PDA

View Full Version : Bosch hammer/drill

Twitchy
02-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Does anybody own or have used this Bosch 11263EVS 1-3/4-Inch SDS-max Rotary Hammer before. If so, can i get some reviews. I have an old sm bosch hammer drill that's had better days, so its time to upgrade.Thanks for the help.

Bru75
02-13-2009, 12:07 AM
I haven't used that particular model, but I have no complaints with the Bosch rotary hammer that I have.

n2h20
02-13-2009, 12:51 AM
im not sure on my exact number but mine is about 2-3 years old and it works great. not real good at busting up concrete,,, small stuff no problems,

zedosix
02-13-2009, 08:34 AM
I have one just like that, we used it a few times, but not one of those got to have tools. We used it to chip off a small layer of cement that someone butchered a concrete stoop with. Works good though if thats what you want to know.

Twitchy
02-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I basically need this tool for light demo and stone drilling. Drilling holes in blue stone caps and concrete for electrical wiring. Bosch's tech sheet says that will drill a 4'' core hole. That would be nice for core cuts in pavers for pool ladder inserts.

Lite4
02-13-2009, 01:21 PM
It's a very good drill for light duty drilling and chipping.

JimmyStew
02-13-2009, 08:44 PM
We used a Bosch just like that from the rental place this winter to drill a 1 1/2" hole through a 3' thick concrete wall. It was an older model but the thing was a beast. It took the abuse a lot better than I did.

StoneFaced
02-13-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't have the exact model, but mine is one of my favorite tools. I really don't think you would have any problems w/ the right cutter. Mine would almost take your arm off before you would be able to seize it. Almost every power tool I have is either Bosh or Porter Cable. If Bosh says it can do it, it probably can. If your not sure find a dealer or tool show and do a demo.

2low4NH
02-14-2009, 12:01 AM
i like mine better then my hilti

CertPro
02-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Light demo and stone drilling you should be fine. We've used ours for similar tasks with no problems.

OEY3
02-17-2009, 09:21 AM
I had one that was destroyed by hurricane Katrina. Bosch replaced it with a reconditioned unit at no charge. Pretty cool. Unfortunately some thief stole it before I had a chance to use it even once. Loss upon loss really stinks! Vowed to purchase Bosch whenever possible.

The Lighting Geek
02-17-2009, 08:05 PM
We use rotor-hammers almost everyday we have always burned up the Bosch units. We switched to Hilti 056 and that thing cuts thru aggregate like butter. We also switched to Hilti bits which made all the difference in the world. I drill thru boulders of all types, angle drill with 36" long by 1" with no problem. That is a lot of bit to be dragging on the motor. The Hilti cost me 2 times more than the equivalent Bosch, and I was very skeptical believe me. It was the best purchase I have made for the amount of use it gets.