PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Toro’s forum on Lawnsite.com

Michael J. Donovan
02-13-2009, 10:01 AM
We look forward to hearing from you -- and more importantly, communicating with you -- using the features of this site. Landscape professionals have counted on The Toro Company as a turf care industry leader since 1914. We work hard to understand your challenges and to put that expertise to work developing better solutions for you. In times like these, when every choice counts, we strive to give you the most for your money by delivering equipment that’s productive, reliable, durable, and above of all, that makes you more profitable. We’ll use this forum to update you on some of our latest productivity-improving innovations, like our GrandStand™ stand-on mowers and Z Master® G3 zero-turn riders, but we also expect to hear from you -- and learn how we can continue to improve our products to make your lives, and work, easier…whether you’re operating a mower or a business.

All_Toro_4ME
02-13-2009, 10:42 AM
:clapping:

Glad to see this. Long overdue.

Valk
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
I would like to point out an error in your '08 Commericial Landscape Equipment manual:

- at the bottom of pg 22 the left-hand column should be titled "FIXED DECKS" (not FLOATING DECKS [twice]).

http://www.toro.com/professional/lce/brochure/eng_08/70895_490-7664.pdf ~ Scroll/go to pg 22...

Toro products have been good to me!

South Florida Lawns
02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
I own a toro Z Master, I have been very impressed, machine is solid and leaves a great cut.

DLAWNS
02-13-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm very excited to see that you guys have your own forum now. As you can see from my signature, I'm a fan. I own a Toro Z Master 52", a Toro Personal Pace 21" and really want a Toro Grandstand. Hopefully soon. I look forward to speaking with you guys in the future. Welcome to the site!

QualityLawnCare4u
02-13-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm also glad to see them here. Toro makes a great mower,as good as any. Wished I had a decent dealer here to buy from that does not think you should bow at his feet when you walk in! I owned a zmaster 500 series for a short time last summer and loved it. I sold it just where I would never have to deal with the guy here. If you don't buy it from him, forget the warranty!

elite lawns
02-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Welcome toro take a look around if you have any question don't be afraid to ask. Just fool'in around glad to see you guys

lawnprosteveo
02-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Glad to see Toro here. I run all Toro now and love them. They cut great and are very durable. Dealer support is excellent too. I hope to save up for the Grandstand soon!

Horizon Lawn
02-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Just wandering when Toro is going to put some dealers back in my area. I have run toro for the past 7 yrs and love there equipment but now i dont have a dealer within 50 miles of me. I would love to have a good dealer near me so that i can purchase some equipment and have a dealer that i can count on.

Supper Grassy
02-14-2009, 07:52 PM
I am glad to see this.

welcome toro

garmel
02-15-2009, 09:52 PM
I love my Toro's.

Eric Vest
02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
My father and myself prize our Lawn Boy 2-cycle mowers. Please bring back the 2-cycle mowers to Lawn Boy.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
02-25-2009, 04:24 AM
Yes glad to see them here..my Toros have done me good. Too bad the sales/service place closest to me does not get my business. Dont even go there to grab a spark plug. Excited about the Grandstands. Our home and garden show is the first week in March cant wait to check it out

jbell36
02-25-2009, 06:55 PM
well since you're asking us what you can do to improve anything, why did you guys take the scalp wheels off the grandstand deck? i know the front wheels and back wheels are close but i can think of a few situations where the edge of the deck will dig into the ground, where if you had scalp wheels there would be no problem? even your 36" mowers have scalp wheels on them, i just don't understand...it's really the only thing holding me back from buying a few

Mule100
02-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't mow any grass but my wife thinks I have a crush on my Dingo. Great machine.

Stuttering Stan
02-25-2009, 11:47 PM
I''d like to see a Toro rep on this forum to talk about or answer any questions we have. I 've had Toro's since 1998, they keep on trucking. Can't killem.

