PDA

View Full Version : Dismiss vs. Sedge Hammer

fireman1173005
02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Ok I have a customer with Nutsedge or nut grass, and while I was in Lesco the sales rep recommended Dismiss. I was at a farm store and they had Sedge Hammer for nutgrass. The Sedge Hammer is a little cheaper. I have seen good reports on this site about Dismiss. Anyone ever used Sedge Hammer? Which one do you prefer?

Brian

gregory
02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
i have used both to me dismiss worked better....

CrownLawnSvc
02-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I have used Sedge Hammer with really good success. I was reading up on Dismiss and thinking I may try it on my parents yard this year. I like the idea, because it is broader spectrum.

mrkosar
02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Sedgehammer has worked good for me to kill it off, but it has came back year after year in the same spots. This past year I used Dismiss and am anxious to see if it killed it for good.

PSUTURFGEEK
02-12-2009, 08:05 PM
This may help with your decision, number one and the most important thing is, Dismiss is a newer chemical and it actually goes after the nutlet and will help to eliminate the problem, sedgehammer will go after the top growth and thats all. The other big factor is cost, do the math lets say you pay 100.00 for sedgehammer and 179.00 for Dismiss, that bottle of sedgehammer will do one acre while the Dismiss will cover four acres, it's a no brainer better product less cost, my point is, too many people just look at the bottle price or the bag price use cost per m2 I promise it will never fail you.

gregory
02-12-2009, 10:26 PM
good point psu alot of people don't look at things thats way...

fireman1173005
02-12-2009, 11:45 PM
thanks for all of the input. I agree with u PSU. I noticed it treated more area. I usually like anything my lesco man recommends, just wanted to get someones input who has used it. Also FYI, they have a chemical out that is for sale at Lesco that is a pre-emergent for Nutsedge. I can't remember the name I will look next week when I am in. I was way expensive though. Also he said only one customer has used it as a pre-emerg for Nutsedge and of course it's to soon to tell.
Brian

Fert33
02-12-2009, 11:59 PM
This may help with your decision, number one and the most important thing is, Dismiss is a newer chemical and it actually goes after the nutlet and will help to eliminate the problem, sedgehammer will go after the top growth and thats all. The other big factor is cost, do the math lets say you pay 100.00 for sedgehammer and 179.00 for Dismiss, that bottle of sedgehammer will do one acre while the Dismiss will cover four acres, it's a no brainer better product less cost, my point is, too many people just look at the bottle price or the bag price use cost per m2 I promise it will never fail you.

I have been using sedgehammer, I think after that breakdown I am going to make the switch!!! :clapping:

PSUTURFGEEK
02-13-2009, 12:25 AM
The preemergant product you were asking about is called Echelon, this is a combination of Barricade and Dismiss tyed to fert.

fireman1173005
02-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Yea that is it! Have you used it? Any luck for Nutsedge? What other weeds did you use it on? Results?

grassman177
02-13-2009, 12:44 AM
it did not contain labeling for blue and fescue that last time looked or am i confused. the labe i just read does however. i wonder about hte effectiveness for nutsedge when it will applied so early vs nutsedge germination. and what is the cost? thanks for anyone that has taken the bold move and tried it already.