PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this!

Joshuakwhit
02-12-2009, 10:36 PM
I saw this while playingh on you tube. I thought you might get a kick out of it.

http://www.aerationfreedom.com/BizInBox.html

:hammerhead::confused::cry:

4.3mudder
02-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Very interesting.

Fert33
02-13-2009, 12:00 AM
What do you do if your like 6'-6"?? That guy has to bend over to reach that thing and he is struggling to reach 6' with his boots on. Nice concept, but needs a handle extension for those of us that are a little taller. I would have to look at it in person though to really evaluate it.

ted putnam
02-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Who needs fert-n-squirt, I'm going in to the Aeration Business :clapping: :hammerhead:

Joshuakwhit
02-13-2009, 06:57 AM
I never knew aerating to be so easy!

turfsolutions
02-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Sorry but that is old technology. There are better aerators out there now.

LushGreenLawn
02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
They want $1600 for a $400 coupon, and a DVD telling you how to start an aeration business?

Jason Rose
02-13-2009, 07:29 PM
1. Around here aerations are done in about a ONE month window in the fall. Unless you are doing sports turf/golf courses there's no money 11 months out of the year in aerations. Of course you aren't doing any of the big jobs with a walk behind machine.

2. I'm lost? Are they selling you the turfco aerator and then you get a bunch of dvd's and sales stuff with it? I can pick up or print off FREE brochures about the positives for aeration. When it comes to sales, you either got it or you don't. People that are naturally NOT good sales people, and get these books that teach them always sound as phony as baloney reading from a script.

3. I've never seen the Turfco machine in operation, only the brochures I get a few times a year from them. wow. You are right, you must be under about 5'10" to run that stand on one. That thing would KILL my back. And how he turned it when on that little strip between those driveways... yikes, it would take all day to do a lawn if you turned like that every time.

That's it for me. I guess I felt like bashing someone.

Runner
02-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow...I got wore out just watching that guy....I'm going to take a nap!

Actually...this is just another marketing program - like so many others out there. Everyone is jusping onto the lawn care/maintenance bandwagon, and some people see a bigger picture...These are the guys that try to sell this stuff (and some do). From the start of Phil Nielson (lol), to Gopherhaul, to RealGreen systems, to this, and the list goes on and on. There are more books, manuals, cd's, instructional video, and marketing programs out there now, than you can count. The ones that get me are the ones like this...The guys that are marketing an actual marketing PROGRAM. Just like all the other industries that market their "how to sell "this or that" programs.

Blink74
02-14-2009, 04:53 PM
YES! Change my life. I've always wanted to be a millionaire.

Seriously, It probably costs this guy next to nothing for this site. If one ignorant person a year sends him a check he's in the black.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-14-2009, 06:23 PM
This is a personal favorite of mine...:laugh: Although many of the lowballer guys cutting lawns should read it & they might realize they don't make much money, after all:hammerhead:

Blink74
02-14-2009, 06:34 PM
I only aerate because I have to. That's a serious pain in the ass. I'm exhausted at the end of a long day of aerating. I've told people: "I will do it, but, if you see a guy in your neighborhood that'll do it cheaper, have him do it." I sure as hell wouldn't't want to do it as a sole source of income.

Real Green
02-14-2009, 06:58 PM
That's it for me. I guess I felt like bashing someone.

That seems to be a common trait for you... I'm not surprsied. As for a response in terms of being a certain size to run a piece of equipment, a video does not explain size advantages or disadvantages. The only way to understanding this matter is to actually run the equipment. I know the gentleman in the film running the aerator quite well... he's never complained after the years of running that equipment about a size problem...

kjslawn
02-14-2009, 07:02 PM
I do them as a way to start income early in the spring or in the fall after mowing is over. I would much rather sit on a mower than manhandle an aerator. The best I have seen is the PLUGR and the new one by Lawn solutions. If I could afford it I would buy a grasshopper and get the attachment for the front of it and sit my happy butt down and aerate in style.

Ducke
02-14-2009, 07:20 PM
I want the custom lightweight tee shirt with professional Aeration Logo.:laugh:

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I have a Z-Plug & they are much less exhausting than a walk behind:)

Jason Rose
02-14-2009, 08:17 PM
That seems to be a common trait for you... I'm not surprsied.

Really? I think you have me confused with someone else :confused: I RARELY throw out negative opinions towards anything. Certianly nothing like a lot of other members on here do. I threw the "I guess I felt like bashing something" as a joke really. There was several posts just as negative as mine, if not more-so.

Uranus
02-14-2009, 09:11 PM
ok, so I watch this guys video and then at the bottom of screen pops up some other videos. Saw the bikini girls mowing and watched a little of that. Then those little pop ups were all little girls booty shakin.

Jason,what about that grumpy response you had for me the other day about photoshop.

Jason Rose
02-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Jason,what about that grumpy response you had for me the other day about photoshop.

