PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Leco Replacement - Please help

Tommy Boy
02-14-2009, 10:19 AM
We have used Lesco for years, loved the support and assistance. Now that John Deere has screwed this up. Iím looking for another supplier for chemicals and fertilizer. We are located in south Atlanta. Is there a better dealer we can order from? Or do you know of another local source. Thanks

Fert33
02-14-2009, 10:31 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what happened with JDL?

Tommy Boy
02-14-2009, 10:48 AM
They fired my chemical guy (he was Lesco not JDL when they merged the two) now two guys have tried to bulls*it me when I asked specific questions on applications. Just loved the Lesco team, but have lost confidence in the JDL team in my area. I need a source of material for cost and quotes. Just not Happy!

DLAWNS
02-14-2009, 10:53 AM
I've heard good things about UAP and also Regal Chemical is pretty good and if I remember are right out of Georgia.

Tommy Boy
02-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks Bill - Yankee Knowledge once again!

clallen03
02-14-2009, 06:14 PM
I have been using lesco for years and have had a few problems out of them, but for the most part they are pretty good. I have actually been using that same store you have been using (Fayettville). Tony and Gary is pretty good. Gary will just talk you to death sometimes but he's ok. Now these guys were there before the transition and they are still now.

Anyways, the only other company that I know of is Regal Chemical. They are out of Alpharetta and Im sure you know how far away that is. They will ship your order but Im not sure that will save you any money and you also loss the face-to-face interaction unless you are going to drive to Alpharetta.

You may want to look into UAP I dont know much about them at all.

greendoctor
02-14-2009, 06:17 PM
A UAP that services fine turf(golf and sports fields) is a good option. From what I have seen, they are fair, the reps know what they are talking about and at least in my area, no sales to homeowners.

EagleLandscape
02-14-2009, 06:28 PM
We just switched the Ewing. I had a great price deal at Lesco, but Ewing still beats them across the board by 30%-50%.

JDL is high priced on everything.

www.ewing1.com

Tommy Boy
02-14-2009, 08:05 PM
I have been using lesco for years and have had a few problems out of them, but for the most part they are pretty good. I have actually been using that same store you have been using (Fayettville). Tony and Gary is pretty good. Gary will just talk you to death sometimes but he's ok. Now these guys were there before the transition and they are still now.

Anyways, the only other company that I know of is Regal Chemical. They are out of Alpharetta and Im sure you know how far away that is. They will ship your order but Im not sure that will save you any money and you also loss the face-to-face interaction unless you are going to drive to Alpharetta.

You may want to look into UAP I dont know much about them at all.

Your right, gary and Tony are great guys, but after the 24th they will combine the Fairburn (JDL) store and the Fayetteville (Lesco) store, two managers will not last in one location with overhead, and as with any merger, so go the spoils. JDL bought Lesco, so guess who will take it in the shorts.

I'm looking for a back up and yes maybe a better price break. Have you tried calling the store lately? Last week I called 15 times with questions about a sprayer, I had to go to the store to get the problem resolved. Just a sign of things to come, I hope not.

Russ
02-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Last week I called 15 times with questions about a sprayer, .
You called a place 15 times about a problem?

Tommy Boy
02-15-2009, 09:45 AM
I was out with one of my crew we had a new truck mounted sprayer, I needed help on pressure settings, the crew was having problems. In the end they blew the diapraghms (sp)

sprayboy
02-15-2009, 09:56 AM
It looks like it will no longer be UAP as they have merged.

http://www.uap.com/profprod/

cod8825
02-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Tommy Boy:

Like some have stated UAP will be a good choice, we go about 50/50 with them and another company called Helena Chemical they have great products great pricing and awesome service. Last year my sales rep knew that I was driving 30 miles to service a big group of accounts and said if I needed to refill the tank go to his house rather than pay for the water. That spoke volumes to me.

Matt