PDA

View Full Version : Google Ranking dropped from 3rd page to 11th

Flow Control
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
You SEO pros take it easy on me.

What are the common reasons for such a drop over night. I am in a large market and was slowing creeping up. For example 2-3 weeks ago I was on Page 9 and this past week I was creeping up to the page 2 and wham!! today it drops to the 11th page in one market and from the 4th page to the 9th page in another market.

ritchiem
02-12-2009, 08:15 PM
what is the URL of your site?

Flow Control
02-15-2009, 10:45 AM
mybackflowtesting

Thanks for the advice from the post that got erased, I will look into blogging or building 5-6 links a month.
Anyways after 2 days it had a jump from 11 to 4 so maybe next time I won't get so :dizzy: when it happens again.

Ritcheim: I like how you pounded your title/keywords into the header and footer which is basically out of view but still get counted by the bots.

precisionpower
02-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Your first two meta tags are more than likely being read as spam by the search engines. Repetitive keywords are a no-no in meta tags. Also, check your PM box, there's a big one in there that should shoot your ranking up.

Team-Green L&L
02-17-2009, 03:49 PM
You are using a Godaddy site builder. Website Tonight does not offer as many features as it should for SEO, but there are a few things you can do to get your rank back. From my first look, it does not seem the keyword-stuffing caused this penalty. Give me a sec and I'll post my findings so everyone else can be informed as well. Prevention is the best fix to Google issues. It will take 30-40 days to get that listing back. The good news is that Page 3 and 11 are about the same in click-through rates...less than 1%.

Team-Green L&L
02-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Okay, the first thing that jumps out at me is all that darn Java in the head. Put all that code in a separate .js file and call it to action with html code. That can seriously affect the rankings.

Secondly, organize that content with hidden text like this:

<!--CSS Styles code here-->

All the style code

<!--Body Text Here-->

and ect.

Right now, Website Tonight defaults the orgaization text to numbers like this:

<!-- 12 -->

What does a number tell a GoogleBot? Nothing...

3. Get some alt tags on your images. Alt tags are used for the visually-impaired, but the text is also read by the GoogleBots and when there is not alt tag on an image, it is a negative thing.

4. Add some more content. CONTENT IS KING! Use article databases and press releases for your off-site content. Make your article appeal to DIY users. They are the best traffic to information and most article sites will not allow direct promos.