PDA

View Full Version : Starting new biz buying new/used equipment

robotz
02-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Hello and thanks for letting me join the mix! Within the next few days Ill be purchaseing either 36' ex-mark and 52 ' ex-mark rider or 36' and 61' scag. The dealer said that 90% of his new customers buy the 61' rather than start smaller with 48' or 52'. Also I was told that the floating deck is prefered over any other! Help:weightlifter:

Fox Lawn & Garden
02-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Hello, welcome to Lawnsite.
May I vote for the floating deck version, and the biggest deck you can get thru most of your tight spaces.
Enjoy your new toy! :>)
Loren

DLAWNS
02-16-2009, 12:03 AM
I tend to say to go with the Exmarks. Welcome to the site and good luck.

bohiaa
02-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Try to demo some b4 purchase, some people hate the tritan deck.
I prefer the ultra cut my self....

Best of luck

Five points, On. Can
02-16-2009, 08:20 AM
I guess depends on how many accounts you have lined up. I started with a 52" walk behind and added a sulky later in the season. Those mowers cut a lot of grass on big properties and don"t look overbearing on the small props. They are a very profitable machine for the investment. Are not to heavy on the trailer, easy on fuel. That mower was my best move in starting out, as I really didn't know what kind of accounts I would have.Thats my expierence.

StevieZ
02-16-2009, 08:28 PM
I have mowed a lot with just a 54" Deere WB. I only bought the 36" WB when I thought I needed to get in backyards. The 54 is a very versatile size. Large areas or small areas look nice and go quick. Best of luck to you.