looking to grow the commercial biz. May want to see if they'll carry your line.

Mike

LawnSolutionsCP
02-18-2009, 08:42 AM
The Turf Depot in NH will have them at their spring open houses in March.

I don't have their information off the top of my head, but they are one of the largest commercial turf houses in NH.

Let me know if you need to know more.

mikesturf
03-10-2009, 08:19 PM

My 2 Ryan aerators need replacing. I've been waiting and waiting. I saw the video and am impressed. Wish I saw more on how the plugs look, how the tines retract, how to turn it in tight areas and do the wheels lock during transit from location to location. Based upon how nervous turfcobob is about this new aerator, I just may take another long look and possibly purchase one. I need to call this David and get more answers.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Davids aerator is unbelievably fast and it also backs up
take one for a spin you will never look back

Whitey4
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
So David... have you contacted the LCO oriented guys on LI yet, like Phelan and Vigliotti? I REALLY don't want to ever rent another Ryan for as long as I live. get one of these machines in the rental market here, and watch your sales skyrocket... I hope to get the budget for one in 2010... in the meantime...

Classified
03-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Well I agree this thread is interesting and based on turfcos posts, I have been turned away from them. I have a bluebird 742 aerator that I got for a great price. It works but I nearly hate it. Its a bear to handle. I really like this product lawn soulutions, I will likely purchase one in the fall or for next season once you have more dealers setup.

humble1
03-11-2009, 10:50 AM
The Turf Depot in NH will have them at their spring open houses in March.

I don't have their information off the top of my head, but they are one of the largest commercial turf houses in NH.

Let me know if you need to know more.

Hey do you have to replace the coreing fingers after using the machine for one day like my hooker aerator made by JRCO?

I will be going it is Mar 15th 9-3 I believe, they are on route 28 Salem NH. I hope to demo a unit. I will be having to replace my scrap metal hooker aerator that they wont replace my fingers for free they lasted 8 lawns. Hopefully the Pie guy still has his store next door, best bannana cream pie

LawnSolutionsCP
03-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Below is a video showing plugs, lift system, etc...

This should answer some questions. The tines are set at 3.5" deep. Normally I set them at 2.5 - 3 but they will do a full 3.5" plug as shown.

Video (http://www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/Aerator2.wmv)

Video is a large file but well worth the time to download and view. I went with a higher resolution format so you can see the plugs. It is hard to show over the web.

David

lawn king
03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
We have been rebuilding and running lesco 30's for 24 years. Why? because they are simple to repair & service and they last forever! I have been looking for a new machine for some time and until now had not found anything i liked. Its funny how things always come back. This machine is built on the same basic design concept of the ryan spykaer machines we were using in the 1970's. I plan to buy one asap!

LawnSolutionsCP
03-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Morgan Power just south of Boston will have one for Demos this Friday in Halifax, MA.

Call Joe at 781-293-9361 if you would like to demo and purchase one. Call ahead, there is a customer who is already planning on purchasing the demo on Friday so you can get there before it is gone.

David

lawn king
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
That would be me dave! Please have your people bring the weight kit and manual. IF the machine is as good hands on, as it looks in the video, it will be leaving with me !! Thankx Scott.

LawnSolutionsCP
03-11-2009, 01:28 PM
That would be me dave! Please have your people bring the weight kit and manual. IF the machine is as good hands on, as it looks in the video, it will be leaving with me !! Thankx Scott.

They won't have the manuals, I can email it...they were told not to sell it, but Joe at Morgan talked me into it. We had more shows, but they are going to come home this weekend and load up again.

humble1
03-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey do you have to replace the coreing fingers after using the machine for one day like my hooker aerator made by JRCO?

I will be going it is Mar 15th 9-3 I believe, they are on route 28 Salem NH. I hope to demo a unit. I will be having to replace my scrap metal hooker aerator that they wont replace my fingers for free they lasted 8 lawns. Hopefully the Pie guy still has his store next door, best bannana cream pie

or maybe its the 17th I have it written down somewhere

LawnSolutionsCP
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM

They are the same tines as our ride-on machine which puts 700-800 lbs over the tines. I have seen guys drive it on concrete with the tines down and do nothing to the unit. Sounds a little strange and make chips on the concrete, but no tine damage, but there is always the first...just kidding.

