PDA

View Full Version : T3000 vs. PG Magnum Hill Test Videos

Real Green
02-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Shot a couple videos with my cell phone camera today, the quality is poor. We were having some fun, so I thought I'd share. Enjoy.

T3000 Hill Test 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noDSYMXRJEY)

Permagreen Hill Test Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3G4Nck4LkY)

Permagreen Outtake (It wouldn't start) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-KglBAItTo)

americanlawn
02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the videos! I saw alot of turf being torn up by the Permagreen, but 'smart steer' should take care of that. :laugh:

BTW it wasn't much of a slope. --- the T & the Z eat them for lunch. :laugh:

grassman177
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
that is what we call a lawn bump, you need a real hilll to impress us.!!! wait till spring i will get a video of me treating a serious hill that would make most grown men pee thier pants to mow like i do, yet alone ride on spray. but very fun to watch. thakns for the videos. that pg really tore the ground compared to the t-3000. what does that say for the pg i wonder? or was it just you horsin around that did that?

CHARLES CUE
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the show guys but thats not a hill bring them to WV we got hills
the people that make the t 3000 have a nice machine but need a lot of help with there videos they are real bad and dont tell you any thing the video for zspray sells me but not t3000 video come on guys find some one
the guys that do zspray videos do a top notch job on there videos
Charles Cue

Runner
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm sorry, but Give me a break. I could get on any hill on any machine and make it slip and spin like that, as well. I could get on the T3000 and make IT look super unstable by not leaning right, as well. I may also add, it looks to me that holding onto, steering, and handling that Turfco machine appears to be much more labor intensive than the PG. Let's not forget guys,...that the PG's are also designed to drop the bars and walk behind. I will take that on any ditch or hill before a steeper cross ride standing on a unit.
One other thing...Get someone with a Z spray, and let THEM go up next to the turfco and record it on video...

Jason Rose
02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I also am calling BS on the driver of the Permagreen. Who would run one like that? Pulling BACK on the handles while going up a slope, deliberately steering hard at all the wrong times. The PG was set up to look bad on that "test" video. I'm not saying it will do hills like that perfectly, but it can be done with a lot less drama than was portrayed in the video.

The Turfco looks like it would be a real battle for someone taller to turn, a lot of bending over to crank the wheel around.

clipfert
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Where is the hill??? Where is Permagreen Part I??

Jason Rose
02-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Where is the hill??? Where is Permagreen Part I??

It probably didn't slander the machine as much as they wanted so they used the 2nd part only.

pieperlc
02-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry, but Give me a break. I could get on any hill on any machine and make it slip and spin like that, as well. I could get on the T3000 and make IT look super unstable by not leaning right, as well. I may also add, it looks to me that holding onto, steering, and handling that Turfco machine appears to be much more labor intensive than the PG. Let's not forget guys,...that the PG's are also designed to drop the bars and walk behind. I will take that on any ditch or hill before a steeper cross ride standing on a unit.
One other thing...Get someone with a Z spray, and let THEM go up next to the turfco and record it on video...

I would have to agree. I've never used my pg to treat a ditch like that. I think I would have just went back and forth parallel to the road. :laugh: I think I'd have to spend some time at the bar first to keep the pattern consistent if I treated like you turfco guys.

Runner
02-11-2009, 08:10 PM
In all fairness, they were just using that lope as an example to show the maneuverability, but even with that, it just wasn't a whole effort...It was bad acting, at best - and it showed blatantly. you could tell by the body english and effort that went in to each machine.

pieperlc
02-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I know what they were doing, and I was joking about the treatment techniques. I agree about the leaning and such. If you were on a riding lawn mower doing the same thing and let it "whip" you around, it would.

RigglePLC
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Fun video. I was impressed at how easy it was to unload the T-3000, without running over the operator. And I also watched the related Turfco video on Youtube--I don't like to criticize, Turfco but...spraying without safety glasses? No gloves? Bermuda shorts? No socks? No rubber boots? You should be sure all controls are easily operable with gloves on your hands. Also, not enough shots of the cute spokesmodel.
Hijacking topic...I finally found a new way to agitate my Permagreen Ultra. I found a paint stirring vortex propeller whose 1/4-inch hex shaft fits into my cordless screwdriver. For beginning the mix--not for stir-on-the-go, of course. But maybe it is possible.

Jason Rose
02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
I found a paint stirring vortex propeller whose 1/4-inch hex shaft fits into my cordless screwdriver. For beginning the mix--not for stir-on-the-go, of course. But maybe it is possible.

I've done the same thing! Works great.

robertsturf
02-11-2009, 09:19 PM
I also noticed that on the T 3000 they did the pattern all the way down the ditch. With the Perma Green they just went in circles. Funny spread pattern. It show's just because you can operate a video camera and post something on YaahuTube doesn't make it so!! BTW I DO think that the T 3000 is a better machine than the PG. It just wasn't an unbiased demonstration.

spray master
02-11-2009, 09:56 PM
I agree with you about big Tall I demoed a t300 at gie and keeped hitting myself in the ding,ding with that damn knob.. Maybe if I was shorter then it would of not been so bad, but I don't think that would be the case..jmo:usflag:

Yeah, I also am calling BS on the driver of the Permagreen. Who would run one like that? Pulling BACK on the handles while going up a slope, deliberately steering hard at all the wrong times. The PG was set up to look bad on that "test" video. I'm not saying it will do hills like that perfectly, but it can be done with a lot less drama than was portrayed in the video.

The Turfco looks like it would be a real battle for someone taller to turn, a lot of bending over to crank the wheel around.

Real Green
02-12-2009, 12:05 AM
First and foremost... you guys need to relax. In all honesty, we were only having fun. This is not a Turfco video. We were putting away the units at the end of the day and thought we'd mess around with the little slope area. We understand it is not how you treat an area and we aren't trying to sell you on anything either way... RELAX I wonder how some of you get by in your daily life. Do you take yourselves as seriously as you do on this site?

grassman177
02-12-2009, 01:04 AM
i though maybe you were messing around after the loopy crap you all did especially on the pg, but the serious title leads one to believe otherwise. maybe the cover should be the same as the inside of the book!>? still fun to watch. who ever was on the pg looked drunk and i had to laugh.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-12-2009, 01:07 AM
WTF? Where did the videos go? Says they were taken down by poster?

grassman177
02-12-2009, 10:33 AM
he probably didnt want to stir up anymore crazy. bbeing a nice guy. we love to goof on our machines. what is fun is the big parking lot full of ice, that can be real fun!!. you guys ever spin out like that Real Green?

turfcobob
02-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I agree with you about big Tall I demoed a t300 at gie and keeped hitting myself in the ding,ding with that damn knob.. Maybe if I was shorter then it would of not been so bad, but I don't think that would be the case..jmo:usflag:

TooTall, You can move the knob to other positions and you only have to move the wheel 3/4 of a turn for a complete 180 turn and it puts you in line for your next pass on the lawn. I would not judge too harshly from a few minutes in a small crowded area.

mattfromNY
02-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Where's the videos? I want to see the T3000 in action! Dammit, I'm always a day late and a dollar short!