PDA

View Full Version : I know nothing about this

FYS777
02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I have google, and Gmail account, on this it has a site where you can create a web site for free, all I need is something simple for customers to go to to check what I do out, and about services, do you all know any thing about this, Like I said I know nothing ,???

tatmkr
02-12-2009, 09:45 AM
I am unfamiliar with the google tools, but Yahoo has a really simplified system to create a really nice website. Jut by a domain name from GoDaddy and the go to yahoo small business and take off from there. Word of advice...if you are searching domain names on GoDaddy...if you type in a name and it's available add it to your cart, even if you aren't sure it's the one you want. Then when you finally decide, delete the unused names. What happens is that once you do a web search for the name someone fnds that information and uses it to purchase the name. If you go back later for it then your screwed, so don't let it go until your sure. And pass up up on ALL of the offers from GoDaddy and just buy the name and go over to Google or Yahoo and build the site and host it with them!

FYS777
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I am unfamiliar with the google tools, but Yahoo has a really simplified system to create a really nice website. Jut by a domain name from GoDaddy and the go to yahoo small business and take off from there. Word of advice...if you are searching domain names on GoDaddy...if you type in a name and it's available add it to your cart, even if you aren't sure it's the one you want. Then when you finally decide, delete the unused names. What happens is that once you do a web search for the name someone fnds that information and uses it to purchase the name. If you go back later for it then your screwed, so don't let it go until your sure. And pass up up on ALL of the offers from GoDaddy and just buy the name and go over to Google or Yahoo and build the site and host it with them!

Thanks, I'm trying to set this up on gmail site, so it can be seen, I know one thing I'm like a computer not know much guy! But on this you don't have to buy anything, I'm playing with so I can learn more, I may have to get my son to help me hes good with stuff, I was hoping someone may have checked it on here, thanks again,:confused:

ritchiem
02-12-2009, 08:17 PM
do you mean http://sites.google.com/?

FYS777
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
do you mean http://sites.google.com/?

yes, know any thing about it?? I've been playing around with it like I said don,t much about computers only basics.

ritchiem
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Well it seems pretty basic. I just tried out a few thing on it. They also don't need a domain name either (not a good thing really). If you can make posts on LawnSite.com you should be able to make a website using their tool.

If you have any specific questions about it I can walk you through it...or at least try and help.

FYS777
02-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks for checking it out, Why would not needing a domain name not be good. I've been playing with it some, got a few pic, and a few things about our services.

ritchiem
02-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Well to put it easy...http://www.opensourcetutorials.com/tutorials/Getting-Started/Domain-Names/need-a-domain-name/page1.html

That is a good article to sum it up for you.

Show us your progress...I would like to see.