They are like our seeder blades, designed to cut through or bounce off anything you will ever encounter. You can hit our seeder blades on man-hole covers at full speed and they bounce off. It makes lots of sparks, but they don't break. In fairness, out of the ~150,000 blades we have put in the field in the last 2-3 years, someone on lawnsite did manage to break one after trying to break-up some granite he was attempting to see through. Lets see if he will comment. We did replace the blade a no charge and probably should have sent a t-shirt.

Whitey4
03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
So David... have you contacted the LCO oriented guys on LI yet, like Phelan and Vigliotti? I REALLY don't want to ever rent another Ryan for as long as I live. get one of these machines in the rental market here, and watch your sales skyrocket... I hope to get the budget for one in 2010... in the meantime...

??????????

LawnSolutionsCP
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Looking for their contact info, phone, can you send it?

lawn king
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
They won't have the manuals, I can email it...they were told not to sell it, but Joe at Morgan talked me into it. We had more shows, but they are going to come home this weekend and load up again.
Thats fine, i will see them friday morning 3 13 09. Thanks again ,Scott.

humble1
03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
They are the same tines as our ride-on machine which puts 700-800 lbs over the tines. I have seen guys drive it on concrete with the tines down and do nothing to the unit. Sounds a little strange and make chips on the concrete, but no tine damage, but there is always the first...just kidding.

They are like our seeder blades, designed to cut through or bounce off anything you will ever encounter. You can hit our seeder blades on man-hole covers at full speed and they bounce off. It makes lots of sparks, but they don't break. In fairness, out of the ~150,000 blades we have put in the field in the last 2-3 years, someone on lawnsite did manage to break one after trying to break-up some granite he was attempting to see through. Lets see if he will comment. We did replace the blade a no charge and probably should have sent a t-shirt.

Do you have a video of the ride on unit?

lawn king
03-12-2009, 05:16 PM
David, what is the gross weight of the machine?

LawnSolutionsCP
03-12-2009, 08:52 PM
David, what is the gross weight of the machine?

Dry weight (no weight added) is around 220 - 230. I haven't put it on scales yet....I'll have shipping put one (empty) on the scales tomorrow.

David

lawn king
03-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Your machine is now our machine! I met your dad today, he's a good man! Great job on the aerator david, i cant wait to get her out in the feild!

Whitey4
03-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Looking for their contact info, phone, can you send it?

I already did... I had asked you if you would go the the NSLGA trade show on March 3, but you never responded. That was the time to penetrate the LI market. Every LCO supplier was there. The dealers you have here are all heavy equipment guys... they sell tractors, concrete curbing machines, cement mixers, not aerators and blowers.

I'll help you as much as I can, but you haven't really done much to help me help you. I wouldn't care, but I want one of your machines for rental this fall, and for purchase in 2010. Maybe I could work a deal with Vigliotti. They buy one for this year, rent it, and I buy it from them next year. Vigliotti is AKA Better Gradens in Westbury NY. I don't know the owners, but I know all the counter people. They are the biggest LCO dealer on Long Island. Muti-multi-million dollar operation, but I've told you this before. The HD's here sell their mulch, top soil, etc. They are a huge outfit.

Sounds like you need a salesman here. The LI market is huge, and you have zero visability in a market starved for something better than Ryans.

LawnSolutionsCP
03-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Your comments are true about needing a sales persone but they are very, very hard to find...well they are easy to find it is finding one who can sell product that is hard to find. We had a distributor for LI, but we had to let them go because they would not provide product to the dealers. I would call dealers asking to purchase our product and got answers like we have sold them but we can't get them from our distributor...this is after I keep calling the distributor to get in an order for the dealers....so we let them go. I traveled to the area and sold more in 1 week than they did in a year.

Or, the dealer says we sell brand X, Y, or Z. We don't really sell them very well so we aren't interested in another line. Or, if we can't sell a seeder for $1,500 how could we sell one for $3,500.

Funny thing is, our dealers make 2x the margin on a $3,500 machine and most of our dealers sell 20+ units a year. Most of them sell more the first week than the pervious 3 years with brand X, Y, or Z.

