PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the Super Lawn Truck

Tommy Boy
02-11-2009, 11:38 AM
They came on like gang busters, but in this economy? Anyone bought one or run one?

justanotherlawnguy
02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
They were just toooooo expensive. I priced one a few years ago and it was damn near $70k...

EagleGrounds
02-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I really dont even like them to tell the truth! Id rather have a good pick up and trailer to haul waste in, with SLT, your limited on how you haul your waste'

And they just seem to bulky....

BrandonV
02-11-2009, 04:12 PM
are you saying they've gone out of business?

gene gls
02-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Web site is still up........

LawnTamer
02-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Who cares? I think their trucks look cool, if I ever win the lottery....maybe I will consider one. There are a lot of guys on here who have basically put together similar set ups for a LOT less.

PROCUT1
02-11-2009, 08:48 PM
A lift gate and a couple of gas caddys from northern hydraulics and you have the basic truck right there.

They were really cool looking but for the price you can set up 2 new box trucks yourself.

South Florida Lawns
02-11-2009, 09:27 PM
All I know is you can get a 00-02' Isuzu box truck for 6k spend 1k on the dovetail and you have a truck that will do virtually the same thing.

Our city has one with the crew cab NPR the thing is sweet looking.

DLAWNS
02-12-2009, 12:58 AM
All I know is you can get a 00-02' Isuzu box truck for 6k spend 1k on the dovetail and you have a truck that will do virtually the same thing.

Our city has one with the crew cab NPR the thing is sweet looking.

I used to drive one when I worked at Austin Outdoor in Florida. They were pretty cool. They had like six or more of them. My picture is actually plastered on the side of two of them. I thought that was pretty funny.

Az Gardener
02-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Yea Tony Bass is still in business he also does green industry coaching/consulting. The trucks are expensive and you can build them for less but you don't seem to put much value on your time. If you got the $$ amount you want to charge your clients for your time to find the parts, order them make a % on materials like all good businesses do then install them and warranty etc. You would find they are not such a bad deal.

That is why the price seems high. Just like your clients telling you "your only paying that guy 10 bucks an hour how come you are charging me $ 50 or 60?"

Tony was also the innovator, prior to him no one had done the super lawn type truck, and you know a fella wants to get paid for his innovation.

My trailer which is my version of a super lawn truck cost me almost 9-K tp put on the road but you know what. I picked it up and loaded it with equipment and it was on the road the next day making money. Previously I had the "got to save a buck mentality" and I spent a month building stuff to get them like I wanted and they never looked as professional.

If you don't have the $$ you do it yourself. When you have the money you realize your time has more value.

johnnybravo8802
02-22-2009, 08:44 PM
I met Tony in person down in Orlando in 01' and looked at his truck-nice truck but way too much money. I came back and bought a new 01' Isuzu, set it up like I wanted-actually a little nicer truck with a side sliding door for $33,000. His trucks are impractical as far as price. Anyone who can add(Math is my worst subject) won't buy his trucks-they'll set up their own truck like I did and fill it up(literally) with equipment with the left over money.

syzer
02-23-2009, 08:12 PM
We have one and love it, will add another one one day. It has proven invaluable to the way we do business!