PDA

View Full Version : Flyer response time... Curious... I haven't put flyers out in awhile...

Carolina Cuts
02-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Just curious what some other LCO's get as far as a 'response' time from distributing flyers.... Do people tend to wait a few weeks before they call? Do they call RIGHT AWAY? Currently in SC, grass is still dormant, but the weather is starting to warm up a bit.... people are starting to 'think' about their lawns...

I put out 400 flyers last weekend - 4 calls... (2) within the the first hour of distribution....
200 flyers yesterday.... 1 call in the afternoon....

4700 more flyers to go!!!! Yippee!

mowerbrad
02-16-2009, 07:42 PM
It depends on the person who gets the flyer. Some will call once they get the flyer because they know that they will forget if they don't call right away. But there are others that procrastinate and don't call until they realize that their lawn need to be mowed. I've had both types and everywhere in between. You seem to be doing pretty good at the call back rate though.

bohiaa
02-16-2009, 07:43 PM
I once gat a call 5 months into the season.....

Carolina Cuts
02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
5 months... I think I got that beat...:clapping:

I put out flyers 3 years ago in this one particular community... didn't get one call, so for whatever reasons, I never put em' out again in that community.

End of this past season, I get a call from a woman stating that "she lives in (X) and had received my flyer".... I said no you didn't....
"yes I did..."
"mam' I haven't put flyers in that community in 3 years..."
she says.... "I know it.... I just really liked your postcard, so I held on to it all this time...."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

surprise surprise, she wanted me to honor the rate I had quoted...

mow2nd
02-16-2009, 09:53 PM
depends on what your flyer says, if you say call me for an estimate, it's probably going to be days, weeks, months or years on the call backs. However if you offer next day service, you'll get 10-20 call backs. basically tell them that you're going to have a crew in the area and if you want our services, here is the price, we'll do it tomorrow and we'll leave a bill. works everytime. then once they see how great a job you did, they'll sign up for ongoing service. sure you're going to do more one time cuts, but it's better than sitting by the phone. but you're going to sign up a ton of accounts. stop thinking like everybody else and do something different.

Perfect Image TLM
02-16-2009, 09:59 PM
5 months... I think I got that beat...:clapping:

I put out flyers 3 years ago in this one particular community... didn't get one call, so for whatever reasons, I never put em' out again in that community.

End of this past season, I get a call from a woman stating that "she lives in (X) and had received my flyer".... I said no you didn't....
"yes I did..."
"mam' I haven't put flyers in that community in 3 years..."
she says.... "I know it.... I just really liked your postcard, so I held on to it all this time...."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

surprise surprise, she wanted me to honor the rate I had quoted...

Had someone do this also but it wasn't quite that long, maybe a year and a half or so...

Fife Lawn&Lane
02-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Mow2nd I really like that idea, I am going to try that in one of the local up scale neighborhoods I am trying get into.

mow2nd
02-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Mow2nd I really like that idea, I am going to try that in one of the local up scale neighborhoods I am trying get into.

Thanks, I been doing it that way for a while. I actually sold my mowing business 2 years ago and now only do lawn applications. We use the same approach with our new business just as we did with mowing.

For example, when we were mowing. Our flyers said, Tomorrow we're going to have a crew in your neighborhood to mow, trim, edge and blow off your lawn. We would set the price and if they wanted our services for the next day, all they had to do was fill out there information on the flyer and post it on the front door. We then send a crew out and mow the yards that have our flyer on the front door.

we do the same now with our application business and works like a charm. once we do the one time mowing or applicaiton we sign them up for regular service. Hope this helps.

willretire@40
02-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Awesome idea mow2nd