PDA

View Full Version : Labels and Lesco.com

Please_Be_Green
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
I used to be able to read labels' of fert's sold by Lesco.

For the past couple of months I get

"Can't find label"

Is it just my machine or aren't the label's available any longer.

thanks

LawnTamer
02-13-2009, 12:32 PM
No, it isn't just you. The website has been really hit and miss. Sometimes I can find things, but I often get error messages. It wouldn't even let me pay my bill last time I was on there.

There are a few products from Lesco that I really like, but when I can, I go elsewhere. Ever since the JD buyout, our service here has gone to pot. Lesco used to be fairly competitive, but the service was great, now neither seems to be true here.

I know there are guys in other parts of the country that have had better luck with them.

Ric
02-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Yo

Yes this seems to of been a Reoccurring question here. I wish JDL would get busy on fixing their website.

Maybe we need to E mail bomb JDL to them off dead center.

Fert33
02-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Are You guys going to lesco.com or the jdl website? I got labels off the old lesco site last week no problem.

Fert33
02-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I just tried, and sure enough no label. I did get one off of their site last week. Maybe they are finally updating the website.

LawnTamer
02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
As Ric pointed out, it has been hit and miss for months.

VLTS
02-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I've had the same problem for months!
I've heard that JDL is slowly dismantling the Lesco site. What their plans are? Who knows. It's been a lot to long for my taste!
I relied on the Lesco website to print up labels and MSDS sheets on the products that I purchased. You know, keeping legal!
Besides constantly asking my account manager for labels, can anyone suggest another site to view and print this information?
Wow, I feel a little better!

nik
02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Are these labels for products you want to use or for products you are using?

Do you need actual labels of the pesticide products or a specimen label to keep in your rig? If that's the case are you allowed to keep digital pics of the products you are using?

I relied on the Lesco website to print up labels and MSDS sheets on the products that I purchased. In the whacked-out state that is Oregon, you apply as the container says. If your supplier gives you a printed label copy it better be the exact one that is on the bag or container your using. Companies often put up digital copies of labels with changes that haven't been accepted by EPA. If you go off the printed out label and do something that isn't ok off the container label, you can be in a world of hurt from the ag department.

DLAWNS
02-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Yo

Yes this seems to of been a Reoccurring question here. I wish JDL would get busy on fixing their website.

Maybe we need to E mail bomb JDL to them off dead center.

We should all hit them up. Maybe it'll make them increase their sense of urgency. lol

Ric
02-15-2009, 10:27 AM
As Ric pointed out, it has been hit and miss for months.

Tamer

Sorry but it has only been MISS for me and no Hits

We should all hit them up. Maybe it'll make them increase their sense of urgency. lol

Dlawns

Yep I was hoping someone else liked my E MAIL BOMB Idea. It might get them off dead center.

daveyo
02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Wow I didn't even see this thread but I was just on Lescos site and couldn't print any labels, I have all labels and MSDS in my binder but it would be nice to get some new stuff. I was going to post on where to find labels? And this isn't the only time.

DLAWNS
02-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Dlawns

Yep I was hoping someone else liked my E MAIL BOMB Idea. It might get them off dead center.[/QUOTE]

It would be a pretty small bomb with just you and me sending an email.lol :laugh:

Please_Be_Green
02-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Dlawns

Yep I was hoping someone else liked my E MAIL BOMB Idea. It might get them off dead center.

It would be a pretty small bomb with just you and me sending an email.lol :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Interestingly... When you click on the "CONTACT US" link at the bottom of the page, it only brings you to the HOME PAGE....

Nor is there any link on the web page which would allow us to contact the administrator of the page, which whom we'd really need to get through to.

Ric
02-15-2009, 12:44 PM
It would be a pretty small bomb with just you and me sending an email.lol :laugh:

Interestingly... When you click on the "CONTACT US" link at the bottom of the page, it only brings you to the HOME PAGE....

Nor is there any link on the web page which would allow us to contact the administrator of the page, which whom we'd really need to get through to.

Yes but on the bottom of the home page are the following words

Call us anytime at 800-321-5325

Would Wednesday morning be a good time for everyone????

daveyo
02-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Yes but on the bottom of the home page are the following words

Call us anytime at 800-321-5325

Would Wednesday morning be a good time for everyone????

Sure but why not Tuesday morning?

Ric
02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Sure but why not Tuesday morning?

Dave

Sure why not Monday morning. But the idea is to keep bang them hard enough to send a wake up call to their national marketing dept. JDL has got to be hurting a little with this economy. The old Lesco was losing money in a good economy, so what makes you think JDL can turn it around over night in a bad economy? Keeping up Website service should be a very cost effect way of keeping old customers as well as new.

I am not suggesting this to be mean, I am only trying to help JDL help us. Their website has been a reoccurring issue here at Lawnsite. People will end up getting off dead center and find other sources for products with Websites or their products or listed on other websites like CDMS.org. BTW there are a couple of competitor to Moose River who Also have websites for labels & MSDS that has features CDMS doesn't have and I like very much. But not to rock the boat here I will not give links. Univar is one website that is geared toward inside pest control, but you must be a customer to gain a password of your own.

DLAWNS
02-15-2009, 03:50 PM
I could do Wednesday.

daveyo
02-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Dave

Sure why not Monday morning. But the idea is to keep bang them hard enough to send a wake up call to their national marketing dept. JDL has got to be hurting a little with this economy. The old Lesco was losing money in a good economy, so what makes you think JDL can turn it around over night in a bad economy? Keeping up Website service should be a very cost effect way of keeping old customers as well as new.

I am not suggesting this to be mean, I am only trying to help JDL help us. Their website has been a reoccurring issue here at Lawnsite. People will end up getting off dead center and find other sources for products with Websites or their products or listed on other websites like CDMS.org. BTW there are a couple of competitor to Moose River who Also have websites for labels & MSDS that has features CDMS doesn't have and I like very much. But not to rock the boat here I will not give links. Univar is one website that is geared toward inside pest control, but you must be a customer to gain a password of your own.

Well Monday is Presidents day, still don't understand, I'm serious the sooner the better just curious why Wednesday, don't get me wrong I'm on board. I know your not being mean towards JD, this is what we need to do to get things working for ourselves. I'm just not sure where JD stands that site seems extremely lifeless, as if no one really cares.

Ric
02-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Yo Guys

3 or 4 people calling isn't really going to make a statement. We need more like 30 or 40 people at least.

daveyo
02-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Bump........ this is a no brainer, companies who want to sell their products will listen to the consumers who are purchasing them. If they don't word spreads real fast!

Kylec3
06-02-2009, 03:51 PM
havent been real happy with lesco products and ferts lately...think ill be switching to anderson products next year

JWTurfguy
06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Seriously, guys.....

Forget the Lesco/JDL website.

For liquids, most labels/MSDS sheets will be found on CDMS.net regardless of where you bought the product.

For granular products, just Google the name of the product. For example, if you want a label for Lesco's 19-0-6 .10% Dimension, just "Google" the following: lesco dimension 19-0-6 label. I tried it myself and it's right there on the first page of results, 3rd link down.

We can bash Lesco's website all we want, but isn't it just easier to use a regular search engine instead of navigating some other company's website??