PDA

View Full Version : Just took MN Appl. Exam - here we go!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Took my MN exams this past Weds - feel very confident about them, waiting for my lics to come in the mail. Time to upgrade the GL coverage to match my ops.

Sent some pre-season letters to my mowing customers about the same time, have one agreement back. My first one! Looking to get 6-10 small resi fert/squirts for this season - a nice start, I am anxious to get going on them!
Thanks everyone for what I have learned from you so far.....more questions to follow I'm sure.

Lawnut101
02-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Congrats! I just took mine over here in WI too. Can't wait to pick up some new clients. I had quite a few people last year ask if I offered fertilizer/weed control.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-16-2009, 01:11 AM
Sounds like exactly the reason I am getting into fert/squirts...people are asking, so why not consider? I had no intent on spraying as of the end of last fall...BUT got to thinking 'why am I leaving $$ on the table, especially if spraying is higher margin than mowing??'
AND I am tired of trugreen spraying and ferting most of my mowing accounts - I want to have some control over that.

mngrassguy
02-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Congrats DA. You won't be sorry. What was your score? I hope you get your card soon. Mn loves to play games. You forgot to check this box or insurance certificate wasn't perfect, ect. If you don't get your card in 2 weeks, call them. They might not call you if they have a problem.

Expect an inspection your first year. Make sure you have back flow prevention, burmed fill/storage area, ect. Check with your city, they may let you fill in the public works building. Even if you don't use the city fill, it's nice to be able to tell your inspector it's available.

djagusch
02-16-2009, 07:33 PM
I past mine last year and got it back in 2 weeks about. No on site inspection yet.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-16-2009, 11:06 PM
I will have such a small operation, there won't be much to inspect.
A 2.5 gal jug of Momentum and a little fert in storage is all.

mngrass I know what you are saying about the backflow, I have to rig something up on my nurse tank to hold the hose.

mngrassguy
02-16-2009, 11:21 PM
I have a small kiddy pool that I use to fill my BP. I don't always use it but it is here in case of an inspection. Last time he was here he took a picture of it.:laugh: