PDA

View Full Version : barricade preemergent

longslawn
03-06-2002, 11:16 PM
Has anyone used Barricade preemergent for turf in the granular form? Were you pleased with the results? Thinking of using this product this year. Need any replys quick if possible.:blob3:

lawrence stone
03-07-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by longslawn
Has anyone used Barricade preemergent for turf in the granular form? Were you pleased with the results? Thinking of using this product this year. Need any replys quick if possible.:blob3:

If you are looking to pretty much sterilize the soil so that nothing more than the existing turf will grow there for about a year then that's the one.

NC Big Daddy
03-08-2002, 01:52 AM
I have used it for the last two seasons. If you're going to put it out nows the time. I've got a crew putting out 30 bags on a large site in the morning. It works good to very good. Just remember two things 1. Water it in 2. Mr. Stone has no idea what he's talking about. :D
Take Care and Good Luck
Chris

KirbysLawn
03-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by NC Big Daddy
Just remember two things 1. Water it in 2. Mr. Stone has no idea what he's talking about. :D
Take Care and Good Luck
Chris

lmao,,,,,,MUST BE TIME FOR RE-CALABRATION TO THE OL STONE-0-GREEN. STONE IF IT'S KILLING YOUR SOIL LOOK IN THE MIRROR, THAT'S WHO'S TO BLAME.

longslawn
03-08-2002, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the help. I ordered it this week and will be putting it out next week. Will be using on bremuda and centipede and was told to apply at a rate of 8 lbs. per 1000 sq.ft.. Is the the rate that you guys applied. I bought the 5-5-25 with .426 barracide.
Thanks,

lawrence stone
03-08-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by KirbysLawn

lmao,,,,,,MUST BE TIME FOR RE-CALABRATION TO THE OL STONE-0-GREEN. STONE IF IT'S KILLING YOUR SOIL LOOK IN THE MIRROR, THAT'S WHO'S TO BLAME.

If you rebels are going to critique my statements (and desire a proper reply) you should try doing it in an intelligent and articulate way.

Or keep your infantile banter to that "other" forum. You know the "professional” one full of part time losers that also work full time government jobs for wages.

gogetter
03-08-2002, 09:29 PM
Aw, poor Stone is mad because they aren't putting up with his useless crap over there. HA!
Thank goodness!

KirbysLawn
03-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by lawrence stone
You know the "professional” one full of part time losers that also work full time government jobs for wages.

That's funny....at least this part time loser can tell crab grass from Poa Annua, and understands a soil pH of 4.8 is a bad thing. If your knowledge qualifies as a "professional" I'll pass..:rolleyes:

longslawn
03-09-2002, 03:56 PM
One more question. The yards that we overseed in September,will the barriacde stop the seeds from germanating? I was told that the protection last about 6 - 7 months in this area.
I need to know this soon. Again, thanks for the help.

Kirby, do overseed the fescue in Charlotte after applying this in the Spring?

lawrence stone
03-10-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by KirbysLawn

That's funny....at least this part time loser can tell crab grass from Poa Annua, and understands a soil pH of 4.8 is a bad thing. If your knowledge qualifies as a "professional" I'll pass..:rolleyes:

And what does this have to do with Barricade pre-emergent herbicide?

Either answer the gentleman’s question or keep your off topic remarks to yourself.

If someone else (other than yourself) posted off topic crap at the forum you moderate it would be deleted by the administrator of that site ASAP and would be considered unprofessional.

So in conclusion don't come over to this forum and make it your toilet. You have made your bed and now you should sleep in it.

longslawn
03-10-2002, 12:50 PM
I need a answer to the last question as soon a possible.:blob4:

NC Big Daddy
03-10-2002, 03:53 PM
Longs,
I dont know about Ray but I do very little overseeding in the spring. Our springs are just to short, the heat does a number on the new growth.
Take Care
Chris

KirbysLawn
03-10-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by longslawn
Kirby, do overseed the fescue in Charlotte after applying this in the Spring?

I rarely do overseeding in the spring for cool season grasses. I would not do any seeding after applying any pre-m product. Depending on the rate you apply Barricade will determine how long of a window the coverage is. I saw a chart a while back, I see if I can find it.

Stone, it has about as much as your second post, your comment makes no since, my post is revelant to the topic at hand. If you are applying the product and it's strilizing your soil for a year then you are doing something wrong! What does any other fourm or my member status have to do with it?

longslawn
03-10-2002, 05:20 PM
I will not be overseeding in the spring. I will be overseeding warm season grass in the fall with winter rye. I was wanting to be sure that it would not interfere with that.
Thanks,

vegomatic40
03-12-2002, 07:53 PM
Tim, I have been using Barricade (a.i. Prodiamine) for about 9 yrs. Good product. Can be applied in one treatment or a "split app" for longer control. Should be degraded by the time you get ready for Rye overseeding this fall. It is Phytodegradable (breaks down with sunlight) so get it watered in asap after app. and, just like most pre-emergent crabgrass controls, don't disturb or rake the soil or you may break up the 'barrier" and start a crabgrass farm. The other weeds listed for control on the label give poor to nominal control at best.

longslawn
03-12-2002, 10:03 PM
Thanks,
Put some out today and got some rain this afternoon. I've used other pre-emergents but this is the first time with this one and wanted someone elses opinion. Thanks for the help. Hope to get good control with the crabgrass mostly.