PDA

View Full Version : Marketing in 2009

tonyGub
02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
I think it would be a great idea to share some of our marketing strategies for 2009. I will not be spending as much on mailers, magazines, and postcards. I have already terminated my relationship with the "marketing guru". My thinking this year is to spend more time networking with other professionals to crank up the referrals. As far as post cards etc. I plan on only targeting the very high end clients and making sure they see my name consitently all year long. Last year our marketing dollars were wasted but I think the downturn was the reason the marketing was so bad. This year every dollar we spend must bring a return. What are your plans this year.

MAGLIGHTING
02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I think it would be a great idea to share some of our marketing strategies for 2009. I will not be spending as much on mailers, magazines, and postcards. I have already terminated my relationship with the "marketing guru". My thinking this year is to spend more time networking with other professionals to crank up the referrals. As far as post cards etc. I plan on only targeting the very high end clients and making sure they see my name consitently all year long. Last year our marketing dollars were wasted but I think the downturn was the reason the marketing was so bad. This year every dollar we spend must bring a return. What are your plans this year.

Who is the marketing Guru and why did you terminate your relationship with him?

NightLightingFX
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
tonyGub,
I can understand your frustration regarding marketing. Personally, I am REALLY excited about my new seasonal e-mail newsletter I am developing for my customers, professionals and anyones else I want to connect with. Not a lot of risk - $15 for 500 names. Vertical Response is who I am going through.
~Ned

tonyGub
02-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Who is the marketing Guru and why did you terminate your relationship with him?

Its a local company that I was referred to by a friend that does landscaping. After a year of little to no results both in direct mail, and internet marketing; and spending over 40K I feel I must take charge of my own marketing campaign. His answer all year was stick to the plan and it takes time. The marketing did not yield enough to cover its costs. Time and money is something I will not be wasting this year.

tonyGub
02-12-2009, 09:34 PM
tonyGub,
I can understand your frustration regarding marketing. Personally, I am REALLY excited about my new seasonal e-mail newsletter I am developing for my customers, professionals and anyones else I want to connect with. Not a lot of risk - $15 for 500 names. Vertical Response is who I am going through.
~Ned

I am excited as well about 2009 and the opportunities available. I like your idea of a newsletter. Are you doing this yourself or having a company handle it? I am not very creative when it comes to writing articles.

NightLightingFX
02-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Doing it myself.

LightYourNight
02-13-2009, 03:56 AM
What type of content do you plan on including in your e letter?

NightLightingFX
02-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I want to keep it simple with some pictures of my work. "Feature Project" topic: a pic of a recent project I am proud of to show-off with a breif description.

"Seasonal" topic: a pic of my work that will describe the seasonal advantages of outdoor lighting. Winter-how to involve outdoor lighting in your plans for your landscape & building project to do in spring. Spring-Increase living space & creating mood and atmosphere. Fall-Safety and security, also enjoy your landscape at night.

"New Technology" topic: Obviously LED will be discussed
~Ned