PDA

View Full Version : Postcards or Mass mailing/coupon magazine?

jemvai
02-12-2009, 07:55 AM
OK guys I was originally going to do postcards, however I have an opportunity to go into a full color coupon mailer with a half page ad, It goes out every 3 months and is all full color and glossy. It will hit 50,000 homes. for 750.00

With my postcards i was going for about 1250 for 1400 bucks.

50,000 is huge, but they will have to look through it to find it, however it is only about 23 pages.

With the postcard they WILL see it. hhmm

But 50,000 is a huge number, what do you guys think,

I will gladly take any advice..

1MajorTom
02-12-2009, 09:08 AM
50,000 is a large number.
A couple of things to consider.
Has the number (50,000) been over-inflated by the company putting out the coupon book?
Consider all the area that the coupon book will be going to. Are those all areas that you want to work in? How many of those homes/apartments would be someone you wouldn't normally want as a customer?

With a postcard, you can hand select the areas that you want to work in, and send all those postcards to potential customers that you really want.
However, 1250 is not many postcards. I assume the $1400 is including postage, however, I would try to look for a better price on those postcards. I would try to bump up the amount of postcards to at least 5,000. I think for 1250 postcards, $1400 is too much. If you could get a better deal on postcards, i would go with postcards over the coupon book.
Just my 2 cents.

jemvai
02-12-2009, 09:16 AM
50,000 is a large number.
A couple of things to consider.
Has the number (50,000) been over-inflated by the company putting out the coupon book?
Consider all the area that the coupon book will be going to. Are those all areas that you want to work in? How many of those homes/apartments would be someone you wouldn't normally want as a customer?

With a postcard, you can hand select the areas that you want to work in, and send all those postcards to potential customers that you really want.
However, 1250 is not many postcards. I assume the $1400 is including postage, however, I would try to look for a better price on those postcards. I would try to bump up the amount of postcards to at least 5,000. I think for 1250 postcards, $1400 is too much. If you could get a better deal on postcards, i would go with postcards over the coupon book.
Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the input,They are not over inflated and dont go to apartments or urban area's. Just seems like a good price for 50,000, If half the people throw em out that's still 25,000, tough decision

DLAWNS
02-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I personally prefer postcards. Like you said, at least just about everyone that gets it will at least look at it or even read it. I feel that not enough people look through those coupon books. Just my opinion.

LouisianaLawnboy
02-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Tough times more people looking at coupons. Just my 2 cents.