As for March 3, that is the same week as our largest show of the year. American Rental show is where we do the majority of our sales for rental stores as well as hold meeting with all our national accounts. We should be attending the NSLGA next year but this year with only a few weeks notice in not possible. We do more than 50+ shows a year and it takes planning. We just don't show up.

Yes, the LI market is huge and we do sell quite a few of them a year on LI. Severl of the top golf courses use them and we have a few dealers on the NE side.

You would think it would be easy to setup dealers when you have the best seeders and aerators in the industry, but it isn't. A lot of the LCO call up and purchase direct and most order a 2nd machine,but they don't help setup dealers because that means their competitions will be purchasing one.

LCO don't tell anyone about our units because they don't want their competition to have the advantage of using our machines due to the high easy of use and productivity. Rental store who purchase them and make 100% of their money back in 3-4 weeks and then keep renting them for another 3 years making huge profits, but again we run into the same issue. Rental stores don't want other rental stores to have them because it will cut into their rental business.

I'll contact Vigliotti on Monday and let you know what I find. Send me your email name, email, and phone so I can forward it to them if they have questions. We may be able to stop by next week. We have people out their doing dealer open houses all next week and the following week.

LawnSolutionsCP
03-14-2009, 07:44 PM
I still don't have enough information to contact them.

Type the name and location into any search engine like yellowbook.com or anywho.com and it doen't come up.

Can you PM me their phone number?

Whitey4
03-15-2009, 01:28 AM
I still don't have enough information to contact them.

Type the name and location into any search engine like yellowbook.com or anywho.com and it doen't come up.

Can you PM me their phone number?

About to send you a PM.

lbmd1
03-19-2009, 05:34 PM
I drove 40 minutes today to Manchester, NH Turf Depot open house with another landscaper just to look at your machine and they said you didn't show up for it as well as the one in Salem, NH. What's up with that? Luckily the Plugr guy was there to take my money instead. I needed another aerator to compliment my current Plugr and was quite interested in yours but I wanted to see it first hand. My buddy was very interested in looking at it too for his lawn chemical company and ending up getting more info from the Plugr rep. Great open house, just tee'd off that I drove that far for your machine.

LawnSolutionsCP
03-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry that you went to the open house and we were not there. We were not able to make it. We are a small company and the demand for or new aerator is higher than expected. We have been building 7-days a week for the last month try to keep ahead on orders.

I (not a sales person) will be out in the Boston area on April 2nd. Send me a PM and I'll come to your place and let you demo one. If you have some lawns to do we can knock a few out as well to give you some time on a machine. Right now I have thursday open on my schedule so let me know.

I'll have a full truck and trailer load of aerators and seeders when I come and I will most likely sell everyone of them with the demos and open houses that week.

Again sorry we did not make the open house. We are currently doing 1-2 per day and it sounds like we missed a good one.

David

Exact Rototilling
03-20-2009, 08:14 PM
David,

I have a question about how the stander aerator handles riding over huge big rock or manhole cover and such buried under turf? What happens? Does the rider get throw of the unit? What happens to the tines?

My area is riddled with lots of rocks. A few lawns have literally been like aerating a 1/2" of turf over the top of concrete with my Plugr. :cry:

Plugr tines hold up really well but they do wear fairly fast. :waving:

LawnSolutionsCP
03-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Not a problem at all. Our machien uses hydraulic pressure to push the tines in the ground. The pressure is adjust able on the fly allowing the operator to adjust the depth of the plug based on soil conditions. It also acts as a shock absorber so the operator isn't ejected when they do hit a huge rock or man-hole cover at full speed.

The hydraulics also let the tine ASM follow the contours of the ground keeping even plugs on un even ground.

David

lawn king
03-22-2009, 04:42 PM
David, have you mailed out my owners manual? Scott.

Exact Rototilling
03-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Not a problem at all. Our machien uses hydraulic pressure to push the tines in the ground. The pressure is adjust able on the fly allowing the operator to adjust the depth of the plug based on soil conditions. It also acts as a shock absorber so the operator isn't ejected when they do hit a huge rock or man-hole cover at full speed.

