PDA

View Full Version : Vegetation control for city streets

redbuckcavs
02-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Our village administrator approached me about having our company do a complete vegetation control in June on all city streets where the weeds have emerged on the city streets (they used to do this in-house)

1) I am licensed to do vegetation control
2) I service aprox 800 lawn accounts and use the "vegetation" control to spot spray Roundup if we see weeds in the sidewalk,however we've never quoted an ENTIRE town (aprox 40000 residents)-----any advise or pricing ?

grassman177
02-11-2009, 06:40 PM
wow, way over my head. good luck. i can only guess you would estimate how long it would take to do like a few blocks and approx amount of product used and then multiply out the rest . that woul dget u close, but man that is a wicked estimate.

turf hokie
02-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Redbuck

Email me, nysecondnature@aol.com

Bryan

txgrassguy
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Estimate by the gallon of material sprayed. Add a minimum of 30% to cover errors plus tank clean up time.
I do this all of the time for right of way spraying and bare ground vegetative control and it works for me.
for example: 1,500 foot long runway with a six foot bare ground border plus taxiways = 1 mile. I can do this with 50 gallons and charge $19.95 per gallon, fifty gallon minimum. Takes me three hours from tank mix to clean up following application. Chemical cost is about $170.00. I average $175.00/hour on this job alone.