The Toro Company
02-27-2009, 02:00 PM
well since you're asking us what you can do to improve anything, why did you guys take the scalp wheels off the grandstand deck? i know the front wheels and back wheels are close but i can think of a few situations where the edge of the deck will dig into the ground, where if you had scalp wheels there would be no problem? even your 36" mowers have scalp wheels on them, i just don't understand...it's really the only thing holding me back from buying a few

A very good question, jbell36, in fact you are not the only one to ask. If you saw the concept machine that Toro unveiled at GIE+EXPO 2007, you may know that the original design actually did contain anti-scalp rollers on the cutting deck. In order to obtain feedback on the design, we placed prototype machines (built with the anti-scalp rollers) in the hands of several landscape contractors. The contractors who used the prototypes overwhelmingly suggested that we remove the anti-scalp rollers in order to decrease the length of the machine and keep it as compact as possible.

We built another fleet of prototypes without anti-scalp rollers (along with a number of other recommended changes) in order to verify that the performance didn't suffer without them. Through testing at our product evaluation facilities and extended placement in the field with landscape professionals, we found that the anti-scalp rollers were not required on the GrandStand (due in part to what you said about the tires being closer to the deck). At the same time, the cleaner, more compact design was universally appreciated.

Based upon the outstanding guidance that we received from a number of very insightful landscape contractors, we are quite confident in the performance of the machine. I don't believe the absence of anti-scalp rollers should deter you from purchasing the GrandStand, but if you haven't done so already, I encourage you to arrange for a personal demo in order to verify the performance meets your own expectations. If you are not already doing business with a particular Toro dealer, you can visit www.toro.com/smooth and use the Toro Commercial Dealer locator to find a commercial dealer that will have a demo unit on hand. You also mentioned you may have an interest in buying a few machines, so make sure you ask your dealer about special fleet pricing that is currently available. Thank you for your inquiry and best wishes for a successful season.

The Toro Company

TurfToppers
02-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Toro company can you give me some insight on a mower i'm looking at. its a 2001 62"cut liquid cooled 38hp kaw. with 322 hours, i've never ran a toro but heard many good things looking to purchase this but dont have a clue on a value can you help? thanks

TurfToppers
02-27-2009, 06:57 PM
got a little more info on the mower its not a 38hp motor a local dealer said 22 or 23 v-twin and its a 2000 model said it books around $2500.00 sound about right?

jbell36
02-28-2009, 11:47 PM
A very good question, jbell36, in fact you are not the only one to ask. If you saw the concept machine that Toro unveiled at GIE+EXPO 2007, you may know that the original design actually did contain anti-scalp rollers on the cutting deck. In order to obtain feedback on the design, we placed prototype machines (built with the anti-scalp rollers) in the hands of several landscape contractors. The contractors who used the prototypes overwhelmingly suggested that we remove the anti-scalp rollers in order to decrease the length of the machine and keep it as compact as possible.

We built another fleet of prototypes without anti-scalp rollers (along with a number of other recommended changes) in order to verify that the performance didn't suffer without them. Through testing at our product evaluation facilities and extended placement in the field with landscape professionals, we found that the anti-scalp rollers were not required on the GrandStand (due in part to what you said about the tires being closer to the deck). At the same time, the cleaner, more compact design was universally appreciated.

Based upon the outstanding guidance that we received from a number of very insightful landscape contractors, we are quite confident in the performance of the machine. I don't believe the absence of anti-scalp rollers should deter you from purchasing the GrandStand, but if you haven't done so already, I encourage you to arrange for a personal demo in order to verify the performance meets your own expectations. If you are not already doing business with a particular Toro dealer, you can visit www.toro.com/smooth and use the Toro Commercial Dealer locator to find a commercial dealer that will have a demo unit on hand. You also mentioned you may have an interest in buying a few machines, so make sure you ask your dealer about special fleet pricing that is currently available. Thank you for your inquiry and best wishes for a successful season.

The Toro Company

thanks for getting back to me on that, and yes i'm definitely going to demo one this coming friday...i'm just a big fan of floating decks (with scalp wheels), to me it's a day and night difference kind of like belt drive compared to hydro, i feel more comfortable with a floating deck...i understand where you guys are coming from i was just really surprised when a company like toro didn't have the scalp wheels...toro is obviously a very respectable company therefore you pay for what you get, and for $7500 i would prefer to have everything i want...with that being said i know toro took them off for a good reason, i would just prefer a slightly longer machine that had a true floating deck...to be honest with you i see us having grandstands in the future

jbell36
03-01-2009, 12:11 AM
also, yes i did see the 2007 prototype and i saw that you guys made an upgrade on the tires which was greatly needed...what i think would make it look better is bigger wheels in general with skinnier tires (like on toro.com under landscape contractor equipment, the riding mower picture)...it's just the new style and i see that companies like wright and grasshopper have switched over to that and it does make the machine look better, what's your opinion on that?

i've also been hearing some talk on a 36" grandstand, think that will be possible?

what are the rules about the fleet pricing as well, i've heard it's a 12 point system with the grandstand being 4 points and i've also heard that you only had to buy two to qualify, could you clarify that for us? thanks again, i do appreciate your help...