The hydraulics also let the tine ASM follow the contours of the ground keeping even plugs on un even ground.

DavidExcellent!

I hope to be swamped with aerations and the the need to order one out this spring. I will have to wait and see how April goes first. Your aerators are the only ones of the rolling tine type I'd ever considering buying. I've seen the others in operation....no thanks. ........... :rolleyes:

I hope you don't mind I will probably always run a Plugr 850 Hydro :laugh:

Any aeration marketing materials you can send my way will help this process along. :drinkup:

Whitey4
03-23-2009, 10:17 PM
David... did you get my PM? I'm getting frustrated here. You need a distributor here that caters to the LCO's. I want one of your machines, but it's in next year's budget. I want to approach my (and the biggest dist. here) with a proposal to buy one of these, rent it in the fall, and I garantee to buy it from them next year. You get a machine demoed for free (from their rental inventory) with 20 LCO's, maybe gain a solid distributor, and I get your aerator.

I can't go to them with a video. I need something on paper. Your site has nothing on this new machine.

Like I said before, I think I can help you, but you have to help me pull this off. Once these other LCO's rent your aerator, they won't go back to renting Ryans. My distributor can buy one no risk, because I promise to buy it after the fall aeration season. The distributors you have here now are construction guys. Heavy equipment. You don't have an LCO oriented distributor, and until you do, you won't sell much here.

Plesae get back to me on this. My contact info is in the PM I sent you.

LawnSolutionsCP
03-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Yes, sorry for not getting back sooner. I was going to call them today but didn't get to it. We have been doing 18 hr days trying to get units out to customers. I was at the factory for more than 20 hrs today working on getting units out the door. We launched 6 new product lines this spring for our rental customers and to say it is a little more work than just building seeders is an understatement.

We haven't even advertised our new aerators or shown them on our website and we can't keep up with the orders. Right now there is a 7-10 day lead on aerators. Every LCO or dealer we have let demo the units have placed orders.

I'm going to be in your area next week. I should be able head out on long island on Saturday, April 4th.

I'll send you an email with our aerator spec sheet in the morning as well as let you know what I find out.

David

LawnSolutionsCP
03-23-2009, 10:52 PM
David, have you mailed out my owners manual? Scott.

I'll drop it off next week when I'm in MA. I'll be out ther Wed-Fri. I'll give you a call when I'm out there. I would like to shoot some video of you running your unit if you have some jobs lined up.

I'm sendin you a PM.

David

Whitey4
03-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Yes, sorry for not getting back sooner. I was going to call them today but didn't get to it. We have been doing 18 hr days trying to get units out to customers. I was at the factory for more than 20 hrs today working on getting units out the door. We launched 6 new product lines this spring for our rental customers and to say it is a little more work than just building seeders is an understatement.

We haven't even advertised our new aerators or shown them on our website and we can't keep up with the orders. Right now there is a 7-10 day lead on aerators. Every LCO or dealer we have let demo the units have placed orders.

I'm going to be in your area next week. I should be able head out on long island on Saturday, April 4th.

I'll send you an email with our aerator spec sheet in the morning as well as let you know what I find out.

David

I understand being buried in work! I have to go see them this week... I'll see what contact info I might get, as long as I have something on paper I can talk about. i truely believe... if we can get them to buy one for the fall aeration season, you will get orders here. I'd guess you machine could be rented by as many as 30 LCO's.

Please, just be sure to get me something on paper, even if it isn't pretty.

LawnSolutionsCP
03-23-2009, 11:01 PM
I understand being buried in work! I have to go see them this week... I'll see what contact info I might get, as long as I have something on paper I can talk about. i truely believe... if we can get them to buy one for the fall aeration season, you will get orders here. I'd guess you machine could be rented by as many as 30 LCO's.

Please, just be sure to get me something on paper, even if it isn't pretty.

I'm sure they will jump on it.

Most people stand there and just ask how is that possible when I demo the machine followed by when can we get one.

Whitey4
03-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm sure they will jump on it.

Most people stand there and just ask how is that possible when I demo the machine followed by when can we get one.

Check your email... this is looking very promising!

mwh350
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I live in montana how do I get one of your aerators?

