PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care survey forms?

chuckchiller
02-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi all,
New to the site, just coming back into the business after 13 years out. Very impressed with wealth of knowledge available here and the ability to network. I never had a resource like this the first time!
Wondering if anyone knows where I can order lawncare analysis forms? I had them in the past. I worked for Chemlawn for years before going on my own and always used a form to leave for the prospect that broke down current lawn condition as well as grass types and recommendations. I have searched every where on the web and found nothing. Someone has to have a form that can be customized like the marketing postcards, door hangers etc.
Now I know I'm not the most computer savvy but I searched and came up with nothing.
Thanks
Chuck

a plus bob
02-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Try perfco printing they have all kinds of lawn stuff.I buy from them neat stuff.

DLAWNS
02-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Check with RND signs, they just sent some info that looked great.

chuckchiller
02-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Just checked out Perfco website, thats what I'm looking for!! Thanks for the quick reply. The quality looks great. What a great resource this site is. I cannot believe the tools that are available to this industry now as far as marketing, service etc. This is great.
Thanks again
Chuck

Perfect Image TLM
02-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I checked out the Perfco website but the forms are to blurry to see anything...

chuckchiller
02-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Downlaod the PDF catalog.

Runner
02-15-2009, 04:26 PM
I downloaded the PDF catalog, and you can't read anything. You can read the bold at the top, but have no idea what the cards say.
Edit: Yep,...I tried it again...same thing...you can't even read anything. Great marketing...I guess I'll look elsewhere.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I downloaded the PDF catalog, and you can't read anything. You can read the bold at the top, but have no idea what the cards say.
Edit: Yep,...I tried it again...same thing...you can't even read anything. Great marketing...I guess I'll look elsewhere.

:confused:

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-15-2009, 04:39 PM

:confused: I had no problem? Came up the first time. Maybe make sure your Adobe Acrobat has the latest update?

Runner
02-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I have adobe,...and the whole thing loaded,...the brochures and stuff are just too blurry. you can see the bold words at the tops of them, but can't read any of their content. Are they clear for you?
I am downloading the dobe from their site right now,..to make sure I have the latest version...(9.0). we'll see if that makes any difference...

Perfect Image TLM
02-15-2009, 04:42 PM
:confused: I had no problem? Came up the first time. Maybe make sure your Adobe Acrobat has the latest update?

Was it clear enough to read what is on OF-14A? I can't read whats on it to make a decision if I like it..

chuckchiller
02-15-2009, 04:48 PM
My point was its a PDF, increase the size and you get an idea of the layout and format. The specifics will need to be customized. The overall layout is what I'm looking for. This is the only site I've found that has this form. I will be calling them tomorrow to get a sample.

Perfect Image TLM
02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
ok. thanks for clearing that up, I thought I couldn't see something that others could. :rolleyes:

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
02-15-2009, 05:04 PM
I didn't see anything specifically in a survey, did I miss it? Are you looking for like a postcard with a self mailer survey attached or something similar?

chuckchiller
02-15-2009, 05:18 PM
No not a postcard, I'm looking for an 8.5 X 11 2 part NCR that I can check off existing grass and weed types as well as pest damage. Also recommendations for not only season long apps but also add ons if appropriate. It seems like that is what that survey has. It gives me a leave behind and a reference point when I call the prospect to sell the program. Ideally it would have a route card attached that becomes the record for the account. That would drive up the cost per piece quite a bit I guess. I'll see what they can do.

a plus bob
02-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Perfco was a franchise lawn care company called perf-a-lawn.They started perfco printing to supply invoices and leave behinds for their franchise branches.Eventually the did away with the lawn care and only do the print stuff now.Usally at GIE every year look for their booth if you go next fall.
AS far as I know all the perf-a-lawns are gone maybe one in Florida?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-15-2009, 06:56 PM
OK, if you want a better close up of all the products, you'll have to go to the ordering tab on thier website & enter name & email adress & it will log you in & give you pricing & better pics of the products.

