PDA

View Full Version : Landscaper state of the union/economy

creatived
02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
FELLOW SCAPERS I LIVE IN LONG ISLAND NY THE HAMPTONS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO DIFFERENTLY THIS YEAR BEING A GLOBAL RECESSION. DO WE CHANGE PRICE? MARKET DIFFERENT? CONCENTRATE ON MORE MAINTENANCE RATHER THAN RENOVATIONS WHAT DO WE DO? I AM REALLY LOOKING FOR SOME OPTIMISTIC SCAPERS ON THIS ONE BECAUSE IN SOME WAY THIS ECONOMY GIVES CREATIVE MINDED LCO'S A CHANCE TO REALLY EXCEL WEATHER THE STORM AND BECOME A REAL COMPETITOR IN THE FUTURE.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

EagleLandscape
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
we're doing the same thing we have always done. CUSTOMER SERVICE, UNDER PROMISE AND OVER DELIVER.

we arent being affected at all by the economy. We are growing extremely fast.

jsw2008
02-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm not changing a thing. I'm also growing extremely fast. The phone has already started ringing off the hook, I guess because of the temperatures in the 70's here for the last few days. Usually is mid March before the rush really kicks in.
I went to do 2 estimates today, and both customers told me they were glad I showed up because both of them had called other LCO's and I was the only one to show up. So I guess the economy is only bad for landscapers if you don't show up to bid jobs.

RGM
02-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I will try to be a bit more efficient on my work days and not stop for lunch as much bring the brown bag . I don't think I will raise prices this year but let everyone know if gas goes back there will be a surcharge.

DLAWNS
02-11-2009, 01:12 AM
we're doing the same thing we have always done. CUSTOMER SERVICE, UNDER PROMISE AND OVER DELIVER.

we arent being affected at all by the economy. We are growing extremely fast.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

bohiaa
02-12-2009, 05:47 PM
It also depends on where your live, rather what areas you service.

as we all know " or should " the recession " Is NOT everywhere. it's hit and mis....