PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Yazoo/Kees ZT Max

rookie74
02-17-2009, 08:52 AM
I am looking at a 2002 Yazoo/Kees ZT Max, 25HP Kohler, 61" Deck, with 160 hours. Price is $4000. I have a little over 5 acres to mow, flat with no trees. Is this a good deal for this mower? Based on what I have seen, it seems to be one to me, but I wanted to post on this site to get some additional input/advice.

Thanks

Jason Rose
02-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't think you will find a lot of Yazoo/Kees owners, just not a popular brand. They are another brand of Husqvarna (they have swallowed up about a half dozen brands recently) But I believe that 2002 pre-dates the husqvarna takeover. Not 100% sure.

For what you are needing it for, I'm sure it would be a nice machine. Certinaly much better than the junk that the box stores sell for ZTR mowers, and at about the same price. I'd guess that new, your machine would have sold for (at todays prices) around $7,500. Probably $1,000 or more less than that in '02. With only 160 hours it's barely broken in. I wouldn't be afraid to see if they would take less, it IS an '02 model, but I think it would serve you well.

iknowitall
02-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Yazoo is a poor mans imitation of the Exmark. I had one and it gave me nothing but problems from electrical shorts to not starting when it was cold. Save your money and get an Exmark.

bohiaa
02-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Yazoo is a poor mans imitation of the Exmark. I had one and it gave me nothing but problems from electrical shorts to not starting when it was cold. Save your money and get an Exmark.

GREAT advice.

YAzoo used to be a Great machine. But they sure have went down hill.