Horizon Lawn
03-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Toro is a good mower but in the last few years there customer service sucks. I posted on here a few weeks ago about not having a dealer or rep in my area and they asked for some information from me and said that a rep would contact me. Guess what 2 weeks and no call. This is what i have come to accept as customer service from them. yes i know that i am not there only customer but i have bought about 50,000 worth of toro equipment from them in the last 2 years and i cant even get respect enough for them to even call me and tell me where i could see some of there mowers let alone purchase one. I really am disappointed in there customer service.

The Toro Company
03-03-2009, 04:47 PM
got a little more info on the mower its not a 38hp motor a local dealer said 22 or 23 v-twin and its a 2000 model said it books around $2500.00 sound about right?

Pricing for used equipment can vary significantly from one market to another, and it is obviously heavily dependent upon the condition of the equipment. Toro does not provide guidance regarding resale values for any of its landscape contractor equipment, instead leaving it up to the market to decide fair market value.

We can confirm that Toro manufactured a 62” Z Master model powered by a 22 hp liquid-cooled Kawasaki engine in 2000. At the time, the suggested retail price for the model was $10,216. (Note: Toro does not control retail pricing. Toro landscape contractor equipment is sold through independent dealers who set the retail price for the products.)

Thanks - The Toro Company

The Toro Company
03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
also, yes i did see the 2007 prototype and i saw that you guys made an upgrade on the tires which was greatly needed...what i think would make it look better is bigger wheels in general with skinnier tires (like on toro.com under landscape contractor equipment, the riding mower picture)...it's just the new style and i see that companies like wright and grasshopper have switched over to that and it does make the machine look better, what's your opinion on that?

i've also been hearing some talk on a 36" grandstand, think that will be possible?

what are the rules about the fleet pricing as well, i've heard it's a 12 point system with the grandstand being 4 points and i've also heard that you only had to buy two to qualify, could you clarify that for us? thanks again, i do appreciate your help...

Thank you for your comments and additional questions. Following are some remarks regarding the three topics you discussed.

Tires - Both visual and functional considerations are taken into account when selecting tires for our products. We recognize that our customers take pride in the equipment they own and we certainly want to deliver products that are visually appealing, as long as we don’t sacrifice performance in the process. While opinions about appearance can vary widely, I think we would agree that there are cases where the tire style that you describe gives the machine a very nice look.

GrandStand Product Line-up - As we shared when we launched the GrandStand, we have always believed there is an opportunity to expand beyond our initial product offering. While we are not yet prepared to discuss specifics regarding future models, we have been exploring product solutions for contractors who have expressed interest in a smaller cutting deck. Stay tuned for future announcements regarding additions to the model line-up.

Fleet Program - In order to ensure that you receive accurate information regarding fleet pricing, please speak to your local Toro dealer. We apologize for not being able to answer your question directly, but as a manufacturer that sells products through independent dealers, Toro does not control retail pricing. This includes fleet deals, where the local dealer may offer a customized version of the program supported by Toro.

Best of luck, and thanks for your interest.

The Toro Company
03-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Toro is a good mower but in the last few years there customer service sucks. I posted on here a few weeks ago about not having a dealer or rep in my area and they asked for some information from me and said that a rep would contact me. Guess what 2 weeks and no call. This is what i have come to accept as customer service from them. yes i know that i am not there only customer but i have bought about 50,000 worth of toro equipment from them in the last 2 years and i cant even get respect enough for them to even call me and tell me where i could see some of there mowers let alone purchase one. I really am disappointed in there customer service.

Horizon Lawn, we were sorry to hear about the lapse in communication after our initial contact with you. We checked into your case and understand that a representative followed up with you earlier this week. If this matter still has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please contact us directly at LCEProducts@toro.com. Thank you.