Simply pointing out a fact that any picture anymore could be photoshopped, and that it's really hard to tell fact from fiction in pictures online. I sure didn't think I was grumpy about it.

jaylawns
02-19-2009, 11:49 PM
You know i bought the DVD and being very skeptical I thought what the heck .....if I learn one good point out of it then its worth it ....the adage this guy says is very true...." if you do what you've always done....you'll get what you've always gotten ...and for most of us an additional rev stream is very cool ......I'm going to apply the tips on this very cool DVD and use them in my current lawn care biz ...and Ill start the aerating thing too . I mean i wont be pushin the machine myself anyway i'll be paying a Worker to it ........I need to be out selling not pushin an aerator ..theres loads of guys lookin for labour jobs now!!!! Anyway the DVD was no BS and awsome..im excited

Runner
02-20-2009, 03:53 AM
LOL!!! This is just too funny! I am almost INSULTED by this as it not only insults MY intelligence, but that of the other professional members as well.
Things on this thread take a little bit of a sort of negative connotation about this rather cheesy marketing scheme, then suddenly;....Enter... a brand new member, that has NOTHING to post but how GOOD this NEW program is working,..and "Has anyone else seen it? It is amazing, and is full of great concepts that I am going to put to use - even by paying "common labor" to do this." (To relate to many of the operators on here...).
I mean,..Are you kidding me? Well,...now that it's called out,...we'll see just how many posts this "new member" continues to contribute on - in other subjects. Yeah,..sure,..now that even THIS is said, this will run the number up..But give us some good posts over a bunch of time to gain your credibility..and we'll see how far it goes. What a joke... This is not the first attempt by a"ghost member" to up a product, and I am sure it won't be the last...But crymenies...atLEAST use some tact,..and go beyond the "spam" intelligence and mentality... :hammerhead::laugh:

lawn king
02-20-2009, 06:30 AM
I wish i had it as easy as the dude in the video. Im still using mid eightys lesco 30's. I have welded an additional 18 lb plate to the front T bars to attain consistant 3" penetration. Talk about working you nuts off!

Exact Rototilling
02-20-2009, 03:42 PM
You know i bought the DVD and being very skeptical I thought what the heck .....if I learn one good point out of it then its worth it ....the adage this guy says is very true...." if you do what you've always done....you'll get what you've always gotten ...and for most of us an additional rev stream is very cool ......I'm going to apply the tips on this very cool DVD and use them in my current lawn care biz ...and Ill start the aerating thing too . I mean i wont be pushin the machine myself anyway i'll be paying a Worker to it ........I need to be out selling not pushin an aerator ..theres loads of guys lookin for labour jobs now!!!! Anyway the DVD was no BS and awsome..im excited
Most customers who want aeration have a sprinkler system - at least in my area. They need to be flagged. Also running the aerator needs to be done by somebody who cares. The potential for damage especially with a cam operated aerator is very high. You can loose a ton on money on ruined sprinkler head, lines etc. if not done correctly. Hired help also leaves a ton of plugs all over the drive and walks.

I view aeration as one of my flagship introductory service for my LCO business. No way I'm going to turn someone loose with my Plugr and piss off current, future or past customers by hitting sprinkler heads and leaving a mess. You'd be better off hiring a flyer guy or salesman and do the aerations yourself. Then again the person dropping off your flyer will forever be associated with your business if the person is home and talks with them. You need to fairly knowledgeable about turf issues as well.

All the Best :waving:

Runner
02-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I wish i had it as easy as the dude in the video. Im still using mid eightys lesco 30's. I have welded an additional 18 lb plate to the front T bars to attain consistant 3" penetration. Talk about working you nuts off!

Man, I LOVED my lesco 30 when I had it. I took to cheap barbell weights (10 pounders or so) and tied the together with a loop of rope (with some extra rope in between). I could just hang these on the T of the front caster arm. Man, this made a TREMENDOUS difference in not only ease of use, but in the performance (of penetration) and handling of the machine. I made a bracket that allowed me to hook up a stand on sulky, and this made a huge difference, too. I used to love the way that thing would just "walk" anywhere...Especially for doing slopes and hills.

Exact Rototilling
03-05-2009, 01:09 AM
I really would like to see if the marketing material is any better than what is publically available in the industry?

Seems that the price for the biz in box is lower now? :rolleyes:

JPsDuramax
03-05-2009, 06:36 AM
I personally use a 48" pull behind Aerator. Most lawns I do are easily an acre plus and would take a while with a walk behind model. With a full tank, I can acheive 3 1/2" penetration. The downside to the pull behind model is if you turn too hard you tear the turf. Just my .02

DUSTYCEDAR
03-05-2009, 09:02 AM
if i get a hat ill buy it

philk17088
03-05-2009, 09:55 AM
if i get a hat ill buy it
I'm holding out for a beer cushie!

Exact Rototilling
03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
:laugh:
I'm holding out for a beer cushie!

Instead of paying my graphics person to work up marketing material I thought maybe this kit has something to make it worth the $119

I don't care about a coupon for a Turfco Aerator - I already have a Plugr aerator that pulls a boat load of plugs.

Forget the hat and shirt I'm looking for solid marketing material that goes beyond what is available publically from other marketing companies mentioned here in the Business section. Surely someone has purchased one by now. Please post your thoughts and how great it is. :rolleyes:

Then again if my cash flow from aeration tanks this year due to homeowners cutting back on expenses I will sell my Plugr along with "Aeration Freedom" biz in box material [if I buy it] along with my out of print book with the "shockingly similar sub title" [exact same sub title] as this package to the unsuspecting neighbor kid for $3700. He can then truly start his business next weekend. .

Time will tell.

ps.

Since this Co. is now sponsor maybe THEY can post some samples of their marketing material with a water mark so we can get some sort of an idea what is involved.