LawnSolutionsCP
04-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Give us a call and we can ship one to your directly for $125.

We would also be open to have you help us set up some dealers in your area in exchange for a discount off your unit.

Thanks

David

mwh350
04-03-2009, 02:19 PM
WOW $125 for the machine shipped! I'll take 100! J/k

So total price would be 3375? Shipped to me? I would have to say from the videos that the aerator looks pretty impressive. I have owned a lot of brands so that is saying something. I have owned a Lesco Split-drive, Classen, Ryan, Plugr PL850 HD Favorite so far, and a Billy goat. I normally buy all of my stuff out of utah. They are crazy about aeration there. I think everyone does it. I would be willing to do some work setting up dealerships depending on how impressed I am with the unit and of course how much incentive there is :)

LawnSolutionsCP
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Send me a PM with your phone number so I can give you a call. I'm out traveling today.

That price is correct.

David

Exact Rototilling
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM
....snip.... I have owned a lot of brands so that is saying something. I have owned a Lesco Split-drive, Classen, Ryan, Plugr PL850 HD Favorite so far, and a Billy goat. I normally buy all of my stuff out of utah. They are crazy about aeration there. I think everyone does it. I would be willing to do some work setting up dealerships depending on how impressed I am with the unit and of course how much incentive there is :)

mwh350,

Comparing your Plugr 850 to the other rolling tine units - how would you compare the quality and quantity of plugs of that to the Pugr 850? Have you ever run a Ryan 28 reciprocating tri-cycle model? If yes how does that compare to the Plugr 850?

Of all the rolling tine units on the market the Lawn Solutions units is the only one I'd consider buying.

David- How quick of a turnaround time is there on the "stander unit" from the time of order to delivery?

mwh350
04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
mwh350,

Comparing your Plugr 850 to the other rolling tine units - how would you compare the quality and quantity of plugs of that to the Pugr 850? Have you ever run a Ryan 28 reciprocating tri-cycle model? If yes how does that compare to the Plugr 850?

Of all the rolling tine units on the market the Lawn Solutions units is the only one I'd consider buying.

David- How quick of a turnaround time is there on the "stander unit" from the time of order to delivery?

In the interest of full disclosure I would have to say that the Plugr doesn't get quite as much depth as the other machines that I ran. Probably 2.5 to 3 inch where the other machines in ideal conditions would get 3 to 3.5 Don't get me wrong it still pulls a very nice plug. Also I would have to say that it pokes at least 1.5 to 2 times as many holes. I have not actually ran the ryan 28, but have seen one running in person. So I wouldn't be able to really be the expert on the subject. In my opinion the 28 seems really top heavy, and the operators that were running it still seemed to struggle on a side hills with them. Not the case with the plugr. On a side hill I haven't met anything that competes with the Plugr. Keep in mind that I have not ran a lawn solutions machine. Also when you need to do a lot of turning around flowerbeds etcetera the plugr does exceptionally well. Mine had the hydro on it so it was really really easy on the operator. It would reverse and the whole shebang. I was partners with my brother in law on the Plugr, and well lets just say we needed to part ways, and he wouldn't let me leave with it so I bought the billy goat. Of all the rolling tine units this one is the best that I have used. It isn't too bad on the side hills as it has a much lower center of gravity, but is definitely harder on the operator than the plugr. Also I think that mine at least needs more weights added to it to do a good job in less than ideal conditions.
Back to your 28 question I would have to say from what I saw the ryan seemed like it was a beefier better built machine. I am sure that doensn't surprise you, but that is my .02 hopefully that answers all your ????

Exact Rototilling
04-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I agree with what you have said. The weak area on the Plugr is the total depth is at right at 2.5 to 2.75". But the sheer quantity of plugs pulled makes up for this IMO. From what I've been able to gather the Ryan 28 pulls a bit better plugs than the Plugr due to sheer weight alone. I'd love to rent a Ryan 28 just to try it out but there are none to be found around here. New they are as much as the lawn solutions stander model. I almost bought the Ryan 28 last year but went with the Hydo drive Plugr on the fact that is was cheaper, had a reverse hydro drive and a lower center of gravity.

