PDA

View Full Version : dry well install

greenmonster304
02-14-2009, 08:22 PM
I put in a Flow Well at my house today for the down spout. It kicked my a$$ because I haven't done much digging in the past 4 months. I trenched with the Maxi for the 4" ADS. Then I dug the hole for the flow well it was 5' to sand everything above was loam and clay. The first pic is before and the last is after clean up. I forgot to take a pic of the flow well it self.

Mike Leary
02-14-2009, 08:54 PM
You're a little young to be running a big machine.

greenmonster304
02-14-2009, 09:01 PM
thats my helper, 13 months old.

Wet_Boots
02-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Say "Hi" to the sprout. Looks like he's enjoying the wide outdoors.

bicmudpuppy
02-14-2009, 11:57 PM
thats my helper, 13 months old.

If you can survive "mom", take him w/ you. Let him drag pipe and help with the glue work. My 15 year old has been tagging w/ me since he was 2. At about 3, he could pull full lengths of pipe and play short distance gopher for me. I did it with my pop. I always thought it was a good deal. Sit at home or day care, or go with dad. Dad always won with me and up until recently always did with the boy too. He has reached that point where he recognizes work for what it is and FUMES are starting to get in the way as well.

EagleLandscape
02-15-2009, 11:07 AM
perfumes and car fumes?

bicmudpuppy
02-15-2009, 11:13 AM
perfumes and car fumes?

Those are the two biggies. If he lives to be 18 and move out, it will mean we struck a truce somewhere along the way! I do have an edge now. "His" car needs fixing. I traded for it years ago (an irrigation swap) and gave it to him for his 8th birthday. Now, the work becomes more important. He will be legal to drive in August and have an unrestricted license in September. Figuring out how to pay for the repair work/parts is top on his list. That makes being nice to his Dad and showing up for work so he has money AND the shop to work in starts being a bigger priority again!

allinearth
02-15-2009, 08:48 PM
I put in a Flow Well at my house today for the down spout. It kicked my a$$ because I haven't done much digging in the past 4 months. I trenched with the Maxi for the 4" ADS. Then I dug the hole for the flow well it was 5' to sand everything above was loam and clay. The first pic is before and the last is after clean up. I forgot to take a pic of the flow well it self.

So, in your area, you dig down 5' and hit sand? Wow that would be different. Sure would be handy for drainage projects. We dig down 5" and hit rock, 5' and hit solid rock.:cry:

WalkGood
02-16-2009, 12:50 AM
it was 5' to sand everything above was loam and clay.

I dig more than a foot and I hit sand. Did you dig into a back-filled area?

greenmonster304
02-16-2009, 07:26 AM
I dig more than a foot and I hit sand. Did you dig into a back-filled area?

in this area the soil can be any array of things from pure sand, clay, loam, clay mixed with baseball sized rocks. But my yard is an old potato field. A lot of the fields here have the same soil (very heavy and don't need irrigation). I dont have a system at my house and the grass is green alll summer long.

WalkGood
02-17-2009, 01:30 AM
My place used to be a dairy farm, from what I was told. I only have to water here during the hottest dry spells. Otherwise, Nature has taken care of the lawn. Hydrangeas, well they still want the water pretty regular.

I hit water at 4 feet. Shallow cesspools..... never need pumping. Knock on wood.