not what u expected

anyone care to share a letter you use to cancel service
on a difficult/slow paying or otherwise -customer you no longer
want?

thanks
Josh

tlg
02-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Don't send them a cancel letter. Send them a letter telling them they need to pay in advance in order to continue your service. Canceling them makes you look bad. Put the problem on them. let them cancel you if they can't agree to your terms. :walking:

jbturf
02-14-2009, 03:36 PM
well that sounds like a good course of action for most customers,
but this 1 on my mind at the moment always prepays,
but is just a PIA, never returns phone calls, very rude/conceded to deal with in person,
completely discounts and ignores all sugestions and advice given to him -then complains
about poor results of svc, haggles over prices of svc that have been prepaid and
already performed, and just insulting by scribbling on my renewal form in crayon and sending it to me

turf hokie
02-14-2009, 03:41 PM
but is just a PIA, never returns phone calls, very rude/conceded to deal with in person,
completely discounts and ignores all sugestions and advice given to him -then complains
about poor results of svc, haggles over prices of svc that have been prepaid and
already performed, and just insulting by scribbling on my renewal form in crayon and sending it to me

I have just raised thier prices equal to how much of a PITA they are and if they cancel then they cancel.
double sounds about right in this case......

mikesturf
02-15-2009, 10:40 AM
The best thing you can do is get rid of them. The mental energy and anguish you will free up will be amazing. My experience is that for every 1 PITA customer I eliminate, I get 5 great new customers to replace them. You don't need the aggravation! You are self employeed, dump them-NOW. Make you letter short and sweet:
Do to (economy, route schedule, whatever) we will no longer be able to service you. We thank you for your business in the past.

Some of the PITAs may call you back and beg you to reinstate them. DON'T TAKE THEM BACK, its happened to me. How much time and energy have you wasted with them???

phasthound
02-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I have just raised thier prices equal to how much of a PITA they are and if they cancel then they cancel.
double sounds about right in this case......

That's what I've found works best.

humble1
02-15-2009, 08:12 PM
but is just a pia, never returns phone calls, very rude/conceded to deal with in person,

i just keep going up on the price if they are pia