PDA

View Full Version : lawn sign

Surferbum21
02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
ordering 1000 6x6 one side yellow with green print from R & D signs. what info do i need to put on these for after applications? I have company logo at top with number. "lawn treated today" date and "keep off until dry"??? or what do you guys put? tried finding some when driving around to go off of but none. thanks in advance!

Ruben Rocha
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
You need to call your state agency on the requirements.
In Florida there are certain requirements, Size, Wording and material sign is made of.
If you don't know who to contact start with your County agricultural extension service.

zurfsturfcare
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
yup, check with your state, in ohio there is a set sign that u must use, no company logo's allowed

grass4gas
02-12-2009, 06:28 PM
+3 with check your local state regs.

Here in Delaware we are fortunate that we are not required to post signs. I post as a courtesy to let people know that an application was done, and for some advertisment.

I have the 6x6 signs. Keep the wording simple and concise if your allowed to make your own sign. I also do ornamental shrub apps, and have a line for both the lawn and shrub apps. I just check off which one was done, or check them both if I did each one.

Jack

JB1
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
yeah + 4 , the sign company probably has the information you need, I know Blackburn has the info.

LawnTamer
02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Sweet! I am #5. I feel so cool. Check with the state. Here in Utah, we don't need to even post, it is basically a form of advertising....so my signs are big and full color with coupons on the back, and they work.payup

Ric
02-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Yo

Companies that specialize in printing posting sign already know each state's laws about post signs. When placing an order the salesman on the phone, he will advise you what those regulations are and be sure to print you a legal sign.

Think Green
02-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I am another that the state does not require you to flag a lawn after application. We do it to advertise mainly. I have access to a Farm Supply store that sell bundles of premade lawn signs; vinyl flag with 18" vinyl stake. They are bundled in 50 and cost around .08 cents. Seems economical to me.
They are white with black lettering. As far as the company name, we have a stamp made to mark the back of the flag. Phone number is hand written on the front along with the time and date of the application.. .

How much are you guys paying for 1000 after initial print set up and delivery?

mngrassguy
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
RND knows what size and what they must say for each state. They will also imprint your name and # for an additional fee. I usually buy the signs without the imprint and take them to my local printer who already has my logo on file. I get the signs cheaper and a lot faster that way.

VARMIT COMMISSION
02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
How about company name, and a phone number. All that other stuff is unneeded. Keep it simple and make the phone number huge. 6 x 6 is really small. 80-90% of all my new customers come from my signs. If you cant read it from inside of your truck, they sure the heck aint gunna get out and walk across a lawn to get your phone #. Drive around and look at different designs. They are everywhere.

ted putnam
02-12-2009, 11:44 PM
How about company name, and a phone number. All that other stuff is unneeded. Keep it simple and make the phone number huge. 6 x 6 is really small. 80-90% of all my new customers come from my signs. If you cant read it from inside of your truck, they sure the heck aint gunna get out and walk across a lawn to get your phone #. Drive around and look at different designs. They are everywhere.

That's what I do. I get them from A.M. Leonard. 4x5, 18 inch vinyl stake Safety Green with black lettering so they really show up. Cost between 90&100/1000 with shipping(usually have them within a week). By far the best advertising bucks I spend. Lets my customer know I've been there and shows everybody else who even comes near who made that lawn look awesome.

superintendent
02-24-2009, 03:47 PM
That's what I do. I get them from A.M. Leonard. 4x5, 18 inch vinyl stake Safety Green with black lettering so they really show up. Cost between 90&100/1000 with shipping(usually have them within a week). By far the best advertising bucks I spend. Lets my customer know I've been there and shows everybody else who even comes near who made that lawn look awesome.

Can you give the number to A.M Leonard for the flags. Thanks

superintendent
02-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Can you give the number to A.M Leonard for the flags. Thanks

I would like to see some of yalls signs. The signs that you put at the end of the driveway to tell people that you have been there. I'm trying to come up with a logo to put on mine.