I'm seriously considering getting the Lawn Solutions stander unit so I can knock out the bigger properties - more than 90 min of walking gets really old. Just need a little more sales volume and interest for aeration this year before I take the plunge.

mwh350
04-03-2009, 04:41 PM
What is the cost on the stander unit? I have seen it mentioned, but no pictures or video's etcetera? I am uncertain if I am going to upgrade this year, or next. I have the billy goat right now, and I really don't have that many lawns lined up. It is hard to want to do a whole bunch of work, and realize that at the end of the year you worked for free, and still have a bit more to do before your new do-dad is paid for. I am contemplating buying a classen tow model for behind my Z to complement the billy goat, but I am really impressed with this machine. Of course I have only seen the videos, but it is very impressive. I just noticed exact rototilling that you are in idaho. Are there any dealers for Lawn solutions in the west at all?

ussoldierforhire
04-03-2009, 04:57 PM
doesnt look like its doing anything

lawn king
04-03-2009, 08:08 PM
I recently purchased the lawn solutions wb aerator. Its a fine machine! It pulls a quality plug and lots of them! It also aerates in reverse, making quick work of tight areas. The only thing on my wish list for this machine would be a bigger fuel tank. I would highly recommend this machine, having been in the lawn business for 3 decades, im hard to impress! If i was not set up to aerate large areas with my kubota, i would purchase the lawn solutions ride on aerator in a n.y. minute!

Exact Rototilling
04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
What is the cost on the stander unit? I have seen it mentioned, but no pictures or video's etcetera? I am uncertain if I am going to upgrade this year, or next. I have the billy goat right now, and I really don't have that many lawns lined up. It is hard to want to do a whole bunch of work, and realize that at the end of the year you worked for free, and still have a bit more to do before your new do-dad is paid for. I am contemplating buying a classen tow model for behind my Z to complement the billy goat, but I am really impressed with this machine. Of course I have only seen the videos, but it is very impressive. I just noticed exact rototilling that you are in idaho. Are there any dealers for Lawn solutions in the west at all?Stander price is $6500 - talked with David today about it. No dealers out here or in the Northwest. Where in MT are you?

I hear you on the working for free bit - I broke even or did a bit better on my Plugr last year. I hope to triple or quadruple the amount of aerations I did last year. payup

mwh350
04-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I am in deer Lodge MT. Does david have any video or pictures of the stander? How well does it do on slopes

Exact Rototilling
04-04-2009, 01:57 AM
If you dig through David's old post you can find video of the stander model in one of those threads. :waving:

Young Bros
04-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Looks good. I like the aerating in reverse. I still like that my plugr is light weight and does not require extra weights to pull good plugs.

Whitey4
04-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I got Lawn Solutions hooked up with my dealer. LS demoed the WB for them last week. They will buy the WB, rent it in the fall, and then sell it to me. They also want the ride unit on for their floor. This is the biggest and best dealer on LI with two huge locations. Their equipment maintenance Mgr went over the WB.

He said it was solidly built, a very nice machine. Good parts availabilty too. They were all impressed.

You owe me one David... these guys are going to sell a lot of your machines! Getting the WB into the rental inventory will get every LCO around here spoiled, they won't go back to renting Ryans. Say, can I get a commission on this? :)

cjohns55
07-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi there,

Checked out your website. I am interested in finding out where a dealer is in Charlotte NC area or how can I purchase directly from you?

LawnSolutionsCP
07-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I should be in Charlotte next week meeting with STI Turf to go over our new aerators.

You should go through them but if they don't have one then give us a call.

David

lawn king
07-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Looks good. I like the aerating in reverse. I still like that my plugr is light weight and does not require extra weights to pull good plugs.

You dont need the weights to pull good plugs with the lawn solutions machine. I find the rear weights make the unit easier to handle and the front weight improves traction to the front wheel drive. The briggs is quiet,smooth and powerful and the hydro rocks.

Whitey4
05-10-2010, 05:00 PM
David, Vigliotti is alive again. I'll sernd you a PM.

LawnSolutionsCP
05-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Send me what you know. I'll be in Philly in 2-weeks meeting with dealers.

Can swing by and meet with them.

David

Whitey4
05-10-2010, 05:15 PM
PM sent, I think we have a shot here.