PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new rig!!!!!!!!!!!!

greenviewlandscaper
02-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Ive been in landscape maintenance for a long time and have put alot of food on other peoples tables and got stereo typed alot as "the help" along the way now after 5 years I can get out on my own thanks to a good loan from my dad and a good income tax return I got two yard and am going to do my best to get some more in spring I got 150 flyers and thinking about doing some door hangers. No more working for the man time to be the man. Anyways heres my rig the trailers full with a walker and toro mower 3 echo weedeaters, 1 which is a pas, 1 echo back pack blower, pole saw attachment, hedger attachment, a echo hedger trimmer and huskie chain saw, rakes, shovels, barrels, sprayers, spreaders, pesticides, and fertilizers Im ready to go wish me luck guys.

hvphotog
02-13-2009, 10:51 AM
nice set up... much luck to you i am sure you will do great !

Get some lettering on that trailer.

tradeyouraccounts
02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Get some nice signage on that blank white canvas and youíll be rolling in the right direction. Good luck.

EagleGrounds
02-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Great looking rig! But your gonna wanna hand out more than 150 flyers! Ive got a friend that said he just got in 3 thousand flyers!

And make sure you sell door to door, not mailbox since your handing out so little flyers!

Kennedy Landscaping
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Nice setup. God luck this season!

greenviewlandscaper
02-13-2009, 11:21 AM
ya thats my next goal is lettering and parking it in a much viewed area. As far as the flyers they were 70.00 for 150 at the printing place up here I went through them cause I want the flyers to look professional.

greenviewlandscaper
02-13-2009, 11:27 AM
here it is

Runner
02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Not wild about the flyer,...it needs some work...I DO like the truck and trailer, though?

LawnTamer
02-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Get that rig badged! That will look so good, like a rolling billboard.

I'm not crazy about the flier either. It is OK, but not powerful enough to grab people's attention and get them to call.

I would consider putting some type of coupon on it. A coupon dramatically increases our ROI on ads we have run. People will hold on to those coupons.

greenviewlandscaper
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
you guys should see the flyers I am competing with up here literally I see flyers that say like jose's landscaping and underneath it is a black and white picture of a ******* lawn mower so im not really worried about the flyer what im worried about is all the other well established landscaping maintenance companies up here, theres only like three but they have alot of yards and ive worked for all of them and dont have the balls to try and steal customers from them. But yeah im going to tag the trailer as soon as I can. Thanks for your replie's.

ed2hess
02-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Nice trailer and truck.....kinda interesting to start out with that big rig for a solo guy or do you have workers:confused: And the handout needs work.

Tommy Boy
02-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Get the truck and the trailer wrapped, get the best looking bilboard you can, that will be better advertising then anything else. Branding, branding, branding, get a great logo

JasonTX
02-14-2009, 12:51 PM
This is my first year and I will be putting up 6,000 door hangers. In my area the sell through rate is about 0.5%. I was told 6,000 will get me 30 accounts and I should get another 15-20 off of referals.

mowerbrad
02-14-2009, 06:24 PM
The truck and trailer look really good. But the flyer needs some work. I would definately put a list of your services on there, otherwise people won't be exactly sure what services you offer or don't offer. I like the idea of a coupon of some sort on there. The flyer has to be appealling enough to the customer that it catches their attention and makes them take the time to look at it instead of just throwing it away.

Carolina Cuts
02-14-2009, 06:45 PM
$70 for 150 flyers....???

why not use the web??? I just paid 100- for 5000 postcards.... 7 day turnaround.... and they look great...

DLAWNS
02-14-2009, 07:23 PM
The rig looks great. Be sure to post pics when it gets lettered. Let's see some pics of the equipment. I agree that you should shop around for flyer prices. You need to do much more than that. Good luck this season.

Jason Rose
02-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Nice rig and equipment list! Talk about jumping in with both feet! Best of luck with everything this year!

Here's some more exclamation marks!!!! :laugh:

johnyredd99
02-18-2009, 05:41 AM
rig looks great.. but dont know if it was just me but looks like you should get a lower hitch and try to level that trailer out a little bit. Maybe its just the picture but it seems to be sitting at a pretty good angle

02-18-2009, 06:04 AM
you need SIGNAGE on that trailer! Nice setup!

Jay Ray
02-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Best thing is your experience. When you get a lawn, you are likely to keep it for as long as you want it. Everything else good too.

Guess I should confess I started from ground zero, made a ton of mistakes, and lost quite a few lawns due to inexperience.

loupiscopolandscaping
02-18-2009, 09:45 AM
good luck!