PDA

View Full Version : Don't Worry, We Are Covered In The Bail Out....

Sean Adams
02-13-2009, 11:33 PM
For all you old school wrestling fans out there, you might remember from back in the day, back when the WCW was not a part of the WWE, there was a character (and I refer to them as characters not wrestlers because they are athletes second and entertainers first) named Scott Steiner or "Big Poppa Pump" - he was a bad guy and he loved telling eveyone how great he was. he used to yell out when on the microphone....

"Big Poppa Pump is your hook up, holla if you hear me!!!!"

I am here to tell you, I am your hook up....

I figured it was time for someone in our industry to go straight to the top - not waste time with phone calls to congressmen or picketing at town halls. I did some research, and I got our new President's email address. Yes, the internet is an amazing thing - it has brought us both LawnSite and it allowed me to get in direct contact with Mr. Obama.

It was simple - I told him that he really needs to consider our industry when putting together the nearly $1 trillion bail-out slash stimulus plan that is being voted on.

I figured before I explained why he should consider us, I would insist that he responds so I was sure I did not waste my time sending an email that Hillary Clinton would quickly dismiss.

He responded right away (he was updating his FaceBook account), so he emailed me in 2 minutes.

He told me the following:

Sean,

Thanks for the email. I don't have long to respond to your email because I have to go and meet our interior decorator who will be redecorating the White House. Michelle is trying to convince me to include the decorations in the stimulus package (I'm guessing I can squeeze it in there).

Anyway, you may not know this, but I am a registered member at LawnSite.com (the secret service told me I had to use a fake name for security reasons....from reading your politics section on the site, it was probably a good idea....).

I am guessing you are acting as the voice of the lawn care and landscaping industry - suggesting or hoping I will throw some money your way to help the members of the site (awesome logo by the way!!!). No need to ask.

When I told my daughters we would get a dog if we made it to the White House I never thought I would win. Well, we all know how that turned out!!!! Anyway, we got this dog and this thing keeps making brown spots all over the White House Rose Garden lawn.

Nancy Pelosi and some of the other people who hang out around here kept giving me dirty looks so I went online to figure out how to solve this problem.

Guess what I found? You guessed it - endless advice from the helpful folks at LawnSite. Now, those yellow spots are gone and the lawn looks great again.

So it is official. I have placed something like $20 billion in that huge bill (don't worry, most of them aren't even reading it) specifically for registered members of LawnSite.com.

Tell them I said thanks and I do have one suggestion for the site....

Can we get some more cool smilies like this one >>> :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Sincerely Yours,

B.H. Obama
#44 in your history book, #1 in your heart

So yes, I gotta say it guys....

I am your hook up!!!! Holla is you hear me!!!!

DLAWNS
02-13-2009, 11:50 PM
So I'll see my portion of the check in the mail in a few weeks? lol:laugh::usflag: By the way...Gotta love the wrestling reference. I''m waiting for the WWE to ask for a bailout.

LawnTamer
02-14-2009, 12:26 AM
A fake name.... could it be?

I am guessing Obama is either Green T, or Bobby Gedd. I am betting on the latter. Think about it, if you were a tall, black man... wouldn't it make sense to pretend to be the opposite?

BTW, I'll take my part of the $20 billion in goods that can be traded. I have a feeling dollars won't be worth a lot at the rate we are printing them.

Charles
02-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Okay its not April Fools day:confused:. All I know is some of our Political forum member participants may turn up at Gitmo soon:laugh::laugh::drinkup:

Ya da Man Sean! and I remember Scott Steiner

Daily Lawn/Landscape
02-14-2009, 08:47 AM
What ever!

James

Perfect Image TLM
02-14-2009, 11:40 AM
That is a good one Sean! :laugh:

JDT Property Care
02-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Awesome reference Sean! Is this a true story though?

Dunn's
02-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Awesome reference Sean! Is this a true story though?

do you really believe they are going to give a bunch of drunk guys riding around on mowers all day a bailout.

White Gardens
02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Hate to say it Sean, but I think your response to your e-mail was bogus.

He hasn't been in office that long, and also, I wouldn't think you would see true brown patches from a dog in the dead of winter. Besides, they pay people good money to take care of the White House Rose Garden.

I've got to many red flags flying when I think about this post.

a plus bob
02-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Sean can you give me a loan until I get my check?:laugh: Thanks for the good news I will be expecting my check soon!

melanieb3
03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
This is funny...and what's even more funny is that you have people thinking about it.

It was a hilarious read! By the way...I'll PM you my paypal so you can just deposit my share there! lol