Thanks. Aplusbob! I have not run across these before & these are just as good, or better looking than Realgreen's stuff! I guess it's true what they say about advertising/the lack therof.......It doesn't matter how good your product is, if nobody knows about it:hammerhead: They need to do a little more advertising!

a plus bob
02-15-2009, 07:29 PM
I used to work at a perf-a- lawn years ago that's how I knew about them.liberty landscaping they have a perimeter card I use you might like!
Also some neighbor doorhangers.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
02-15-2009, 07:37 PM
I used to work at a perf-a- lawn years ago that's how I knew about them.liberty landscaping they have a perimeter card I use you might like!
Also some neighbor doorhangers.

Ya, those perimeter ones really caught my eye! I have some from realgreen, but they don't seem to be as easy to understand for people who know nothing about perimeter sprays. Looks like they have quite a few things I've paid to have designed in the past, or worked hours on to complete myself:cry:

AustinLawnscape
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Chuck - Here's a form that I borrowed & customized for my business from looking at several posted here in MS Word format. Let me hear your thoughts after reviewing,. I'm always looking for ways to make things better/easier/faster. - Ed

chuckchiller
02-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Ed,
That form is great, do you have it set up so it is NCR? Leave a copy at the home and one for you? The only thing I would add to that is a space for recommended services, aeration, over-seeding etc. Would you mind if I borrowed it and customized?
Thanks
Chuck

AustinLawnscape
02-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Chuck,

No problem! Feel free to copy it & make changes, if you'll email me a copy of your updated form. Then I'll can see if I can use any of the changes. It's a little tricky to edit without upsetting the format.

I'm still small enough that I preprint 2 copies before going out for an estimate and record the info on both, keeping one copy for my records. I do carry blank forms to fill out on the fly. NCR's will be the way to go long term.

Ed

chuckchiller
02-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Ed,
I see what you mean about the format. As soon as I finish the edits I will email it to ya. Probably tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for your help. Have you started your season yet?
Chuck

AustinLawnscape
02-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm treating some winter annual grass/weeds, killing the fescue in the Bermuda and doing pre-m. I've got several clients who have neighbors with a great crop of henbit which is trying hard to get into the yards that I maintain.

It want be long before we start my regular early rounds. - Ed

mngrassguy
02-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Chuck - Here's a form that I borrowed & customized for my business from looking at several posted here in MS Word format. Let me hear your thoughts after reviewing,. I'm always looking for ways to make things better/easier/faster. - Ed

Chuck

Take your form to any printer like Fedex Office (Kinko's) or any indepedent print shop and have it printed on 2 part carbonless. They aren't cheap but it will save you a lot of time.

also, check with RND Signs. They are a sponsor here.

Perfect Image TLM
02-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Chuck

Take your form to any printer like Fedex Office (Kinko's) or any indepedent print shop and have it printed on 2 part carbonless. They aren't cheap but it will save you a lot of time.

also, check with RND Signs. They are a sponsor here.

Check with these guys, If you get black only you can get 100 2 part carbon forms for like $30. www.anchorside.com. They were referred to me from someone on here.

mngrassguy
02-24-2009, 01:12 PM
My local printer charges me $25.00/100 for 3 part 2 color. I give 2 parts to the customer, 1 part they sign and mail back. I thought that was a lot. Now I feel better.

Perfect Image TLM
02-24-2009, 01:45 PM
My local printer charges me $25.00/100 for 3 part 2 color. I give 2 parts to the customer, 1 part they sign and mail back. I thought that was a lot. Now I feel better.

Nice!! That is a good deal, and it is local. I like the idea they can mail back the copy. Simplify!

mngrassguy
02-24-2009, 03:18 PM
I have my logo and footer printed in dark green ink just like my blank letterhead. The rest is in black ink. I have them printed at the same time as my letterhead and envelopes so I only have to pay the ink change fee ($20.00) once.

I also have #9 return envelopes printed to give with my proposal.

Perfect Image TLM
02-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Gotcha. Thanks for sharing the info!