PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting customers

stuntmanlogan
02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Alright ive been in the buisness for about 4 years and love every minute of it. Im curently in highschool graduating this year and so i really want to get alot more customers this year my goal is atleast 30 customers hopefully more. The most customers ive gotten was around 10-12 and they are all but a few from a guy who works with my dad and last year was the first year i tried advertising i hung a couple of flyers at the local grocery stores and bought truck magnets for both sides of my truck witch only ended up only getting me one customer who only needed me when he called. So this year i would really like to increase customers but i need help with it. So is what im asking is for any tips to advertising and whats helped you the most. Thanks

DLAWNS
02-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I would just suggest making some fliers and putting them out at peoples houses. To get thirty customers you'll need to put out quite a few fliers. I also suggest doing a refer a friend program with your existing customers. If they refer you to a friend, neighbor, or relative and you get the account, you give them a small discount. Just some thoughts.

stuntmanlogan
02-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I would just suggest making some fliers and putting them out at peoples houses. To get thirty customers you'll need to put out quite a few fliers. I also suggest doing a refer a friend program with your existing customers. If they refer you to a friend, neighbor, or relative and you get the account, you give them a small discount. Just some thoughts.

Alright thanks for responding, I deffenetly have to get out some more fliers but im going to try to do the refer thing to.

RickR1818
02-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Get a website up, nothing flashy just services and contact info. Post a link to your site anywhere you can on the internet. Look at putting an ad in your local paper or weekly advertiser. Get business cards made and give them to everyone you talk to. You should be telling everyone you talk to what you do.

LouisianaLawnboy
02-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Alright ive been in the buisness for about 4 years and love every minute of it. Im curently in highschool graduating this year and so i really want to get alot more customers this year my goal is atleast 30 customers hopefully more. The most customers ive gotten was around 10-12 and they are all but a few from a guy who works with my dad and last year was the first year i tried advertising i hung a couple of flyers at the local grocery stores and bought truck magnets for both sides of my truck witch only ended up only getting me one customer who only needed me when he called. So this year i would really like to increase customers but i need help with it. So is what im asking is for any tips to advertising and whats helped you the most. Thanks

WOW same position as me. I'm a HS senior this year. Anyway I got a few customers last year by advertising in a good classified paper in the Lawnmower section.

Also if you have some friends tell them you will give them CASH if they get you a steady customer.

tradeyouraccounts
02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Hook up with another service guy like pest control or window cleaning company and cross promote each other services. Best of luck.:dancing:

rnd
02-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Go to RNDSIGNS.COM (http://rndsigns.com). Hundreds of advertising ideas for the green industry from all over the U.S. Request a FREE marketing handbook.

garmel
02-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I got most of my business through an ad in Sunday's paper. Try that and word-of-mouth......let people know what you do and that you are looking for new customers.

mow2nd
02-22-2009, 01:17 PM
find a neighborhood, put some flyers in the neighborhood and tell them that you'll be back tomorrow to mow their lawns for a set price(whatever is the going price for your area, you may knock off $5 to $10.) if they want to have their lawn mowed, tell them to tape the flyer to the front door by 8am along with a name, address and number. go back the next day and you'll be surprised at how many flyers will be on the front door. then do the job, and leave a bill. Then get them on a regular schedule.

Midstate Lawncare
02-23-2009, 11:20 PM
find a neighborhood, put some flyers in the neighborhood and tell them that you'll be back tomorrow to mow their lawns for a set price(whatever is the going price for your area, you may knock off $5 to $10.) if they want to have their lawn mowed, tell them to tape the flyer to the front door by 8am along with a name, address and number. go back the next day and you'll be surprised at how many flyers will be on the front door. then do the job, and leave a bill. Then get them on a regular schedule.

I read this section everyday, and this has to be the most unique idea I have ever heard. Good thinkin'