PDA

View Full Version : need help with bermuda...

jwlawncare
02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi ya'll

I need Help. I cut only 8 yards just to supplement income. I only cut, do not spray pesticides, herbisides, or weed killers. Have not had time to learn about the differant programs. I know that I am missing out on some extra income here. The help I need is on my yard which is on NC/SC border. I need a good fert program. I also have some weeds I need help with some stray onions and also some stuff that looks like chick weed, it has little purple flowers. What would be the best thing to spray on it that will not kill my grass. Thanks in advance.

Think Green
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Weed B Gone products!
check the lawn pH
Weeds are indicators of soil deficiencies.

go to "thelawninstitute.org/education/?" and google all the basic information on soil problems associated with too much water, too much organic matter, compaction, pH problems nutrient deficiencies. Lime--sulfur!

ted putnam
02-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi ya'll

I need Help. I cut only 8 yards just to supplement income. I only cut, do not spray pesticides, herbisides, or weed killers. Have not had time to learn about the differant programs. I know that I am missing out on some extra income here. The help I need is on my yard which is on NC/SC border. I need a good fert program. I also have some weeds I need help with some stray onions and also some stuff that looks like chick weed, it has little purple flowers. What would be the best thing to spray on it that will not kill my grass. Thanks in advance.

The weed is called henbit. Check with your county extension office. Take a soil sample and have them recommend a program for your specific area and even your specific lawn.