PDA

View Full Version : need help or link on scientific terms

wiseguyslawn
02-11-2009, 11:30 PM
i have gotten my 2 year degree in turfgrass, however as we covered the basics, and gained much needed knowledge can anyone give me a quick overview or link for the scientific chemicals and their use. Thanks

Runner
02-11-2009, 11:55 PM
scientific chemicals???

treegal1
02-12-2009, 12:51 AM
http://www.alanwood.net/pesticides/class_insecticides.html#juvenile_hormone_mimics

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-12-2009, 12:56 AM
scientific chemicals???

Ya, you know.....not the regular chemicals, The scientific chemicals:laugh:

treegal1
02-12-2009, 01:03 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:i was going to bust on him about the beer bong....:laugh::laugh:

here all the chemicals are here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodic_table

treegal1
02-12-2009, 01:07 AM
you guys missed the first joke the link was for the juvenile hormone mimics section:laugh::laugh:

Kiril
02-12-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.alanwood.net/pesticides/class_insecticides.html#juvenile_hormone_mimics

Here is another, but covers everything.

http://www.cas.org/expertise/cascontent/index.html

Ric
02-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Wiseguy

Maybe you are asking for a Horticulture Glossary such as this.

http://www.mrgrow.com/content/glossary.htm

KACYDS
02-12-2009, 09:14 PM
I found it......... Hope this helps..........:hammerhead:

wiseguyslawn
02-13-2009, 01:38 PM
funny guys,

scientific chemicals, names, terms, so one.

ex. ammonium sulfate,

"the chemicals that make up our products"

I forgot everyone is a know it all

Kiril
02-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I forgot everyone is a know it all

Nah .... just wiseguys. :laugh:

wiseguyslawn
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
right you are

wiseguyslawn
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
easy to make comments when your just a bystander.

Sorry its not smith lawn care like every other tom dick and harry

Kiril
02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Perhaps this then?

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/

Ric
02-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Wiseguy

Sorry But I am going to pound your attitude and Education. I can only guess the same attitude you have here towards the people who are trying to help you was the same attitude that prevailed while taking classes for two years. Because you sure aren't even asking the right question.

Did you not have Text Books and did you not save them for reference??? Most people posting here and trying to answer your questions are in fact self taught. They didn't have the advantage of a structured learning environment. Maybe you took the Short Bus Turf Grass course and that is why you have to come here and ask questions.

The Internet is a wonderful tool and can provide a world of information. But first "you must have a dog that can hunt" I mean you have to use the correct search terms. I taught Turf Grass management part time as a student instructor. The theory of a college education is to teach How to FIND answers not necessarily the answer. Apparently you missed out.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-13-2009, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=Ric;2768118]Wiseguy

Maybe you took the Short Bus Turf Grass course and that is why you have to come here and ask questions.

[QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

wiseguyslawn
02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Ric,
Thanks for a repectful reply. In no words was I trying to present an attitude towards anyone on this site, it has proven to be a helpful tool. However I get tired of some individuals just getting on here to find means of presenting sarcasim and jokes towards people's questions. Some people do have more experience than others, but I was always told no question is a dumb question. In regards to keeping references yes why wouldn't I at the cost I spent plus for my education. Sometimes this site can produce some quick feedback. I chose to finish up with a bachelor's in environmental science so some of the earlier teachings do tend toslip your mind. Thanks for the advice and to everyone else sorry for major inconvenience.

phasthound
02-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Ric,
Thanks for a repectful reply. In no words was I trying to present an attitude towards anyone on this site, it has proven to be a helpful tool. However I get tired of some individuals just getting on here to find means of presenting sarcasim and jokes towards people's questions. Some people do have more experience than others, but I was always told no question is a dumb question. In regards to keeping references yes why wouldn't I at the cost I spent plus for my education. Sometimes this site can produce some quick feedback. I chose to finish up with a bachelor's in environmental science so some of the earlier teachings do tend toslip your mind. Thanks for the advice and to everyone else sorry for major inconvenience.

Don't worry about it, it's a tough crowd here. I find they keep me on my toes. :) Go ahead and ask questions, just stop and think about it before you type.

daveyo
02-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Ric,

I did the same thing but my two year degree was Science and Mathematics, my four year was Environmental Science. That's what we were always taught "no question is a dumb one". Although I asked some pretty dumb ones, it always took me two and three times reading the book before it clicked :dizzy: I'm not sure what your asking though. If you need scientific names of chemicals just go to lesco.com look up the product you think you'll be using and you'll get all the info you need. If your still in need of answers Google the common name and or the scientific name of any chemical and you'll get lots of info.

jackel1618
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Ric;2768118]Wiseguy

Maybe you took the Short Bus Turf Grass course and that is why you have to come here and ask questions.

[QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::cool2:I didn't want to say anything but I'm taking courses now and They list the Names in the Books....Plus just visit your State Agricultural Site