P.Services
03-04-2009, 06:20 PM
can you say how long the fleet pricing is suppose to last?

lets say i buy three mowers now to accumulate my 12 points, then in one month i want another will i still get the fleet price? lets say i want another 15 months from now will i get the fleet price? how long does it last?

The Toro Company
03-05-2009, 01:59 PM
can you say how long the fleet pricing is suppose to last?

lets say i buy three mowers now to accumulate my 12 points, then in one month i want another will i still get the fleet price? lets say i want another 15 months from now will i get the fleet price? how long does it last?

Picasso -

The duration of your fleet benefits can vary based upon the details of your initial eligibility. In most cases, you would receive fleet pricing for 12-24 months once you qualify for the program. As a fleet customer, you also have the opportunity to extend your benefits to a total of 36 months by purchasing additional equipment before your initial fleet eligibility expires. Your local Toro dealer should be able to assist you with any specific fleet purchases you may be planning.

P.Services
03-08-2009, 10:35 PM
what is the minimum % dealers are required to give purchasers under the fleet pricing program?

The Toro Company
03-09-2009, 03:20 PM
what is the minimum % dealers are required to give purchasers under the fleet pricing program?

Because Toro landscape contractor equipment is sold through independent dealers, Toro does not control local pricing or programming. Although a fleet support program is available to all dealers that carry Toro landscape contractor equipment, the fleet program is an elective program that dealers may or may not choose to offer in their respective markets. While most dealers who carry Toro landscape contractor equipment do in fact offer fleet pricing, the discount is determined by the retailer rather than Toro.

P.Services
03-09-2009, 03:27 PM
23% is what you meant to say right. i just like to ask questions i allready know the answers to just to see who i am working with.

markstodd
03-15-2009, 04:38 PM
I have a 2006 and the deck is supposed to be a quick release deck. I'm doing something wrong because it does not want to come off easily and getting it back on is even more difficult. Is there a video showing the process and how it's supposed to work? Or any help otherwise? Thanks.

The Toro Company
03-18-2009, 12:28 PM
We are sorry that you are having difficulty removing the cutting deck. We do not have an instructional video for your mower. The Operator’s Manual contains a section titled “Cutting Deck Removal”. We suggest you follow the steps shown to ensure proper procedure. If you do not have an Operator’s Manual, please visit our web site at www.toro.com. Select “Homeowner” products, “Customer Care”, and “Owner’s Manuals”. If you wish to download the Operator’s Manual, Parts Catalog, or Service Manual, all you need is the model number of your Toro rider. The down loads are FREE.

tglasslawncare
04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Can you explain what is covered on the 5 year 1200 hour warranty for the grandstand? Thanks

The Toro Company
04-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Can you explain what is covered on the 5 year 1200 hour warranty for the grandstand? Thanks

Tglasslawncare:

Additional information regarding the warranty can be found in the Toro Total Coverage Guarantee (attached). If you have additional questions after reviewing the information in the document, please contact the Toro Customer Service Department at ...

Toro Customer Service Department
Toro Warranty Company
8111 Lyndale Avenue South
Bloomington, MN 55420-1196
888-865-5676 (U.S. Customers)
888-865-5691 (Canada customers)

tglasslawncare
04-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Cool. Thanks

TMK
04-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Just want to say I have a Toro Z Master 500 52" & it is awesome_great mower!!

Bob_n_weave
08-11-2009, 11:18 PM
thanks for getting back to me on that, and yes i'm definitely going to demo one this coming friday...i'm just a big fan of floating decks (with scalp wheels), to me it's a day and night difference kind of like belt drive compared to hydro, i feel more comfortable with a floating deck...i understand where you guys are coming from i was just really surprised when a company like toro didn't have the scalp wheels...toro is obviously a very respectable company therefore you pay for what you get, and for $7500 i would prefer to have everything i want...with that being said i know toro took them off for a good reason, i would just prefer a slightly longer machine that had a true floating deck...to be honest with you i see us having grandstands in the future

I Agree. That's my biggest knock on the Grandstand. Floating deck vs Fixed deck ? humm. For $7500 it should have a floating deck

tjoyce2010
10-05-2009, 09:43 PM
2004 toro dingo 425 290 hrs bucket? auger attachment and three bits also a pair of forks any on e know what it is worth????